I wish they would continue this game ... not as sheppard but a prequel would be outstanding and fit the series well ... also .. I would not mind having a sequel that would continue the series (or maybe an MMO of some sort) ... as those options can expand, explain and provide closure as to what happened and will happen (of course the ending each chose may have to be excluded but never the less) ...

prequel can touch base on the collectors/protheans ---- easily done of course ... salarians eating flies and what not and their own struggle with the AI

sequel can touch base on after sheppard (w/o relays) .. society after a galactic extinction (or not) ... as sheppard can now be in control of the reapers - thus having all the knowledge to rebuild the mass relays and continue the story

Posting this while trying to avoid any ending spoilers!

Playing through ME3 for the first time, imported my ME2 save. I have to say off the bat the gameplay improvements are much appreciated. The characters actually move fluidly now, where as in ME2 running and moving was incredibly stiff.

Having a blast so far and not thinking about the ending :p No idea if the DLC adds much, I'll find out when I find out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyway I tried Inflitrator on my Nexus 7 and decided the only way I'd play it was to get a gamepad, which I never did.

Sold off the tablet. It's decent for gaming in theory, but in practice...what games? Especially that aren't just phone games.

Back to ME3, I'm still playing online - new patch notes http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/324/index/14311106/1

It takes a bit to get going, and it throws a lot of needless extra crap into the experience. I felt a bit overloaded by trying to find every stupid thing there was to do (within reason, I'm not a completionist.)

Otherwise it felt like pretty much the same game, which to me wasn't a good thing. It's still fun though, and eventually I finished it.

So i finally started playing this. Some changes are nice some arent. I feel like it was simplified compared to me2, which is slightly unfortunate. It like the game devolved from me1 to me3.

I was playing on insane difficulty but had to switch to hardcore because it was almost impassable :D

Dunno about being impassable, I'm currently doing a second playthrough on insanity (I WILL 100% this game lol) and although it's tough you just have to plan ahead. I also would not recommend going for insanity on first run through unless you're an absolute sadist or the best gamer in existence. It's designed to be done on a "new game +" method

Dunno about being impassable, I'm currently doing a second playthrough on insanity (I WILL 100% this game lol) and although it's tough you just have to plan ahead. I also would not recommend going for insanity on first run through unless you're an absolute sadist or the best gamer in existence. It's designed to be done on a "new game +" method

What strategy do you use on it? What happens is that i get "stuck" with engineers building turrets, and grenades being constantly thrown at me,and then i run out of ammo :D

lol I admit when you run out of ammo you're up a certain creek without a paddle as it's powers only. Eden Prime was a classic example of the problems you faced.

For me it's tackling one enemy at a time, ensuring your team are correctly equipped etc. Also worth remembering that if you target an enemy for the team to attack (aim at them and press up on the d-pad) then they take more damage, also with your team mate loadouts, their weapons do not affect their cooldowns so load them with the highest DPS weapons and I've never seen a team mate run out of ammo either, someone else might be able to correct me there.

Grandma eggsucking lesson over :D

lol I admit when you run out of ammo you're up a certain creek without a paddle as it's powers only. Eden Prime was a classic example of the problems you faced.

And indeed i faced that problem there. Had to switch the difficulty. Anyway i discovered a way around ammo problem...prothean assault rifle! Not the most powerfull, but prolonged exposure does the trick. It gives a feeling of me1 gameplay.

As for my companions, i usually chose liara and either prothean or edi(chick power :D).

Combination of singularity/stasis and incinerate +my warp does the trick most of the time.

However i did face major difficulty when freeing Victus. Died more than 20 times!

Oh yeah warp is an excellent power on single player, singularity, warp, SMG = melted armour. I'm still going through insanity myself and not very far in at all, I think Palaven is next for me.

Reave is good as a bonus power if you have your bonus powers unlocked, it provides a little damage protection whilst it remains active.

Has anyone played the extra missions? I was debating getting the DLC this weekend but I dont want to pay $10 for an hour of gameplay.

I have both of the DLC's, They do both contribute something to the story and the lore, if you're into that. Javik (From Ashes) is a good teammate to have and also gives you some extra lore on the Protheans and how their empire was crushed in the last cycle, and Leviathon gives you some lore on how the Reavers came to be, and makes the ending slightly less confusing. I'm waiting for the rest of the SP DLC before I start an Insanity run; I'll probably wait until ME1 comes out on PS3 anyway so I can have a full 3-game playthrough.

http://kotaku.com/59...g-his-own-comic

"This one doesn't have time for your solid waste excretions."

If you're like me, you "watched" every gripping minute of Blasto 6: Partners in Crime, the film featuring the first Hanar Spectre inside Mass Effect 3. The rules-breaking renegade did whatever the hell he wanted in pursuit of justice, even if it meant smashing up the transport belonging to his Elcor partner's mate.

Now Blasto's going to be the star of a new one-shot from Dark Horse Comics, written by ME3lead writer Mac Walters. Here's how the publisher is describing the comic:

Written by lead game writer Mac Walters with art by Omar Francia, Blasto: Eternity is Forever, is sure to be a smash hit amongst fans of the franchise!

Blasto, who is described as having "a lover in every port and a gun in every tentacle" doesn't have time for your solid waste excretions. On a remote space station overlooking the Elcor homeworld... the lone Spectre puts an end to the nefarious deeds of an outlaw band of mercenaries bent on galactic-wide domination.

Blasto: Eternity is Forever is available exclusively in the Dark Horse Digital store November 28th, 2012!

• Like 2

War For Omega DLC Dated:

http://blog.bioware....r-omega-begins/

Soldiers of the Milky Way,

Disturbing reports from the Citadel suggest that something big is about to go down. If our Intel is accurate, Aria is on the move. This was anticipated, as we did not expect her to sit idly by while Cerberus ran roughshod over Omega. With her biotic capabilities and well-documented mean streak, what happens next won?t be pretty.

Our informants believe that Aria intends to seek out Commander Shepard for assistance. We are aware of the Commander?s ties to Aria, but are unclear about how deep they run. What we do know is that Aria will be relentless in her fight to take back Omega, and with the Commander at her side, she may very well be unstoppable.

We will be observing this situation closely as it develops. Continue to monitor this channel for further communication.

Aria_T__Loak-1024x576.jpg

The war for Omega begins?How far will you go to end it?

Mass Effect 3: Omega (Single-player DLC) ? Coming November 27th to PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 (November 28th to PS3 in Europe).

Coincidentally, I just purchased this today on Gamersgate for $12 and just got thru the opening sequence. So, far so good.

I hope my brother will pick it up, he's been wanting a new multi game to play and I'd rather not buy every game for him.

I have one request from Bioware for the Omega DLC. Please, PLEASE at the end of it, let Wrex meet with Aria and realize who she really is. After that I can say the Mass Effect trilogy is truly complete.