Mac OS X 10.7.2 out

So in the meantime: Am I the only one who finds it completely outrageous that there's currently no way to merge Apple IDs or transfer purchases from one to the other? What if I decide to leave my ISP and my email address is canceled as a result? Does Apple just give me the finger and says though luck? That's basically an issue I'm facing right now.

So in the meantime: Am I the only one who finds it completely outrageous that there's currently no way to merge Apple IDs or transfer purchases from one to the other? What if I decide to leave my ISP and my email address is canceled as a result? Does Apple just give me the finger and says though luck? That's basically an issue I'm facing right now.

never use an ISP for your mail e-mail for reasons like this... i'm sure if you contact them they'll change the e-mail log in associate with the account. or if they are like steam they'll say no and tell you to change your primary contact email to your new e-mail addy like they did with me.

never use an ISP for your mail e-mail for reasons like this... i'm sure if you contact them they'll change the e-mail log in associate with the account. or if they are like steam they'll say no and tell you to change your primary contact email to your new e-mail addy like they did with me.

There was as article somewhere quoting someone anonymous from Apple saying they're aware of this issue and they're working on a solution to the whole multiple accounts thing - With iCloud it really becomes an issue as you wouldn't want your daughters iPod Touch having some important iPages doc, but you don't want to buy apps multiple times and you can't expect a young kid to have a credit card etc

Well at the time there simply weren't any reasonable replacements. I'm not going to use Hotmail (at the time no way to use it in an email client), Gmail was in beta and .Mac just insanely expensive.

I've got more stuff down the pipe 949mb

Lion Recovery Update

iTunes 10.5

Lion 10.7.2

Maybe they fixed the safari full screen close button vanishing and Airport acting strangely for no reason.

Here goes nothing !

Downloading 10.7.2 and the Lion Recovery Update now. Sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones: it's only taking me about 30 minutes.

It took me about 40 minutes to download the recovery update as well as 10.7.2 at around 2pm eastern. Then it took about 20 minutes to download the update to iPhoto. The only issues I had were some delays getting my Reading List to sync using iCloud. Took about an hour before I saw the same list on all devices.

Hmm...didn't seem to take too long for my download, but I am on the West coast as well so that might have some effect.

I am very glad to see that they fixed that screen zoom issue. It was annoying to have it randomly stop.

Hmm...didn't seem to take too long for my download, but I am on the West coast as well so that might have some effect.

Downloading it on my MacBook Air only took about 5 minutes. :p Weird.

OS X Lion has been updated to 10.7.2 in the App Store as well. (Y)

Hold down option while clicking on the "Purchased" tab and select "Install" to re-download the updated OS X Lion Installer.

PS Yes, I know it's Dutch. But I'm sure you guys can figure out the "What is new in version 10.7.2" part... :p

post-128385-0-36186700-1318454680.png

I've got more stuff down the pipe 949mb

Lion Recovery Update

iTunes 10.5

Lion 10.7.2

Maybe they fixed the safari full screen close button vanishing and Airport acting strangely for no reason.

Here goes nothing !

Safari and Airport are fixed.

Might have already been posted, but what's the build number for the GM? I currently have 11C57 but SU isn't showing .2 for me, just an update to the Recovery Tool and the Server Admin Tools.

My mid 2009 macbook pro still makes quite a bit of noise even after this update. It was silent when I had Leopard / Snow Leopard on it. Anyone else having the same issue?

Hmm, guess I'll have to run the reversioner they posted on ADC. That's probably why I don't have it on SU.

Yep, or just run the reversioner from the 11C73 build and then run SU.

So I had to download the Lion Recovery update twice. Not once, but twice.

And you know what? I still can't ge the damn thing to install.

Everytime it finish downloading, I get an error saying it can't connect to the server and quits.

Awesome.

Just awesome.

So I had to download the Lion Recovery update twice. Not once, but twice.

And you know what? I still can't ge the damn thing to install.

Everytime it finish downloading, I get an error saying it can't connect to the server and quits.

Awesome.

Just awesome.

Have you tried this tool? Create the recovery disk first, then boot from it to do an offline install.

Have you tried this tool? Create the recovery disk first, then boot from it to do an offline install.

Thanks.

But to be honest, this seem like alot of effort in a day. Its citing some kind of server error. Can't I just wait it out for a couple of days and see if it clears up?

But to be honest, this seem like alot of effort in a day. Its citing some kind of server error. Can't I just wait it out for a couple of days and see if it clears up?

That's what I'd do. It's not exactly a key part, but just don't try and remotely lock your computer with iCloud.

So I had to download the Lion Recovery update twice. Not once, but twice. And you know what? I still can't ge the damn thing to install. Everytime it finish downloading, I get an error saying it can't connect to the server and quits. Awesome. Just awesome.

Personally, I never use Software Update. Every time it tells me I have updates, I just go to https://support.apple.com/downloads and download it from there. Bonus is that they provide SHA1 hashes so I can verify the download, too.

Use this link to solve your woes: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1464

Very happy with 10.7.2 so far. They've got Mission Control to work exactly how I wanted it to work (how it should have been with 10.7.0).

What if I decide to leave my ISP and my email address is canceled as a result? Does Apple just give me the finger and says though luck? That's basically an issue I'm facing right now.

No, Apple suggests you change the e-mail address associated with your Apple ID: http://support.apple.com/kb/HE40