I haven't spent a penny of actual money on multiplayer packs. If I want more weapons I just stick it on easy and farm credits.

I haven't spent a penny of actual money on multiplayer packs. If I want more weapons I just stick it on easy and farm credits.

Admirable, but it would've taken me twice as long to get the stuff I have.

Acually, with the success rate I and my friends see on Silver, we usually just stick to Bronze rounds anyway. Though with my loadout it's become entirely too easy.

I just watched all the Extended Cut endings on Youtube, seriously **** Bioware. If they didn't have any intention of ending it properly then they should have just left the ending as it is, the extended endings as well as the new ending still dont make any ****** sense.

I don't normally get invested in game stories but Mass Effect was amazing and I am genuinely upset at how the ending has been handled.

The new

reject

ending is the only ending that kind of makes sense but in doing so

completely renders your struggle to save the universe over all three games pointless as in the reject ending everyone gets wiped out and the cycle continues with only the remnants of your journey left for future species to discover like you did with the Prothean beacons.

Last Bioware franchise I ever buy.

I didn't think they were that badly done. I still disagree with the catalyst's unsubstantiated logic regarding the inevitability of an AI singularity but they at least framed the endings in a way that made more sense, and actually added some variation to them. I was also disappointed that

if you choose destroy and have high enough EMS to live you STILL get no reunion with your love interest

No, no no no.

I didn't like the new ending to my choice(destroy). What the hell is the point with the whole one more story at the very end, the

indoctrination theory makes perfect sense for this because he wakes up free of it and leads the final attack for a win. It could have just been a big DLC pack something on par with Shivering isles. Or hell just a couple missions that finish it. But instead we get this with a stupid comment to not get rid of our files but any further DLC would be pointless imo.

Played it this morning with the first character I imported and redid the control ending. It makes alot more sense now and I'm comfortable with that decision. It's like "the best way to deal with Division, is Division" (Nikita fans will get this). Honestly if Bioware made these the original ending there wouldn't have been such backlash. I approve.

The ending could hve been a bit better, however ... billions of races woring with the crucible ... and the humans cracked the code! ... what code? there was nothing there ...

how did the first nation even contemplate the crucible?! ... why not change the keepers and thus not awake the reapers ...

indoctrination ... takes effect every time you are close to a reaper and sheppard being exposed to soooooooo many reaper artifacts is mind boggling he did not get a tad bit indoctrinated and seriously ... benezia being a matriarch with 1000 years of experience fell to it and thus guy beat them how?! ... ( I love my sheppard and love the game but still, I can poke holes in it)

NOW

Bioware, please make an MMO and I will give you my kid, wife and 10 years of my life ... make it good, start at the end and make your way towards the present ... so much potential WIN! ... with past races, new races....

and also, WTF reaper, no one protected the citadel, not 1, and joker leaving in FTL and then crashing on the planet?! ... at the time I almost lost it, how the hell did joker went FTL? .... and where are those big brutes with guns on their back, volrus with whatever they fight and hannar pooping gellyfish?! ....

rachnii able to fight off indoctrination!!!! ... really ... kidding me, the only species so messed up on so many levels able to fight reapers simply by existance .... one species in billions of years of evolution ...

I love you ME3, awesome game, unfinished story, awesome multiplayer .... no regrets really but please make an MMO

Bioware already made a MMO: it's called Star Wars: The Old Republic. It isn't nearly as good as I'd hoped it'd be, either, and I'm a gigantic Star Wars fan. If they made a ME MMO in the future I don't have much faith it'd be any good.

There is no indoctrination. Get over it already.

indoctrination ... takes effect every time you are close to a reaper and sheppard being exposed to soooooooo many reaper artifacts is mind boggling he did not get a tad bit indoctrinated and seriously ... benezia being a matriarch with 1000 years of experience fell to it and thus guy beat them how?! ... ( I love my sheppard and love the game but still, I can poke holes in it)

Indoctrination as I've repeatedly pointed out to so many IT believers requires constant exposure to reaper artifacts or reaper control fields over a period of time, Shepard wasn't in contact with any reaper artefacts for long enough for them to take control. Saren and Benezia were actually inside Sovereign in the first game, it's easy to see how they became indoctrinated

There is no indoctrination. Get over it already.

