Kindle Owners Lending Library

Does anybody know if the recently releaced Kindle Owners Lending Library will work with Kindle Apps ( iOS,Android,etc,etc ) or just the stand alone Kindle's? As it says devices, but not shure if the apps count as a device like they do in the kindle section when i go to transfer a book to the app

Wondering as might actually get a stand alone kindle for it, but wont if i dont have to

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000739811

Edit- stupid ipad putting n instead of a space ( user error )

It will only work on kindle hardware.

The whole thing is stupid anyway as you need to pay to be a plus member to "borrow" and you can only borrow one book a month.

Just get a ePub compatible reader instead and actually borrow ebooks at a library.

Once a month, bah, thought it was unlimited, just one at a time. Heck with that then, there are Free books that come out more often then that.

Depending on the books, paying for a Prime subscription could pay for itself. If a book sells for $7.99, that's just under $96 if you bought them all as opposed to paying for Prime and getting it in addition to their video library and free two day shipping. The problem I have is the lack of available books for this. Most of the books I plan to read over the next year aren't available for this. There's the library option, which now supports Kindles (if they're using OverDrive or something similar). Buying a Kindle just for this isn't worth it.

Depending on the books, paying for a Prime subscription could pay for itself. If a book sells for $7.99, that's just under $96 if you bought them all as opposed to paying for Prime and getting it in addition to their video library and free two day shipping. The problem I have is the lack of available books for this. Most of the books I plan to read over the next year aren't available for this. There's the library option, which now supports Kindles (if they're using OverDrive or something similar). Buying a Kindle just for this isn't worth it.

Their video library and free today shipping also happens to be US only. Meaning, over here paying for prime means you're ONLY paying to rent one book a month.