• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

McDonald's Cashier beats unruly customers during argument

Farstrider    298

They fired him.

They publicly made out that he has acted inappropriately before the trial was even held.

Personally I'd have tacked wrongful dismissal and defamation onto that suit..

I am not in favour of frivolous lawsuits, but for once I am 100% in agreement with this person! I would add mental anguish as well as pain and suffering! I would sue the **** out of them!

Albert    69

self defense. with a bit of steam-letting. which is understandable if you work at mcdonald's.

Simon-    492

I don't support the use of excessive force.

In this incident however, what it looks like to me, is that in the heat of the moment, he may have misjudged the threat level presented to him after he already knocked them down, and thought that they were trying to get back up for a round 2.

It was a 2 vs. 1 situation and the whole incident happened very fast. With all that adrenaline pumping through his system and no time to think about it, he might not have realised that the threat has already been neutralised and didn't want to take the risk that they could quickly get back up to keep fighting.

This man has presumably not had any security or self defence training, and he was put in a position where he was forced to respond, without having the skills needed to do it in a 'professional' manner.

I'm glad to hear that he was cleared, and hope that he is successful in suing the pants off McDonalds for the way they treated him.

Gee this wouldn't have happened if USA switched to Polymer bank notes :p They are so hard to forge that handling large bills raises no questions.

Dapen    34

I'd like to think I'd do the same if in that situation. He was chased down and defended himself using his adrenaline, when they tried to get back up he kept them down, something our bodies tell us to do, stay a live! He should get a slap on the wrists and that's that, he shouldn't have lost his job, sadly business comes before life though and to a manager/business owner you should stand there and take it or just run off.

They don't tell you how to act when violence is thrown your way in retail training, i've done retail jobs with large businesses and not one has given me training on what to do if my life is at risk by a customer.

123456789A    4,710

Oh, well if they fired him and spoke wrongly of him, then I take that back. He should sue for lost wages too, which isn't much considering it's McDonalds.