[UK] Facebook campaign: 'Nirvana for Christmas No. 1'

Overheard on the radio: As a follow-up to the 'Rage Against The Machine for Christmas #1' FB campaign there's now 'Nirvana for Christmas No. 1'. Its goal is what it says on the tin - get 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' onto the #1 chart spot for Christmas.

As of now there are 40,817 people who clicked the like button. I for one fully endorse this campaign and hope many of you will do the same.

UK Neowinians:

427125059.gif

Errm, I don't really see the point in replacing a one hit wonder with a track that, while good, is one of the most well known and overplayed songs in the history of music.

As someone said during the RATM campaign, it should be Refused's New Noise or nothing. Nice they're giving some money to charity, but 'meh' is what it gets from me.

• Like 1

Errm, I don't really see the point in replacing a one hit wonder with a track that, while good, is one of the most well known and overplayed songs in the history of music. As someone said during the RATM campaign, it should be Refused's New Noise or nothing. Nice they're giving some money to charity, but 'meh' is what it gets from me.

It's certainly better than the X Factor trash alternative.

Meh, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is an extremely overplayed song, and in my opinion, Nirvana were an overrated band. Yes, they were good, but out of the Big Four of Grunge (the other three being Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains), I'd always put them last.

A better choice would have been "Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End)" by The Darkness.

Contested the Christmas #1 spot in 2003, but narrowly lost out to a very depressing cover of Tears for Fears' "Mad World".

I reckon justice should be done and The Darkness should get the Christmas #1 that they deserved. Plus, it would be great to actually see a Christmas song have the Christmas #1. (Y) Hasn't happened since 2004, and that was a remake of Band Aid's song.

• 3 weeks later...

Shame it's been done before.

They would have had more success if they chose a song that is really old, a classic everyone will want, a Christmas song. Now THAT may have actually had a chance.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By LoneWolfSL
      20th Anniversary editions of the Xbox Controller and Headset announced
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

The new line of Xbox peripherals that kicked off with the launch of the Xbox Series X|S has been steadily expanding since last year with new controller variants, headsets, and more. Today, Microsoft revealed more expansions to the lineup, and these arrive celebrating Xbox's 20th anniversary coming up on November 15.

The new 20th Anniversary Special Edition Xbox Wireless Controller touts a similar look to the original Xbox Debug kit, featuring a translucent black case that lets the silver innards peek through. Meanwhile. the brand's iconic green color can be found on the Xbox button, back grips, and around the D-pad.

Connecting this controller to an Xbox Series X|S will also grant an exclusive 20th Anniversary dynamic background for use on the console, and there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many times the unlock can be used. However, switching over to another background will remove the exclusive variant until the controller is paired to the console again.

The 20th Anniversary Special Edition Xbox Wireless Controller has a November 15 launch date attached to it, with pre-orders available now for $69.99 in eligible markets both at retailers and online. To pair the controller with a matching charging stand, Microsoft has partnered with Razer for a limited edition Universal Quick Charging Stand.

Microsoft also revealed the 20th Anniversary Special Edition Xbox Stereo Headset today, a new variant of the wired headset the company announced in back in August.

Much like the Xbox controller, this features a translucent black body and silver internals. The bright green splashes are across the earcups (both in and out) and the boom mic this time. The dials are customized too, with the left sporting a 20th Anniversary logo in green while the right has the usual Xbox logo.

The 20th Anniversary Special Edition Xbox Stereo Headset also launches on November 15, and pre-orders are available today for $69.99 in eligible regions. Aside from hardware, Microsoft is introducing T-shirts, hats, and more with the 20th Anniversary Collection over on its Xbox Gear Shop.

• By +Frank B.
      I was shocked when I heard the news on MTV. Everybody knew about Kurt Cobain's mental and drug abuse issues, but still - it came as a surprise when he put a shotgun to his head.
      R.I.P., Kurt.
      https://vimeo.com/35616801