as far as i know it only works inside mass effect 3 demo as soon as you leave the demo you go back to sliver status.

Thanks for the response. If that is the case then I'm confused because a GiantBomb article I read said:

"When the Mass Effect 3 demo goes live on February 14, Silver members will temporarily graduate to Gold, and get all the benefits that come with that, including access to Hulu Plus, Netflix, etc."

I would have been perfectly fine if combat had not been at all between ME2 and 3. I only played through ME2 once and that was two years ago so I am ready to do it again. The story is what matters the most to me by a long shot. I just really hope that isn't the real starting point for the game.

I swear I read that the game begins with the trial, I hope it is just being saved for release.

I would have been perfectly fine if combat had not been at all between ME2 and 3. I only played through ME2 once and that was two years ago so I am ready to do it again. The story is what matters the most to me by a long shot. I just really hope that isn't the real starting point for the game.

I swear I read that the game begins with the trial, I hope it is just being saved for release.

I thought that too. However, going by the demo it appears to of already happened, hence why Shepard is not a Commander anymore (at the start). I doubt the full release will be any different, BioWare already stated you get the very beginning mission and another mission further on in the campaign (just like the ME2 demo). To be honest, having the game start based on what happens in a DLC is never a good idea because you can't assume everyone bought the DLC and know what is going on (I know some people who refused to buy the ME2 DLC because they disagreed with paying for it). That is my 2 cents, take with a grain of salt.

I thought that too. However, going by the demo it appears to of already happened, hence why Shepard is not a Commander anymore (at the start). I doubt the full release will be any different, BioWare already stated you get the very beginning mission and another mission further on in the campaign (just like the ME2 demo). To be honest, having the game start based on what happens in a DLC is never a good idea because you can't assume everyone bought the DLC and know what is going on (I know some people who refused to buy the ME2 DLC because they disagreed with paying for it). That is my 2 cents, take with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I think it's better this way. It's possible that it was different but BioWare realized that they shouldn't expect people to have played The Arrival DLC.

The problem with the opening scene is that Shepard has been discharged and forced into retirement in the interm between ME 2 and 3. Nothing he did in either ME 1 or 2 deserved that kind of "punishment". So for people who didn't play the DLCs this development makes no sense. The only thing that would cause such an outcome would be the events from Arrival. It's the only way the beginning of ME 3 would make sense.

If what was in the demo is the 100% complete beginning of the game, it was woefully lacking in exposition and framing. I even played through Arrival (and really enjoyed it, even though I'm against DLC in principle) and I still felt that it was lacking a lot of information. I would loved to have seen the trial where Shepard had to defend his actions. Regardless of knowing the outcome, it still would have been great to see something. The way it is now just feels incomplete in my opinion.

Can we get some liberal use of spoiler tags here? I've already found out something I didn't want to :(

If you're referring to my recent post, everything I talked about is all from available/playable content from ME2/3. I don't think spoiler tags are required. I'm sorry if you saw something you didn't want to, but that's the risk you take when you read the official thread for a game such as this.

i played the demo on PC last night - does anyone feel that the camera is very 'tight' and 'attached' to Shepard? it's almost like the camera is too close and too tight to the back of him. i got used to it eventually, but it just seems too close.

Thanks for the response. If that is the case then I'm confused because a GiantBomb article I read said:

"When the Mass Effect 3 demo goes live on February 14, Silver members will temporarily graduate to Gold, and get all the benefits that come with that, including access to Hulu Plus, Netflix, etc."

its probley an error , every test i have run as soon as i got back to the dashboard i was silver again , while in the demo i had gold status.

Cover system borked, animations look like from a game before ME1, not impressed by the demo one little bit. Looks like one too many for this series, shame as I adored the first two. :(

Cover system and animations are drastically improved over ME1/ME2, at least on the 360. Seems like they are hitting their stride with this one.

As for spoilers, I agree. People should use them. No need to be lazy.

If you're referring to my recent post, everything I talked about is all from available/playable content from ME2/3. I don't think spoiler tags are required. I'm sorry if you saw something you didn't want to, but that's the risk you take when you read the official thread for a game such as this.

I wasn't aiming specifically at you :), but I don't think I'm making an unreasonable request here. It's not like I'm asking anything more than for people to wrap their text in [ spoiler] [/spoiler ]. If we have to add spoiler tags for plot points when discussing movies, why not for games? I won't have an opportunity to play ME3 until a few weeks after release date, and I accept that I'm going to get some spoiling, but I'd still like to participate in this thread without people giving away all the cool bits for me.

A little consideration goes a long way.

