StarCraft w/ win2k

i'm having trouble playing games on battle.net with my starcraft... i used to do it alot before. it's been a few formats since, and a few tweaks, but nothing i'd expect to kill starcraft :ermm:

anyways, the thing is that it says that the games i try to join has too high latency. and according to battle.net support that happens to win2k due to a newer winsock version. not accepting data on a certain port :lick:

is there a workaround? the windows compatability tools won't work... i tried activating my firewall once, and i was able to join ONE game and it went back to "normal" (no joining)... i uninstalled the firewall, but still nothing. i'm out of ideas.

help?! :)

I think there is a utility that clears your battle.net cache or something, that helps a little. I stopped playing because of this bug, I'm surprised they havent fixed it yet

Actually on my 2k box Battle.net works perfectly, be it with Starcraft, Broodwar or Diablo 2.

I'm on a crappy 56k modem at home, maybe that's why I can't see any *particular* slowdown... :p

i'm on adsl... i've read something similar to what you've said too...

odd tho, i could split a friends dsl and play before, but i can't use my own to play (i was the splitter...). same box ;)