McDonald's Cashier beats unruly customers during argument

No need for shooting unless they cornered him and posed a real threat, but I bet sticking a .40 muzzle in the lead morons face would have caused a full stop/reverse engines ;)

That BTW is very likely legal, depending on the state law.

I'm just going to quote this right here in case anyone was even considering responding to you.

You could look at it like violence begets violence. If you dont want people to fight you and kick the crap out of you dont start something, you dont know what people will do when provoked.

You could look at it like violence begets violence. If you dont want people to fight you and kick the crap out of you dont start something, you dont know what people will do when provoked.

You're purposefully trying to minimize the outcome of the situation as well as the cashier's inability to stop himself, despite being pleaded with by numerous individuals. The issue is not the fact that he chose to respond, the issue is how his response escalated out of control, and I think everyone here knows that, yourself included.

You're purposefully trying to minimize the outcome of the situation as well as the cashier's inability to stop himself, despite being pleaded with by numerous individuals. The issue is not the fact that he chose to respond, the issue is how his response escalated out of control, and I think everyone here knows that, yourself included.

I dont think anyone would say he didnt go overboard, but it wouldnt of happened if the women didnt get violent and attack him the way they did. Dont expect to act like the way the women did and think there will be no consequences. Would this have happened if the women didnt attack him? The guy spent some time in prison, probably wasnt a good idea to screw with him. Point being when you confront people like this you never know what you might unleash upon yourself. Acting like a decent human being lowers the chance of this happening.

The lady jumped over the counter, and rushed the employee. Up here in Alaska you could have shot her, and it would have been self def, what made it go too far is when he kept hitting her after she was on the ground, but she could have had a knife we didn't see or something else. Basically he should be charged with attempted assault, and the ladys should be charged with felony assault.

I dont think anyone would say he didnt go overboard, but it wouldnt of happened if the women didnt get violent and attack him the way they did. Dont expect to act like the way the women did and think there will be no consequences. Would this have happened if the women didnt attack him? The guy spent some time in prison, probably wasnt a good idea to screw with him. Point being when you confront people like this you never know what you might unleash upon yourself. Acting like a decent human being lowers the chance of this happening.

There are people directly above you saying he didn't go overboard. You were responding to a post I made that was in response to one of those users.

And, yet again, no one said the women acted appropriately. The response from the cashier, however, was completely disproportionate to what they did. Stop trying to make excuses for the guy acting inappropriately -- you don't see anyone making excuses for the women.

I'm finding it really hard to feel bad for them. They attacked him in a place of business and went so far as to try and attack him again when he ran off to get the object. I'm sorry but anybody who explodes like that over a $50 bill is very dangerous and instead we could be talking about how they killed a McDonald's employee. He should definitely be fired just because at no point is "beat a customer down" an acceptable practice but there's no way he should be punished more harshly than they are.

EDIT: And screw that fat white lady who started yelling stop! She should have been yelling that as soon as the two women went after the cashier. She obviously has some double standard issues.

The two women’s attitude is what gives black women a bad name, I call it the "<< racial epithet >> attitude" they got what they deserve, and you can't attack someone plus go after them not expecting to get your butt kicked in return or face any sort of resistance. The cashier has the right to protect himself the way he did, he was in fear for his well being/life even with the woman down on the floor still trying to go after him.

If it was a woman beating down two guys she wouldn't have been arrested nor charged if this situation was reversed, instead she would've called been a hero!

The two women’s attitude is what gives black women a bad name, I call it the "<< racial epithet >> attitude" they got what they deserve, and you can't attack someone plus go after them not expecting to get your butt kicked in return or face any sort of resistance. The cashier has the right to protect himself the way he did, he was in fear for his well being/life even with the woman down on the floor still trying to go after him.

If it was a woman beating down two guys she wouldn't have been arrested nor charged if this situation was reversed, instead she would've called been a hero!

No. Just no. On so many levels. No.

A. Your comment is borderline racist.

B. You use a hypothetical situation to say "well, if the stakes were reversed no one would have a problem!" because you know no one can refute a hypothetical since it's not based in reality; all you have to do is say "nope, you're wrong."

C. He was in fear of his life after he had already beat them so bad they clearly needed to go to the hospital?

D. After a certain point it was no longer about "protect[ing] himself."

E. People were clearly trying to get the entire incident to stop even before the women went over the counter.

F. Do you honestly think she shouldn't have been yelling at him to stop? The woman was down on the ground! She had been hit with a hard metal object multiple times! And she shouldn't have been yelling stop?!

G. Of course the women shouldn't have slapped him to begin with, but when you look at the result of the slap and the result of his actions, they were clearly disproportionate.

I swear, sometimes reading Neowin makes me fear for humanity. And that is in no way an exaggeration in even the least bit.

He did the right thing. This "customer is king" bull**** makes people think they can do absolutely anything with the people behind the counter. No wonder some employees get to the point when they lose control.

Everybody should have reciprocal respect for each other, no matter if it's a customer or an employee.

No. Just no. On so many levels. No.

A. Your comment is borderline racist.

B. You use a hypothetical situation to say "well, if the stakes were reversed no one would have a problem!" because you know no one can refute a hypothetical since it's not based in reality; all you have to do is say "nope, you're wrong."

C. He was in fear of his life after he had already beat them so bad they clearly needed to go to the hospital?

D. After a certain point it was no longer about "protect[ing] himself."

E. People were clearly trying to get the entire incident to stop even before the women went over the counter.

F. Do you honestly think she shouldn't have been yelling at him to stop? The woman was down on the ground! She had been hit with a hard metal object multiple times! And she shouldn't have been yelling stop?!

