How do you feel about people who arrive late?

The Late poll  

139 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about people who are late

• I don't hate late people, they arrive when they arrive
    • they annoy me
    • The annoy me ot the point of ****ing me off
  2. 2. When I say i'm going to be somewhere at a certain time...

• I'm always on time.
    • If i'm late, it's ok, they can wait.
    • I'm always on time but if i'm running late, i'll call them and let them know when I plan to arrive.
    • I'm always on time or early

On my top 10 list of annoyances and probably ringing in at number 1 is people who arrive late. Why can't people arrive on time? I mean really, how hard is that? I understand that sometimes you run a little bit later than you expect, but that is why god invented man who invented the god damn cell phone! Call me and let me know you are running late!

I constantly have customers who tell me they will drop off a computer at X time, only to arrive either A) whenever they feel like it or B) Never show up at all!

I also have some friends who will say they will arrive at X and AWAY arrive close to an hour or more later. They use words like "I'll be there soon!" which to me says at MOST 10 mins. To them soon means more than 30 mins (or whenever they feel like arriving).

What really bugs me is these same individuals have no problem arriving to work on time. So that says they don't care, and are just plain RUDE!.

Now I might be an odd person, but if I tell a customer I will be at their house at 10:30 but realize that I'm not going to get there on time and it might be 10:31 or later I pickup my cell phone and call them.

I don't really hate on people who are late, but who call and set a new time of their arrival and then arrive by that time. That's ok.

It's those other late ****ers that need to be taken out back and beat with a really large object.

Lateness happens. I don't like it but I accept it. But what I hate are fake excuses.

Ranging from the BS ones that are made up, through to "Oh sorry I left late"... Well freaking don't then you prat!

****es me off to no end. If someone says a certain time, they better damn well be there at that time. It's just incredibly rude.

If I can be there on time, why can't that person?

I've waited 20 minutes for someone before, and then just left. They called me about 5 minutes later really irate asking where I was. I told them I waited 20 mins and left. They got ****y and asked why I didn't text to let them know...

I've waited 20 minutes for someone before, and then just left. They called me about 5 minutes later really irate asking where I was. I told them I waited 20 mins and left. They got ****y and asked why I didn't text to let them know...

I did the same thing 3 weeks ago. I was going to meet this chick and her husband at the bar for darts and pool. It was also her birthday. She works in a coffee house and she said she was covered in coffee in hand to go home and change. Well she lived out of town so I figure it was 20 mins to get home so 40 there and back and she left go to home at 8pm

Let's just say she kept saying be there soon be there soon, when finally at 10:30pm I left and went home. Apparently they arrived shortly after.

She then sends me a text message saying "Your my friends, friends are there for other friends birthdays and don't leave and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

I told her "I am your friend, which is why I waited 1 1/2 god damn hours for your ass!"

I think that was good for her, because now she knows if she makes me wait i'll just leave.

Bugs the sh*t out of me, especially when the person calls to say they are gonna be late at exactly the time they were meant to be here

Yep, my friend Ben does this to the point of expecting it. Just when he is was to be at my house or maybe 5 mins before he will call me and say "Just leaving now", when you know it's a 30 min trip!

-------------------

Actually saw Ben in action one day. So him and I were suppose to be at another friends house 15 mins away at 7:30. So we are on the couch watching TV and because i'm always early I got off the couch at 7pm and said Lets go!. He didn't want to move. then at 7:20 he gets off the couch and says "Well I'm going to take a shower". WTF!!!!!!!!!!

This is a big pet peeve of mine as well. I don't see what the big deal about calling if you're going to be late is. It seems like NOBODY does this anymore.

Worse than just being late though in my opinion are the people that are consistently late. I had a coworker several years ago that was 15 minutes late EVERY day. Never on time, he couldn't do that, but he was able to be consistently 15 minutes late every day. That drives me nuts.

OR, the people that are late all the time, but the one time you're late (And call), it's the end of the world. This I will never understand.

I don't hate people that arrive late. Generally they are good enough to send me a message letting me know, and I do likewise. Even if people make it a regular occurence, I end up just creating a time and then factoring in their usual lateness time, then I show up round about when they would.

