Someone at work mentioned that if you download the demo on the day of release you get free Gold until the full game releases. Can anyone confirm this? And is this deal, as I fear, only for US?

Someone at work mentioned that if you download the demo on the day of release you get free Gold until the full game releases. Can anyone confirm this? And is this deal, as I fear, only for US?

Access to Gold Live membership is perhaps not that significant for Co-Optimus readers; we need Gold to play co-op! However, this is a great opportunity to rope some of your co-op shy friends into having a game or ten with you. It appears that this Gold trial will only give you access to Mass Effect 3 (despite the poor wording ot Microsoft's press release below):

source

What did you find? We already knew it had multiplayer.

It's highlighted in the picture I posted. On IGN's wiki, it says that there are no achievements/trophies linked to multiplayer, then the very first achievement/trophy in the list says reach level 15 in multiplayer or level 50 in single player lol. Sure, you can get it "outside" of multiplayer, but it's not entirely correct that there are none that are not linked to multiplayer.

Oh good god. All the achievements can be completed without EVER playing online. Clearly that is what they are talking about. IGN must be on CRACK.

Since forum search is teh brokeh, I don't know if there's a thread for Mass Effect novels or whether they are mentioned already in this thread. So:

The recent release of Mass Effect: Deception, a new novel written by William C. Dietz and published by Del Rey, didn't sit well with fans.

Upon its release, a lengthy Google document was created outlining many of the book's errors. BioWare has since acknowledged the issue and is releasing a new version of the book with the errors corrected.

"The teams at Del Rey and BioWare would like to extend our sincerest apologies to the Mass Effect fans for any errors and oversights made in the recent novel Mass Effect: Deception," the publisher said on its forums. "We are currently working on a number of changes that will appear in future editions of the novel.

"We would like to thank all Mass Effect fans for their passion and dedication to this ever-growing world, and assure them that we are listening and taking this matter very seriously."

Source (gameinformer.com)

While it's very nice that fans are being listened to and those painful errors are about to be corrected, ffs, someone that has at least played through the games and, preferably, read previous books, could have checked out before printing that crud! Some of those errors show that the author has no real clue about Mass Effect universe whatsoever. What next? Books will have public beta versions and incremental updates, too? Or they'll start selling "patch" stickers that one can glue over errors? :|

Mass Effect 3 is just looking more awesome every day :woot: still a week till pay day (monthly pay is torture!) then I can finally pre-order my copy! in the intrim I'll be getting the demo next week and playing more ME1 and 2 to get ready for ME3 :D (Y)

I have to go back and play ME 1 again before I play 2. I got it when it came out and I just haven't had the time to play it. I also need to decide if I want to roll Shepard as a female. I have read that the voice over work is just better for the female Shepard.

just finished the demo 1.72 gig download and its the same 2 levels as in the leaked beta , the multiplayer component isnt active yet i guess they are waiting till tuesday

sweet, i managed to get a key for early demo access, though they are probaley all used by now.

http://social.biowar...3/index/9217743

Weren't they giving beta access to everyone who had Origin or some such? Or maybe it was Battlefield 3 pre orders get beta access?

And from what I've read you don't actually get to play the multiplayer part of the game in the beta, just some co-op? At least that's what the mass effect website says.

I can't wait to play the demo. BioWare said there's about 1 to 2 hours of content. They also said it'll feature two singleplayer missions: the opening level with the reaper attack and a level further into the game where Commander Shepard travels to an alien planet for help. Also, the co-op portion will feature two levels.

I just hope the PS3 version is ironed up. I've been having funny and sometimes not so funny glitches with my ME2 (PSN download), not sure if there were problems on 360 or not.

And I can't get myself to try the demo, I just can't. I already feel like I've watched too much with the ME3 TV ads.

Weren't they giving beta access to everyone who had Origin or some such? Or maybe it was Battlefield 3 pre orders get beta access?

And from what I've read you don't actually get to play the multiplayer part of the game in the beta, just some co-op? At least that's what the mass effect website says.

it was people who own battlefield 3 get access to the multiplayer/coop a week before people who didn't buy it. but this was xbox team releasing codes before the offical launch of the demo on tuesday.

I just hope the PS3 version is ironed up. I've been having funny and sometimes not so funny glitches with my ME2 (PSN download), not sure if there were problems on 360 or not. And I can't get myself to try the demo, I just can't. I already feel like I've watched too much with the ME3 TV ads.

I've played ME2 on Xbox 360. What kind of funny thing you've experienced?

for anyone intrested apparently me 3 facebook app is givng them away right now just decode it.

Got my code from that FB app too after 7 tries lmao :p