G. Of course the women shouldn't have slapped him to begin with, but when you look at the result of the slap and the result of his actions, they were clearly disproportionate.

I swear, sometimes reading Neowin makes me fear for humanity. And that is in no way an exaggeration in even the least bit.

Sorry but you are wrong

A. Yeah and so what, and it's no differant from all the anti U.S and other hate here on Neowin.

B. Yes it's based on reality as I've seen it many times in my life.

C. Yes in self defense sending someone to the hospital in short of killing them is fair game in a situation like this from what a Dective told me once 10 years ago.

D. If the cashier felt he was still in danger then he was still within his rights to protect himself.

E. Clearly they didn't do a very good job trying to get the cashier to stop, if they really wanted him to stop they could have subdued the cashier to protect the two women but they didn't.

F. It was clearly showing it was the white women yelling stop and call the cops, we have no way of knowing if the two women on the ground are ones yelling stop or if they did all.

G. Yes the woman shouldn't have slapped the guy, as soon they went behind the counter going after the cashier that changed everything and the cashier was within his rights do what he did like it or not.

So you are telling me that if two people came at you, you are going to just stand there and let them beat the crap out of you? Or are you going to defend yourself?

Sorry but you are wrong

A. Yeah and so what, and it's no differant from all the anti U.S and other hate here on Neowin.

B. Yes it's based on reality as I've seen it many times in my life.

C. Yes in self defense sending someone to the hospital in short of killing them is fair game in a situation like this from what a Dective told me once 10 years ago.

D. If the cashier felt he was still in danger then he was still within his rights to protect himself.

E. Clearly they didn't do a very good job trying to get the cashier to stop, if they really wanted him to stop they could have subdued the cashier to protect the two women but they didn't.

F. It was clearly showing it was the white women yelling stop and call the cops, we have no way of knowing if the two women on the ground are ones yelling stop or if they did all.

G. Yes the woman shouldn't have slapped the guy, as soon they went behind the counter going after the cashier that changed everything and the cashier was within his rights do what he did like it or not.

So you are telling me that if two people came at you, you are going to just stand there and let them beat the crap out of you? Or are you going to defend yourself?

But that's exactly what you are supposed to do according to the Liberal pansies, it's the job of the Po9lice to "defend" you (hell no), you defending yourself is viewed as an act of violence, and that should not be tolerated, no matter what the situation is, you are expected to be taken to slaughter and not try to defend yourself

This topic has only served as a reminder as to why I try to stay out of the Real World section of Neowin as much as possible: you people scare the **** out of me. We have people who gladly admit to being racist (some of which will even go so far as to use a clearly racist word and segregate a race itself), people who think the appropriate response to a slap (a slap that appears to have done no harm whatsoever) is to get a metal object and beat the **** out of the person who slapped you, people who will blame the witnesses for not "subduing" a cashier who just brutally beat a woman instead of blaming the cashier, people who suggest that you should beat someone on the ground who you just brutally beat because that's how you make sure they know what they got...

You know what? No. I'm not even going to justify all the bull**** stupidity in this thread. I hope some of you never procreate if you think an appropriate response to a slap is to beat the **** out of someone with an iron bar.

This topic has only served as a reminder as to why I try to stay out of the Real World section of Neowin as much as possible: you people scare the **** out of me. We have people who gladly admit to being racist (some of which will even go so far as to use a clearly racist word and segregate a race itself), people who think the appropriate response to a slap (a slap that appears to have done no harm whatsoever) is to get a metal object and beat the **** out of the person who slapped you, people who will blame the witnesses for not "subduing" a cashier who just brutally beat a woman instead of blaming the cashier, people who suggest that you should beat someone on the ground who you just brutally beat because that's how you make sure they know what they got...

You know what? No. I'm not even going to justify all the bull**** stupidity in this thread. I hope some of you never procreate if you think an appropriate response to a slap is to beat the **** out of someone with an iron bar.

Obviously you are talking about me, well **** off, the cashiers actions are justifiable like it or not.

In the UK there is a massive policy that is smashed in your face. Do not physically or verbally assault our staff, main bus drivers or hospital staff. But if someone does the same to a McDonald employee then the Employee has almost no rights, if the Employee gets fired for self defense he should sue McDonald's for failing to protect their staff.

McDonalds should be suing the customer because in the UK, you punch a bus driver the company will take you to court.

Now that I think of it. Mcdonalds doesn't accept bills higher then $20. At least around here. They have signs inside, and outside. "We do not accept bills greater then $20"

Obviously you are talking about me, well **** off, the cashiers actions are justifiable like it or not.

Really? Because the whole him getting charged with a felony thing means his actions WEREN'T justifiable, like it or not.

I hope that $50 is fake. those chicks didn't think they would get hit and they did. the guy did use excessive force, its pretty obvious cause he is hitting them after they are no longer a threat.

Really? Because the whole him getting charged with a felony thing means his actions WEREN'T justifiable, like it or not.

You claim you don't like this part of the forum but yet you still post here, the man has every right to protect himself so yes it is.

If the women had died as a result, would the general reaction be different? I wonder. Because it could have easily gone that way too.

He had the right to self defense, but more then surpassed just that. It sounds like he was angry, and was just hitting them even after they were no longer a threat. Plus, hitting the head is a definite kill zone.

They were both idiots, and both should be prosecuted.

He stopped until they started to get up then started again. They should have stayed down. If they get back up, they should be considered a threat again.