I have this one friend who used to be about an hour and a half later than any time we arranged. It was such a habit that I just didn't show up until an hour and a half after the show up time. It worked pretty much every time, and the times that she would phone and say, "I'm here, where are you?" I would respond with, "Oh, you got there early, I'm running a bit late." After explaining how I'd created a timeframe for her, she understood and didn't really have much to say on the matter. :laugh:

• Like 2

I dont mind pals and relatives being late, but unpunctuality in a work enviroment is unprofessional, like a doctor being half an hour late for a patient with anxiety :)

Oh I agree. That's the worst. In a work environment, I think you should be on time more often than not. And let's be honest, doctors never are (Nor do they even care that you're waiting)...

And I don't really mind if a friend or family member is going to be late, but common courtesy would dictate that they call if it's going to be more than a few minutes... It really does say that they don't care about me...

I don't hate people that arrive late. Generally they are good enough to send me a message letting me know, and I do likewise. Even if people make it a regular occurence, I end up just creating a time and then factoring in their usual lateness time, then I show up round about when they would.

I have this one friend who used to be about an hour and a half later than any time we arranged. It was such a habit that I just didn't show up until an hour and a half after the show up time. It worked pretty much every time, and the times that she would phone and say, "I'm here, where are you?" I would respond with, "Oh, you got there early, I'm running a bit late." After explaining how I'd created a timeframe for her, she understood and didn't really have much to say on the matter. :laugh:

What i'm about to tell you is the truth and no lie. I've known Ben for 11 years and I can only recall him being on time, TWICE! The first time is when he forgot to set his clock back for the time change. B) I made a bet with him for $5 that he couldn't be on time. He arrived on the countdown from 10...9....8 (yep he can be on time when he wants)

I don't hate people that arrive late. And if I'm going to arrive later than I planned, I do tend to call ahead and let whoever is throwing the party know.

Generally, my friends and family tend to arrive on time, so this isn't really an issue. What bothers me to no end are people who say they will attend something, but then don't show up at all. THAT is rude.

It annoys the crap out of me but cuz i'm also a patient person I'll create reasons for people to be late when they don't call. I'll think, oh maybe they missed the train or got stuck in traffic and forgot their cell phone or whatever. Put it this way, first time meeting my current GF she was 1hr 15mins late. First date - only 30mins late! I'm like ok, maybe getting better, nope - 2nd date was 1hr late. LOL To this day she's NEVER been on time for any meeting we've had (almost 5 yrs later). We've lost some friends because her constantly being late too, they are apparently the type of person that %ing HATE it! We were late like 30 mins to meet some friends at the club, not a dinner reservation or anything, just a normal club that's open till 5am or whatever. LOL That girl hasn't spoken to my gf since then, she'll say hi to me as she knows i hate being late too it's always my GF making me late no matter how hard I try. Sometimes i'll give her 1hr earlier time so we'll be "late" 50mins but still be 10 mins early, still doesn't work. :no:

Sorry I'm late did I miss anything ? :s

Absolutely hate people that are late for appointments / meetings/ occasions . Gives me the impression that either they have little respect for the occasion or just cant be bothered.

I go out of my way to make sure I am always on time , even if that means I get to a place way to early. Even for something as simple as going to work. I normally arrive 30 mins early , that way it gives me plenty of time just in case I run in to minor set backs.

My attitude is if you are going to do something / go somewhere , turn up on time or simply don't bother coming.Annoys me big time when friends turn up late for an evening out and causes a few arguments ...but hey that's just me i guess.

Better late than never. Not my fault all your clocks are wrong. Generally speaking, people who get irate about tardiness are 1) usually bad at their jobs and use that as a saving grace and 2) are headed for an early coronary.

I'm aways 15-30 min 'late' to work, its called a flexible schedule.

Bugs the dog s**t out of me too. On the other end of that scale, another thing that bugs me is when some one asks you to give them a ride some where or something and you arrive there in time, but they aren't ready!!

One of the biggest things that REALLY bothers me though is people who have to pull out in front of you on the road when there isn't another vehicle behind you for miles!! Those same people will either get going VERY slowly or turn 1 block down the road!!

• 1 year later...

Now I have another friend who is ALWAYS late for everything. It's starting to **** me off.

Like right now, where suppose to leave at 7:45 to be somewhere at 8:30 so I text her and say we should be leaving, she says "We will be 30 mins late" ... it's now 8:30 she's still not here.