I wasn't aiming specifically at you :), but I don't think I'm making an unreasonable request here. It's not like I'm asking anything more than for people to wrap their text in [ spoiler] [/spoiler ]. If we have to add spoiler tags for plot points when discussing movies, why not for games? I won't have an opportunity to play ME3 until a few weeks after release date, and I accept that I'm going to get some spoiling, but I'd still like to participate in this thread without people giving away all the cool bits for me.

A little consideration goes a long way.

Yeah but we were talking about the events of ME2 and what Bioware already came out and told everyone about dealing with the start of ME3. The spolier tags normally do show up when a game releases.

look like they might have better textures in the final version

https://twitter.com/...241954423123968

Oh good (Y) I did notice in the demo the textures seemed not as sharp as what I was used to on ME2 (talking about PC version here), glad it's being fixed :happy: Guessing they left them out to reduce the download size (also left things like the Codex out as well, which was included in the ME2 demo), that is understandable.

Apparently I already had an Origin account, so it looks like I don't have to skip ME3 coop. I had an EA account for Bad Company 2, which apparently turned into an Origin account. As much as I hate the idea of having yet another videogame account to keep track of, the fact is, I already have it so I might as well use it.

I'll be playing the coop with my brother this evening, from everything I've read I have a feeling we'll really enjoy it.

For those of you who have tried it, can any race be any class? Or, are certain races restricted to a few classes each? I'm not really sure how it works or how much customization you have.

For those of you who have tried it, can any race be any class? Or, are certain races restricted to a few classes each? I'm not really sure how it works or how much customization you have.

in the demo its certian races per class.

http://oxcgn.com/2012/02/17/get-mass-effect-3-early-from-space/

The hype for

Mass Effect 3 is through the roof.

Literally.

EA will be launching

weather balloons over key cities around the world very soon, with copies of Mass Effect 3 on them.

Is this one of the greatest

PR stunts of all time?

I?m not even kidding.

Electronic Arts will be launching copies of the game into (or rather, near) space using weather balloons.

They will be released in New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Berlin, London and Paris.

Each one will be carrying a

GPS, so fans can track them on the official website with the hopes of them landing in their front yard for an early look at the game.

This truly is one of the more interesting PR stunts in recent years.

Let?s just hope it doesn?t flop like

THQ?sHomefront fiasco.

Worst comes to worst, they all land in the ocean, and the sharks get it before we do.

What do you think? Will you be tracking them? If any of them make their way to Louisiana, I?ll be sure to post pictures.

in the demo its certian races per class.

I figured as much. Hopefully it won't be as limiting as I'm imagining.

Does the co-op scale based on the number of players? Can I play the co-op by myself and actually finish a 10-wave set, or whatever they're called? Or is the difficulty so high, that that is nearly impossible?

I figured as much. Hopefully it won't be as limiting as I'm imagining.

Does the co-op scale based on the number of players? Can I play the co-op by myself and actually finish a 10-wave set, or whatever they're called? Or is the difficulty so high, that that is nearly impossible?

It apparently does not. I tried the multiplayer a little bit on my lunch break. It's solid, but it's way too hard for one person; even on "bronze".

I really like the way the game handles unlockables. You buy item packs, which behave kind of like CCG packs. You get random stuff, all immediately useful with the chance to get rare stuff. I imagine this can be very addicting provided you can earn enough credits to buy them...which I didn't.

I played enough games to level a soldier to level 3 (which, given the retarded difficulty mean playing a lot of games to the first/second wave) but never once earned any credits. How do you earn credits?

It apparently does not. I tried the multiplayer a little bit on my lunch break. It's solid, but it's way too hard for one person; even on "bronze".

I really like the way the game handles unlockables. You buy item packs, which behave kind of like CCG packs. You get random stuff, all immediately useful with the chance to get rare stuff. I imagine this can be very addicting provided you can earn enough credits to buy them...which I didn't.

I played enough games to level a soldier to level 3 (which, given the retarded difficulty mean playing a lot of games to the first/second wave) but never once earned any credits. How do you earn credits?

You earn credits by completing secondary objectives like taking out high-value targets or retrieving data from various points on the map. These objectives come up after a certain number of waves are survived.

[PC] So far I'm really enjoying the SP and MP demo. The only minor annoyances I have are the cover system sometimes just tweaks out when you want to run away. And the quickslots in multiplayer are broken. And I've only been able to do like 1 objective solo (wave 3). Bronze on 2p coop is quite fun, but the ingame voice sucks so I use Mumble. :) Went to gold first thing and got rolled pretty bad with level 1 sniper.

You earn credits by completing secondary objectives like taking out high-value targets or retrieving data from various points on the map. These objectives come up after a certain number of waves are survived.

And how many credits do you get for completing an objective?