Petrol prices

What the world pays

PRICES for a litre of petrol around the world: SWEDEN...................77.5p UK...........................76.6p GERMANY.................73.4p ITALY......................72.7p FRANCE...................69.3p BELGIUM..................69.3p PORTUGAL................66.5p SWITZERLAND..........60.0p AUSTRIA..................58.9p GREECE....................54.7p AUSTRALIA..............32.9p USA.........................24.1p

no comment... :cry: :pinch: :blink: :wacko:

Source (yes I know it's the Sun, you can go check elsewhere and prove me wrong)

Side note (no need for an extra topic):

Well done Matthew!

However his brother Ned is 17 not 12. :angry:

cheapest gas i saw around here was $1.28, it was in Kansas City, Missouri though, MO seems to be about 10-12 cents cheaper than in KC, Kansas.

edit: its only a 2 mile drive to Missouri from here, definitely worth it saving 12 cents a gallon.

im not quite sure how price per gallon translates to price per litre, but last time i was in europe, seems like someone told me that it was equivelant to about $4 a gallon.. thats just insane

When will people realise that cheap fuel is not some sort of God given right? Personally I'd be happy if all fuel is the same price as it is in Sweden.

I have said it before and I have said it again. The US contributes to A QUARTER OF WORLD POLLUTION. Patting yourselves on the back for living in a country that sells cheap fuel is not something to be proud of.

in california.. mobile seems to be at 1.93 - 1.99 .. its usually Chevron thats the most expensive and Shell/Texaco is always cheapest..

in my neighborhood.. there's a shell and a mobile next to each other and its so crazy.. one day mobile will be at 1.99 and all of the sudden shell will lower theirs to 1.88 then mobile drops to 1.93.. and shell drops to 1.73 in one day.. then the next day shell goes back to 1.83... it's always like .10C cheaper.. cheapest gas i have seen yet. i don't fill up anywhere else but there. somedays there are really long lines. :(

being the worlds 3rd most populated country as well as one of the largest geographically you'd have to kind of expect figures like that.

Seeing as the country is around 5% of the world's population, I dont see how your argument is in any way relevant?

Seeing as the country is around 5% of the world's population, I dont see how your argument is in any way relevant?

lots of people + evil capitalist society with bling bling to spare + need to navigate large country + cars + emissions = quarter of the air pollution

no wonder the US's price is so low, lil' georgy stealing iraq's oils :p

its $0.91 AUD here in perth, geez, with all these rising petrol prices, teens might have to start sniffing natural gas for kicks :p

no wonder the US's price is so low, lil' georgy stealing iraq's oils :p

yeah, we're pumping it out of there like crazy!, i drink 3 glasses of oil everyday for breakfast thanks to Iraq! :rolleyes:

Ho boy.

Are you aware of the concept of fuel economy?

i'm pretty sure theres more small-to-midsize cars on the road than H2's and Canyonero's

So how do you account for the massive disparity between pollution and population as a percentage of world totals?

I've lived in the US (in California), the UK and Australia. Without a shadow of doubt there are more SUV's in California than in the UK or Australia.