• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

With the recent updates, are you likely to jump ship?

Are you planning on buying a Windows Phone soon?  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tom    1,190

With Mango having just been released, HTC having released two new handsets and Nokia having put out their two flagship WP devices yesterday are you likely to buy a Windows Phone soon or when your contract ends?

With Samsung's new devices just around the corner, the future for Windows Phone looks reasonably bright, however lets put it to the test.

• Like 1

+primortal    12,639

As-soon-as Verizon Wireless gets a decent WP7 device. Need to get rid of my HTC Touch Pro 2 already.

margrave    1,392

Not sure right now, always been tempted and mango makes it more so...

M_Lyons10    454

As-soon-as Verizon Wireless gets a decent WP7 device. Need to get rid of my HTC Touch Pro 2 already.

Boy if that's not an understatement. I'm on Verizon now (And have a Trophy). It's a good phone, and I do like it, but they are really slacking with WP7 device selection. It's really disappointing.

Rudy    457

I just renewed this month to get an iPhone 4S. When I was at the carrier to pick up my phone I asked to see if they had any display WP7 phones and they didn't :/ I wanted to see if 7.5 was a big change but didn't get to (didn't personally like the original release)

BajiRav    2,137

I am 1 year into my At&T contract and I was soo hoping Nokia to have a FF camera (big time skype user!) but hey...I can wait for their next round. I won't be jumping ship platform wise, just continuing with WP. :)

Ambroos    801

Perhaps. I pick whatever is most efficient for me. Which means whatever has the best functionality that works well at the lowest possible price. For now that was an Android device for me. Cheap, I can play with it, lots of updates and apps and good integration with what we use at school.

If Windows Phone keeps getting better at the rate it is progressing already I might jump ship when my current device dies.

(Hurray for Belgium, no carrier locked phones, no plans/contracts that come with a phone = total freedom when it comes to plan/carrier/phone)

firey    4,018

Nope, quite happy with my Atrix and Android. Can't stand the tiles/metro look, that's 100% my reason for not going WP7.

• Like 1

still1    251

Android is still the best in my opinion and suits best for my taste.

ManMountain    56

Perfectly happy with Android on my SGS2. Looking forward to January 2012, if rumours are true, I'll be popping ICS onto it :)

Max Norris    2,258

Most likely. Contract's up in a few months and pretty bored with Android, not a fan of Apple, and so far really liking what I see with these new phones.

lalalawawawa    59

I'll get one with Windows Phone 8, probably. Got Optimus 7 in December, don't have a reason to stop using it now.

Joey S    30

Android is still the best platform. As others have said, the tiles/metro look is horrible to use and look at.

still1    251

Android is still the best platform. As others have said, the tiles/metro look is horrible to use and look at.

+1 to that... i find it hard to use.... i lose track of where i am at the screen

bjoswald    210

I still have mixed feelings about WP7. Part of me wants to give in to the fad and play with it because it's new and different, but I love Android too much to stray completely.

AJerman    761

No thanks. Sticking to Android. I will, however, be looking forward to a new quad core phone with ICS soon though!

guru    322

i'm sticking with my WP7. for all the frustrating feature misses ,lack of out of the box USB storage,SD card support.etc, There simply isnt an OS in the market that holds a candle to Outlook, Calendar , People hub and slick UI of WP7 phones.

BajiRav    2,137

LOL, you are funny. You are entitled to your opinion obviously but I appreciate your patience in posting every WP7 thread/news post. That is either some intense love for Android or extreme hate for Windows Phone.

• Like 1

shakey    1,127

I just cant stand the look of the UI. Those tiles and blocks and colors, just too childish for me.

Hum    6,933

Jump ship ?

I didn't even climb aboard the MS ship. :laugh:

firey    4,018

LOL, you are funny. You are entitled to your opinion obviously but I appreciate your patience in posting every WP7 thread/news post. That is either some intense love for Android or extreme hate for Windows Phone.

Or.. like me they just don't like the idea of the tiles whatsoever...

BajiRav    2,137
Or.. like me they just don't like the idea of the tiles whatsoever...

if you re-read my post, I am not objecting to his opinion on which UI is better. If you like, that's ok - it's your phone!

PyX    140

I’m sticking to the iPhone, will be waiting for the next iPhone to update my iPhone 3GS.

It suits my taste perfectly, can do everything I want it to do, has a great developer base, and remains in symbiosis with my Macs thanks to iCloud.

Android and WP7 will really need to release something with an impact for me to switch, at this point they will be all similar and it’ll be just a matter of taste.

LightShadow    39

When they give competitive apps. I mean £2.29 for the majority of 69p iOS games that are still cheaper on Android. So what if they have XBOX Live, Game Centre on iOS4/5 is free. I don't care about achievements, I just want to play games when bored and not pay ridiculous amounts for them.

So staying with Android here.

Nick H.    10,003

I won't be buying a WP7 device. Android have pretty much won me over, especially with the upcoming ICS release. My next phone is almost certainly going to be a Galaxy Nexus.