• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

New to Windows 7 Phone

neoxphuse    7

@TDT - Welcome to the real phone! I've had my Focus from the beginning and it's been a pleasure to use, EVERY DAY. Just like what Nokia says - Amazing Every Day. I can't describe it, but in over a year I have never got bored of my phone. When I do, change the accent color.

If you unlocked your phone - Advanced Config you can basically change any sound, of course if you know how to use the Registry Editor etc. I'm pretty sure you can add more APN if required, I've had to enter it once. Not sure if you can add more though.

No flash, yeah that sucks. Lots of different browsers though. MetroBrowser let's you play some videos from megavideo, videobb, etc. Check out the development at xda-developers. I'm not sure GO SMS Pro does.

Youtube - go and get MetroTube before it's gone (Jan 1). Best YT experience you'll have anywhere.

TDT    280

@TDT - Welcome to the real phone! I've had my Focus from the beginning and it's been a pleasure to use, EVERY DAY. Just like what Nokia says - Amazing Every Day. I can't describe it, but in over a year I have never got bored of my phone. When I do, change the accent color.

If you unlocked your phone - Advanced Config you can basically change any sound, of course if you know how to use the Registry Editor etc. I'm pretty sure you can add more APN if required, I've had to enter it once. Not sure if you can add more though.

No flash, yeah that sucks. Lots of different browsers though. MetroBrowser let's you play some videos from megavideo, videobb, etc. Check out the development at xda-developers. I'm not sure GO SMS Pro does.

Youtube - go and get MetroTube before it's gone (Jan 1). Best YT experience you'll have anywhere.

Hi there. I tried to find some more info about what you said and WP7. Advanced Config (assuming you're referring to the one on the TouchXperience website) is for Windows Mobile, not WP7. Also, I have a registry editor installed, but when I try to browse some registry keys, it returns me to the start screen. No error, no nothing.

About the APN, there's no (easy) way to add more than one, like for MMS for example. I found a solution on XDA but it's way too complicated to try, and it's not even worth it.

About YouTube, I already have MetroTube, but, like I said, the playback is laggy on standard quality. If I switch to HQ or HD, it's worse.

neoxphuse    7

@TDT - it is for WP7. I have a focus. The registry editor might require interop unlock which is why you're returning to the lock screen.

Also if MetroTube is lagging,maybe the data/wifi connection is lagging. I have no issues with it whatsoever. Runs super smooth, even transitioning from portrait to landscape.

tsupersonic    1,832

I laugh at people who gets the HTC Titan. Resolution for the 4.7 inch screen is bad!

I agree, but it is Microsoft to blame for, as only 800*480 is supported currently. Any phone that has a display bigger than 4.3" needs a larger resolution than 800*480, otherwise PPI goes down, and won't look as sharp...

micro    106

That's funny. The titans purported small resolution looks pretty damn good to me....

~Johnny    397

That's funny. The titans purported small resolution looks pretty damn good to me....

Quite so, it's actually hard to notice, mostly I reckon because the font smoothing it so great. It still stills sharper and smoother and clearer than the PenTile matrix on the 3.7" Lumia 800 screen :p

Zain Adeel    197

the res will be on Par compared to a Pentile screen..

Btw i didnt know Lumia had Pentile :s

TDT    280

Does anyone know how can I sync Hotmail contacts with my Omnia 7? Here's why I'm asking:

As you probably know, the contact pictures that come from syncing with Google are pixelated and look horrible. Why they didn't fix this so far is beyond me.

I've noticed that if I create a new contact, the phone asks where to "save" it, Windows Live or Google. If I select Live and then assign a picture to that contact, it has the same quality, so it's much better than Google. However, I don't want to manually create all the contacts, so I went into the account settings and unchecked the "Contacts" option in the Google "what to sync" section. The Live account doesn't have this option, only "Email" - why is that?!

To my surprise, the People section only shows 3-4 contacts after I unchecked that option! I really don't know why, because on Hotmail I have all my contacts listed, so I assumed they'll be synced with the phone.

So, what would be the best and fastest way to do this? Or some other workaround for the contact images problem...at least until Google finally fixes this mess...

Thank you. :)