Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters Gets a Release Date

First movie starring Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson was released last year and it received mixed reviews from critics and fans. It had a reported budget of $95 million and it made more than $226 million worlwide. Chris Columbus directed the film, with Brandon T. Jackson, Sean Bean, Alexandra Daddario and Pierce Brosnan also starring. Since there are five books, 20th Century Fox has set a release date for the sequel, which is a second book in the series.

Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters will be released on March 27, 2013.

It is still not confirmed whether or not Chris Columbus will direct the film. More info should be revealed soon.

And this is a short summary of the second book:

When Thalia's tree is mysteriously poisoned, the magical borders of Camp Half-Blood begin to fail. Now Percy and his friends have just days to find the only magical item powerful enough to save the camp before monsters overrun it. The catch: they must sail into the Sea of Monsters to find it. Along the way, Percy must stage a daring rescue operation to save his old friend Grover. He also learns a terrible secret about his own family, which makes him question whether being the son of Poseidon is an honor or a curse.

http://www.comicbook...9/news/?a=48003

• 5 months later...

Hollywood Reporter....

Nathan Fillion is feeling god-like.

The star of ABC's Castle has joined on to star as Greek deity Hermes in Fox 2000's sequel Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Sea of Monsters, based on the second book in Rick Riordan's best-selling young-adult book series.

Thor Freudenthal is directing The Olympians, which will be released in 2013 in theaters. Logan Lerman is returning in the role of demigod Percy, while Alexandra Daddario and Brandon T. Jackson also are returning.

In the Percy Jackson series, Hermes is the father of antagonist Luke, who is played in the films by Jake Abel.

The first title in the franchise, Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, grossed $226.5 million at the worldwide box office in 2010. Dylan Neal played the role of Hermes in Lightning Thief.

Chris Columbus, who directed Lightning Thief, is producing the Percy Jackson sequel with Karen Rosenfelt.

Primarily a television star in shows like Firefly, Fillion's film lineup includes Serenity and the acclaimed indie hits Waitress and Slither.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i am surprised they are making another one, i do not know anyone that actually saw the last one.

Also Nathan looks a LOT like Alec Baldwin in that picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet. Loved the books and enjoyed the first movie.

The final movie (if they make it that far) will be crazy.

looks really good, but ya know I wasn't expecting a follow up to this movie. I would rather see them make a new "Next" cause if any movie left me hanging it was that one, or The Last Starfighter from the 80's.

I was fully expecting a sequel, but had given up. They've waited too long. The actors are too old. I'll probably watch it anyway, and I hope it's good, but I am so disappointed by how they've treated this series. The first movie was good enough to prompt me to go read all of the books, though, so at least they accomplished that.

• 3 weeks later...