Black mark on photos

I just pulled up my compact camera (Canon SD790 IS) and noticed a black mark near the bottom left of my images:

img0006ihq.jpg

img0007uh.jpg

It's more evident when you zoom in, as shown in the second pic.

Any one have any idea what it is? I tried cleaning the lens but it didn't do anything.

That's odd as hell, if it was like a Canon Rebel I would saw its something on the mirror but that is just strange lol. Hopefully someone can help you.

Looks like hair or thread stuck within the lens assembly since it changes as you zoom. Nothing you can do, really. Cleaning involves taking the whole thing apart and a few bills. It may be more hassle than it is worth.

Looks like hair or thread stuck within the lens assembly since it changes as you zoom. Nothing you can do, really. Cleaning involves taking the whole thing apart and a few bills. It may be more hassle than it is worth.

Get it cleaned. Obviously worth the hassle unless your not planning on taking photos with the thing :p

Can you peek inside the lens with a small LED torch? It looks to me like a loose wire, but hair is a good candidate. Sometimes thread comes off the cleaning cloth, although its not supposed to.

It's a compact camera, so it's not a dSLR (I'd be quite unhappy if that happened to my real setup :p ). It's not really expensive to buy a new one, but since I don't even use it much, I don't see how the cost is justified :s So I guess this one is pretty much done?