Indoctrination as I've repeatedly pointed out to so many IT believers requires constant exposure to reaper artifacts or reaper control fields over a period of time, Shepard wasn't in contact with any reaper artefacts for long enough for them to take control. Saren and Benezia were actually inside Sovereign in the first game, it's easy to see how they became indoctrinated

sorry man, I have missed that part ... how about the other ones ... actually can you explain the following ...

would any reaper through indoctrination be able to keep a subject looking unchanged for long periods of time. The reason I am asking this is because - I might not remember correctly, sovereign - could have controlled any subject for their entire life span and keep an eye on everything ... thus knowing about the crucible ?!

nvm gt it ... for anyone that wants some insight read this

//http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Reaper ----- bottom - purpose

sorry man, I have missed that part ... how about the other ones ... actually can you explain the following ...

would any reaper through indoctrination be able to keep a subject looking unchanged for long periods of time. The reason I am asking this is because - I might not remember correctly, sovereign - could have controlled any subject for their entire life span and keep an eye on everything ... thus knowing about the crucible ?!

nvm gt it ... for anyone that wants some insight read this

//http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Reaper ----- bottom - purpose

In simple terms, no. Once the process of indoctrination has begun it's irreversible. Whilst for some time the subject may occasionally have moments of lucidity and self control, over time the subject will slowly lose their ability and end up becoming a mindless husk incapable if independent thought. Indoctrination usually takes about 2 weeks to set in but as soon as it sets in the subject will, usually without even realising it start to do things that aid the reapers cause. At no point in the series do we see the slightest bit of evidence of Shepard doing that.

In simple terms, no. Once the process of indoctrination has begun it's irreversible. Whilst for some time the subject may occasionally have moments of lucidity and self control, over time the subject will slowly lose their ability and end up becoming a mindless husk incapable if independent thought. Indoctrination usually takes about 2 weeks to set in but as soon as it sets in the subject will, usually without even realising it start to do things that aid the reapers cause. At no point in the series do we see the slightest bit of evidence of Shepard doing that.

Still makes for a better ending, though this wouldn't be the first time a fan theory made more sense in some medium. How can he have one more story if all the important bad guys are dead? That thing at the end is almost as bull**** as "wake me if you need me" from Halo 3, but at least everyone knew Halo 4 was gonna come out at some point. All we have from Bioware was that we were told not to delete our save files.

I've been thinking recently, everyone is quick to bitch and moan that the "god child" has no place in ME lore and how it doesn't make sense and is stupid. However, maybe it isn't...think about it for a moment. There has already been groundwork put down for such a creature, anyone remember Klencory? the planet an eccentric volus allegedly went looking for "beings of light"...couldn't the god child be considered such a being? BioWare have let it slip that after we see what is coming (as DLC) we won't be so upset about the ending(s) and after the recent leak that we *might* be getting DLC centred around the Leviathan of Dis. Well maybe, just maybe there is DLC on Klencory that might shed some more light on what exactly the god child is? Maybe I'm clutching at straws and maybe the endings really are that bad nothing can save it. Just throwing it out there. Take with a grain of salt.

I've been thinking recently, everyone is quick to bitch and moan that the "god child" has no place in ME lore and how it doesn't make sense and is stupid. However, maybe it isn't...think about it for a moment. There has already been groundwork put down for such a creature, anyone remember Klencory? the planet an eccentric volus allegedly went looking for "beings of light"...couldn't the god child be considered such a being? BioWare have let it slip that after we see what is coming (as DLC) we won't be so upset about the ending(s) and after the recent leak that we *might* be getting DLC centred around the Leviathan of Dis. Well maybe, just maybe there is DLC on Klencory that might shed some more light on what exactly the god child is? Maybe I'm clutching at straws and maybe the endings really are that bad nothing can save it. Just throwing it out there. Take with a grain of salt.

Honestly, one more reason I haven't bought the game yet, so I can play it with all DLC and get the full final chapter.

The only ending I like at all is the Control Reapers ending - which seems decent enough. But on a whole, even though the DLC added more explanation, it didn't change the fact that the whole ending phase and all the choices were stupid in the first place. The Reapers declare themselves and bringers of doom and death and destruction, but nope, they're all just lovely fellows doing an honourable service to the galaxy? I imagine that is most definitely not the way the main writer of the ME 1 lore had intended the Reapers to be explained.

The Reapers declare themselves and bringers of doom and death and destruction, but nope, they're all just lovely fellows doing an honourable service to the galaxy?

