Xbox live accounts being hacked?

The only inconvenience that the PSN members faced was cancelling cards if they so wished. They then went on to offer fraud protection for a year on cards free of charge.

I am sure that one year of fraud protection provided lifelong coverage from ID theft.

Ok so its now been over 2 1/2 months since I was hacked.

guess what, still no ****ing refund!! phoned again yesterday, this time got to speak to a supervisor who couldnt tell me anything other than "oh it could be another week or even another 30days". i explained how im on minimum wage, havent got a penny to my name, and am having to make these phonecalls via my mobile phone as our landline is being fixed. 20minutes they kept me on the phone and holding.

still none the wiser to if i,ll ever get my money back, with what them having a time window of 50+ days now in which they should have payed me back. they also said they would phone me with updates. well ive not recieved a single piece of communication from them.

In other words no one can tell me why ive not been refunded, no one can tell me when im going to get it, and no one can tell me why this has taken the time it has. Im now in a position where i feel completely useless and unable to get my money back, when its right fully mine.

No one at MS has offered me any kind of compensation over this bull**** either and asides phoning up there ineffective support again theres nothing I can do but keep sitting here checking my Bank every day or so.

Im actually considering now selling my xbox and all its games n getting a PS3.

I'd highly advise calling ASAP to have them look into it. It could be months to get it taken care of. Also change your Xbox info ASAP.

Be currently deployed I don't have time to sit and wait for customer service. I already notified PayPal about the 3 charges. I was able to reset my Live password and changed it. The only thing I couldn't do is remove my paypal from xbox, wish I didn't have to keep my bank info on it.

Be currently deployed I don't have time to sit and wait for customer service. I already notified PayPal about the 3 charges. I was able to reset my Live password and changed it. The only thing I couldn't do is remove my paypal from xbox, wish I didn't have to keep my bank info on it.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/ManagePaymentOptions

Not sure if you can remove PayPal from there since I've never added it, but if you can it'll be there.

Ok so its now been over 2 1/2 months since I was hacked.

guess what, still no ****ing refund!! phoned again yesterday, this time got to speak to a supervisor who couldnt tell me anything other than "oh it could be another week or even another 30days". i explained how im on minimum wage, havent got a penny to my name, and am having to make these phonecalls via my mobile phone as our landline is being fixed. 20minutes they kept me on the phone and holding.

still none the wiser to if i,ll ever get my money back, with what them having a time window of 50+ days now in which they should have payed me back. they also said they would phone me with updates. well ive not recieved a single piece of communication from them.

In other words no one can tell me why ive not been refunded, no one can tell me when im going to get it, and no one can tell me why this has taken the time it has. Im now in a position where i feel completely useless and unable to get my money back, when its right fully mine.

No one at MS has offered me any kind of compensation over this bull**** either and asides phoning up there ineffective support again theres nothing I can do but keep sitting here checking my Bank every day or so.

Im actually considering now selling my xbox and all its games n getting a PS3.

http://consumerist.com/

This ****s getting real old. I haven't touched my Xbox other than to see if it's fixed in almost 2 months. Got an email on Saturday morning stating that my case has been forwarded to the fraud department. Shouldn't that have happened back in November???

Ok so now the 20th, still nothing in my account and still no phonecalls from MS/Live.

Since being hacked im now at about 100days and still nothing. Minus the investigation time from that and im still at 50-ish days. Yes 50days time in which to give a refund and nothing!! Im now highest priority ticket. Yet even with that its been 2 weeks and nothing......

NEVER EVER EVER getting anything xbox related after this, cancelled my Live sub and tbh they can go **** themselves with a rot iron sharpened pole!!!

Still nothing, so dont look like I,ll get a refund before Christmas, and at this rate before the New Year. 52 day period now theyve had to refund me. Plus the initial 60days for there investigation and BS.

Still nothing, so dont look like I,ll get a refund before Christmas, and at this rate before the New Year. 52 day period now theyve had to refund me. Plus the initial 60days for there investigation and BS.

Definitely less hassle than I went through :rolleyes:

If it's any morbid consolation, people are still getting hit by this even now - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451055&page=7

I called at the beginning of November about my account that was hacked on the 31st of Oct. It was investigated and found no charges were made which was of course wrong so I had to call back and have it reinvestigated. Got an email saying it was being investigated again and that's it.

