Propaganda hits MTV's Real World

Scary - that the young people on MTV's "The Real World" can innocently sit around and spew Karl Rove's propaganda for him. Just got a call from my daughter who loves that show.....and I understand more and more why I chose this user name.

Seems these young, middle class, gals were sitting around discussing the world situation. Yeah, right. The Iraq situation came up....and one of these delightful but ignorant women said something to the effect of (I'm paraphrasing, but retaining the concept) : Sure, we shoulda gone into Iraq - what should we have done, sat around and waited for Saddam to knock down two MORE buildings? !!!

Never mind that Bush finally was pressured into admitted that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11. No problem with killing thousands of Iraqi civilians with bombs marked "payback time!" We are a nation of sheep revisited.

Terror sells. Bush knows that....er...his speech writers and handlers know that.

http://tvnewslies.org/html/terror_trap.html

:angry:

It's sad that you have to go on the internet in order to evade the Republican Matrix from destroying your brain these days. What would we all do without it? I'd probably be a whole lot dumber without it and that scares me.

I doubt they were "spewing propaganda", more likely they are just ill-informed bubbleheads, voicing their own uneducated opinons.

Moved To The Soapbox

I doubt they were "spewing propaganda", more likely they are just ill-informed bubbleheads, voicing their own uneducated opinons.

Moved To The Soapbox

Indeed. I doubt they got marching orders from the White House to say what they say. It's unfortunate when a claim on TV like that goes unchallenged.

The show is taped months in advance. Maybe they didn't know Bush had agreed that Saddam had nothing to do with it.

I am sorry but speak of propaganda, you have made three posts in our community and they have all been Bush bashing post and you have referred us to http://tvnewslies.org in every single post.

Just by skimming the front page on that site its a clearly a anti-bush/republican site. Propaganda works both ways. Though I have choose no party yet, I don't like it when anyone bash's either side. Because the simple truth is, a lot of info is with held by both Democrats and Republicans, and I do agree that the general population DOES NOT need to know every thing our government does.

Anyone whom believes that either party is innocent or hasn't lied or misled the people of this country is blind, and really needs to get a reality check.

Edited by kxgard3

Because the simple truth is, a lot of info is with held by both Democrats and Republicans, and I do agree that the general population DOES NOT need to know every thing our government does.

Well, I disagree, I do very well want to know what my country government does. The gov is a public voted system afterall, so these ****tards should play with open cards. Not that I'm humping conspiracy theories, but I've the opinion that most unheard stuff in the government is some bogus stuff going on.

Not sure I 100% understand what happened and who *exactly* said what on TV and elsewhere.

Just my own two cents, but MTV's not exactly nutritional brain food these days, and the few times I've flipped by, I haven't been terribly impressed by most of what's presented one way or the other at any time.

You might want to get your daughter interested in and rationally, analytically discussing media/info from sources where when whatever people have received whatever "awards" in their life, the dramatic moment of the evening hasn't been Britney Spears and Madonna sharing a lip-lock.

I'd personally be minimizing MTV influence on one's family as much as reasonably possible, or at least trying to get it put in rational perspective. The station has really deteriorated in recent years, as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I disagree, I do very well want to know what my country government does. The gov is a public voted system afterall, so these ****tards should play with open cards. Not that I'm humping conspiracy theories, but I've the opinion that most unheard stuff in the government is some bogus stuff going on.

Some info does need to be with held for security reasons, such as new technology research and the such

But I don't think we should be kept in the dark about national crises or the real reasons we start wars.

If Bush would have said, "Hey I want to take Saddam out, I think he might have WMD but I am not to sure, but we all know he is a terrible leader and kills his own people for fun. Also I want to move our main base from Saudi Arabia to Iraq and get some more oil, so lets take em out." I would have supported him just as well.

well, it started as a rant about MTV but now its a debate about the freedom of information..surprise :p

actualy, now that I think about it, it started as a thread about "issues" with the "Real World" ahahahaha

sorry, I'm easily amused :ninja:

Moved to RWI

i'm confused, is that link supposed to support your MTV = propaganda slant or is it just a totally random link to someone whining that you posted for no particular reason?

I quit watching the Real World when all the roomies drove Irene <RW Seattle>crazy and Stephen pimpslapped her, the show kind of went downhill after that for me...hehe

I quit watching the Real World when all the roomies drove Irene <RW Seattle>crazy and Stephen pimpslapped her, the show kind of went downhill after that for me...hehe

now that was great tv lol :pinch:

,Sep 27 2003, 07:11] I am so old... I remember when MTV used to play videos. :p

i remember that time too.... 24 hours a day 7 days a week of music videos, nothing more, well, except maybe a little beavis and butthead, but even that show HAD VIDEOS... remember the moon landing mtv promo? :yes:

What MTV sucks?! I get all my news from the MTV News Break! Did you guys hear Justin was seen in the same nightclub as Britney Spears? Like omg, I think it is way more important to the world then traces of highly enriched uranium being found in Iran, don't you?

I don't like it when anyone bash's either side.

I dont think I've ever heard anything quite so ridiculous.

Bash both sides! That's the entire point! If people had been hammering Bush, Cheney and all the other PNAC whackos maybe there wouldn't be such a mess in Iraq right now. All political parties should be able to stand up to constant publis scrutiny!

It's amazing. It really is. As soon as people complain about Bush for LIEING TO HIS FELLOW AMERICANS NATION AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN they are vilified for "spreading propaganda" and bashing Bush. I dont quite know where this bizarre culture of silent conformity came from but it scares the hell out of me.

It's amazing. It really is. As soon as people complain about Bush for LIEING TO HIS FELLOW AMERICANS NATION AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

omg you mean politicians lie???!?!

thanks for alerting us to this unknown issue!!!

It's amazing. It really is. As soon as people complain about Bush for LIEING TO HIS FELLOW AMERICANS NATION AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

:rofl: thanks for the laugh very funny

If you agree that they lie, they you can't complain when people bash them, can you.

I dont think I've ever heard anything quite so ridiculous.

Bash both sides! That's the entire point! If people had been hammering Bush, Cheney and all the other PNAC whackos maybe there wouldn't be such a mess in Iraq right now. All political parties should be able to stand up to constant publis scrutiny!

It's amazing. It really is. As soon as people complain about Bush for LIEING TO HIS FELLOW AMERICANS NATION AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN they are vilified for "spreading propaganda" and bashing Bush. I dont quite know where this bizarre culture of silent conformity came from but it scares the hell out of me.

I don't think there is a problem with debating the points of either party but to, put up web pages that basically says Republicans or Democrats are all liars or to have site dedicated to saying how stupid one person is, is not debating or having a intelligent argument regarding political views or actions taken by either party.

Frankly I am less concerned with if our president lied to us or not. Other political matters are more pressing to me at this time.

Where I live schools budgets have been cut to the point, where there asking students to "volunteer" to stay in from recess or stay after school to help clean the school because the school district can not afford to hire janitors to replace the ones they laid off.

Or when I lived in Utah I would drive past a school and would see trailers that where set up to be class rooms, because the schools where over crowded and in the winter these where heated by a space heater, and even worse the school my wife?s little brother attended has not had a working heater for years, because they could not afford to fix it. Yet in 2002 they started construction on a 200 million dollar building to "TEMPOLARILY" house all the government employees that normally worked in the capital, while they "UPGRADED" the air-conditioning system in the capital.

I really dont give a **** if Bush lied to me about Iraq.

MTV has become the ADD network, short attention spans rule that channel now I think, I remember when Thriller aired, to me , MTV was in its prime then..lol...Alot has changed and I am only 28. Gawd I feel old..........