Well Sovereign was a vanguard for the reaper invasion so he was supposed to be intimidating and menacing. But Harbinger, who is apparently higher up the Reaper chain as it were, goes on to tell you they are the agents of "our ascension" and bring us "salvation" through what we perceive as our destruction. Sovereign is the soldier who does his job, point and shoot, Harbinger is the commander that tells you why you have to be shot and your house burned down.

But on a whole, even though the DLC added more explanation, it didn't change the fact that the whole ending phase and all the choices were stupid in the first place.

They couldn't change the ending because it would have been a massive admittance that what they wrote wasn't up to par to the rest of the trilogy. They hide behind the "artistic integrity" to cover up their failure.

In a way they remind me of everyday politicians.

If I have to buy money to get my complete ending I will never buy another Bioware game day 1 again and it would have to be amazing for me to buy it at all after this.

Still makes for a better ending, though this wouldn't be the first time a fan theory made more sense in some medium. How can he have one more story if all the important bad guys are dead? That thing at the end is almost as bull**** as "wake me if you need me" from Halo 3, but at least everyone knew Halo 4 was gonna come out at some point. All we have from Bioware was that we were told not to delete our save files.

You think that simply learning that you completely failed and that your actions meant absolutely nothing is better than the endings we currently have? Ok, so they aren't perfect but the indoctrination ending would not have been better in my opinion it would have actually been a whole lot worse.

It's not a "god child", that's simply the form it chooses to reveal to Shepard. Never have Bioware made the assertion that the catalyst was meant to be omnipotent it was just an advanced AI that solved a problem in the best manner it could see fit.

If I have to buy money to get my complete ending I will never buy another Bioware game day 1 again and it would have to be amazing for me to buy it at all after this.

The ending DLC is out, and it's free. Bioware have already said it is their last word on the endings, they aren't going to alter them again.

You think that simply learning that you completely failed and that your actions meant absolutely nothing is better than the endings we currently have? Ok, so they aren't perfect but the indoctrination ending would not have been better in my opinion it would have actually been a whole lot worse.

It's not a "god child", that's simply the form it chooses to reveal to Shepard. Never have Bioware made the assertion that the catalyst was meant to be omnipotent it was just an advanced AI that solved a problem in the best manner it could see fit.

The ending DLC is out, and it's free. Bioware have already said it is their last word on the endings, they aren't going to alter them again.

Well whatever you want to call it, it still fits in with Klencory though. The volus was searching for a crypt of "beings of light" created to protect organic life from the "machine devils"...pretty much describes what the catalyst is, don't you think? which *might* suggest this crypt could be the site of one of the failed "solutions" or that they created more then just one AI to solve this issue. The "Jupiter brain" on Ploba could even be linked to all of this. At the very least, a *possible* DLC on Klencory could shed more light on the backstory of the catalyst and maybe some more insight on what happened previous or who were the race that created the catalyst. I'm just throwing ideas around, could be totally wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind that last bit, it was flamebait just waiting to happen....

My question for you guys is, has anyone here actually played a game with a good ending?

I can't remember the last time I did. I usually just write it off as an unfortunate aspect of gaming.

If it was supposed to be the last game I could understand why people would be upset, but last I heard it isn't going to be.

I quite enjoyed the new expanded endings and in my opinion really seals the trilogy for me. The new ones expand upon the gaping plot holes from the original which is what I was after. Sure, they could have made a better ending. But, it's their series, and they can end it how they like. They just needed to have actually put some effort into it, to explain what happens afterwards, to fill in the gaps of that hastily put together POS the original one had. They've done that now.

It's just a real shame, that during 1 and 2 it really seemed like Bioware had some grand plan. Some overarching story they already knew how it would end and were filling in the details with each game. It is now unfortunately clear that the games are just a mish mash of different ideas they never really knew where they were going with. Perhaps it's because of Mack Walters taking the reigns with 2 and 3 that it started going off course. They foreshadowed a lot with the dark energy stuff from the previous games and then went nowhere with it and came up with something completely different at the last minute.

For me, now, that's Mass Effect finished. Moving onto other games and I won't be going back to replay them now since it's just plainly obvious as the writers changed so did the direction and quality of the storytelling. Everything you do in the games doesn't really make any difference at all, and even the original cause of everything was changed at the last minute. Poor storytelling.