So it's been 2 months and still hasn't been resolved. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Once I get the money back I'm calling them and telling them to close my account. It's amazing what Microsoft can get away with. If this was any other company there would be a firestorm on all the tech blogs.

All of you who got "hacked",

1. Did you try to file a claim with your bank/CC company? (This is an obvious first thing to do instead of waiting on Microsoft).

2. How strong was your password?

3. How strong was your Windows Live recovery question/answer?

Definitely less hassle than I went through :rolleyes: If it's any morbid consolation, people are still getting hit by this even now - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451055&page=7

A more useful link would be this http://www.giantbomb.com/news/a-qa-with-stephen-stepto-toulouse-on-xbox-live-security/3862/

Thanks everyone some stuff in there for me to try. I did contact my bank but they told me to contact MS. Either way im stuck in a loop and cant seem to get my damn money back.

MS = worst customer support and service ever. Disgusting that despite a refunded being issued they cant get it together to actually pay me, even after it being esaclated to there highest order.

Total and utter abuse of there customers.

Fyi as I said earlier all my passwords contain letters numbers and symbols and are atleast 8 characters in length. Not to mention the one used on my live account was unique to it :(

Got onto my bank again today, there now saying pending there own investigation (which should be complete by mid-day tomorrow) I,ll be refunded the amounts in question in full.

Much better than when I phoned last and was told they couldn`t chase up Microsoft on my behalf. Tho this is probably due to them now having a fraud phoneline instead of in branch.

If I was to sell of my consoles based on customer support, I would only have a Wii left. I keep my PS3 and 360 even though I have had deplorable customer support with both of them is because I want to play the games.

If I was to sell of my consoles based on customer support, I would only have a Wii left. I keep my PS3 and 360 even though I have had deplorable customer support with both of them is because I want to play the games.

I've actually had good experiences with Sony Support, at least for the PS3. PS2 is a different story lol. But they seem to be aiming to please me with this current generation.

I've actually had good experiences with Sony Support, at least for the PS3. PS2 is a different story lol. But they seem to be aiming to please me with this current generation.

I have always had horrible service and product quality with Sony, with their TV's, stereos and game systems. I stopped buying their products (other than the PS3). Same goes for MS. Nothing but problems with their OS, and other software that they have made. Keyboards and mice have been fine, but I bought their DSS80 surround system for PC (sucked and discontinued), bought their wireless router (sucked, and discontinued). Their launch console sucked.

Horrible products and service by both. I would never recommend either to anyone.

I have always had horrible service and product quality with Sony, with their TV's, stereos and game systems. I stopped buying their products (other than the PS3). Same goes for MS. Nothing but problems with their OS, and other software that they have made. Keyboards and mice have been fine, but I bought their DSS80 surround system for PC (sucked and discountinued), bought their wireless router (sucked, and discontinued). Their launch console sucked.

Horrible products and service by both. I would never recommend either to anyone.

Ya, MS products, while costing a good penny, always seemed to be made as cheaply and quickly as possible. I can't count how many dollars and MS mice I went through as a teenager while gaming. Their soldering techniques are just horrid.

Same with Sony in every department except the PS3. They have surprised me only with that product. I've had issues with billing, my name being banned, and other things, and everytime I've called them, they were polite and helped me. They always gave me a resolution I was actually happy with. But every other product of Sony I have had horrible support with as well lol.

By any chance did you play FIFA 12? it's not Microsoft who are to blame

I disagree.. since Microsoft is running Xbox as a closed proprietary system and they approve apps and games to it.. they are 100% responsible.

My account was jacked lastnight they took over 7000 MS points ONLY . i called Ms they are investigation i got and email about FIFA12 .. game that i have never played EVER i logged in to my 360 and it said my console was logged in to another box .. FAIL no chance it happened im the only one with the account info period .

so now its a waiting game ..

BTW they bought

premium gold pack

gold players premium

My account was jacked lastnight they took over 7000 MS points ONLY . i called Ms they are investigation i got and email about FIFA12 .. game that i have never played EVER i logged in to my 360 and it said my console was logged in to another box .. FAIL no chance it happened im the only one with the account info period .

so now its a waiting game ..

BTW they bought

premium gold pack

gold players premium

Yip FIFA 12 hack. Phone your Bank/CC company if theyve taken funds, and also contact MS. Tho if your experience is anything like mine, be prepared for aa very very very long wait.