Spotify for Windows Phone 7 / Mango..

Hi folks..

I'm very taken with the Nokia Lumia 800 and have been waiting to jump to Windows Phone for a while - this is the handset to convince me I think.

Except there is just one problem. I like Spotify a lot and use it almost daily on my Android handset.. but there doesn't seem to be any concrete information out there on when we can expect it on Windows Phone. Does ANYONE have any idea when it's likely to see daylight? It's a major barrier for me jumping ship!

From what I read, Zune Pass has been on the back foot for a while and everyone says Spotify is vastly better... I'm not in any real hurry to ditch it! :(

If your region has Zune pass, I would definitely pick that over spotify. Unless you also want spotify for other devices like tv, set top box, and stuff.

At this point I'm not running it on any devices other than my Windows 7 PC at home & work, and on my mobile phone...

It has a 14 day trial so.. if I come around to buying the Nokia Lumia 800 I'll be sure to give it a go at least!

IMO, Last.fm is way better than Spotify. You can skip songs with no hr limit. It's available now in the marketplace.

You need Spotify Premium to use it on a mobile phone, which has unlimited playback anyway.

Quite. I reasoned that, for what is essentially the cost of one CD album per month, I can listen to pretty much whatever I want and even cache offline playlists on my phone.. so it's a good solution for me!

But isn't Zune Pass the exact same thing? Just cheaper and more integrated?

Ya, only difference is that spotify might support more countries that don't have Zune Pass support yet.

From my point of view, the big difference between Spotify and Zune Music Pass is (besides catalog number and country support) is its interesting social media sharing - Facebook, Last.FM, playlists sharing.