The 2003 Neowin MLB Playoff Thread

I can remember many a posts ago when i tried to explain to many neowinians that derek lowe was overrated.  Nobody seemed to listen to me.  Derek Lowe walked a couple of people and got the L in game 1. 

Oaktown baby.

He's a great starter, but only a decent closer. That's the main problem. He's far from overrated.

A great starter. That is a joke. And yall think i know little about baseball. A great starter would have come in a got people out, plain and simple.

I can remember many a posts ago when i tried to explain to many neowinians that derek lowe was overrated.? Nobody seemed to listen to me.? Derek Lowe walked a couple of people and got the L in game 1.?

Oaktown baby.

He's a great starter, but only a decent closer. That's the main problem. He's far from overrated.

A great starter. That is a joke. And yall think i know little about baseball. A great starter would have come in a got people out, plain and simple.

The starter role and the closer role are VERY different. Course you'd know that if you knew anything about baseball. I'd be suprised if ANY starter came in for a couple innings at the end of the game and do well. The mindset it quite different.

I can remember many a posts ago when i tried to explain to many neowinians that derek lowe was overrated.? Nobody seemed to listen to me.? Derek Lowe walked a couple of people and got the L in game 1.?

Oaktown baby.

The starter role and the closer role are VERY different. Course you'd know that if you knew anything about baseball. I'd be suprised if ANY starter came in for a couple innings at the end of the game and do well. The mindset it quite different.

Seattle use to bring in Randy Johnson back in the day when they need him. Boston also used Pedro in situations like that.

ARRRGH!!!!! :angry: :angry: :argh: :argh: .. every single year!! the braves always have such great promise going into the postseason.. then they fail... this year its the offense.. we are said to have an overpowering offense.. then we get a grand total of 2 hits in a pivotal game? i dont care how good the pitcher is, some of our players swung at some absolutely horrible pitches.. we are now on the brink of elimination yet again and play tomorrow afternoon in chicago. hopefully they will be able to force a game 5 back in atlanta.. but with the way things are going, i wouldnt bet on it

Great game, though the outcome wasn't suprising. I was hoping they'd pitch Wood tomorrow night to end the series in Chicago, but it looks like they are going with Clement.

Now if SF can get their act together, the Yanks take care of MN, and Oakland beats the Sox...that would be my ideal playoffs.

maddux got out pitched. prior pitched an amazing game: topping out at 95 in the 9th inning is unheard of. his stamina is what won that game for the cubs.... tomarrow night should be a good game also, clement is pitching against ramirez.... maybe the braves might get 3 hits tomarrow :yes:

*go braves* :p

Edited by brianicoleman

tomarrow night should be a good game also, clement is pitching against ramirez

braves are starting ortiz tomorrow.. if we get through the first it should be ok hopefully

weee braves and sox both won.. maybe my world series prediction can still happen.. cant wait for game 5 tomorrow.. hopefully we will be able to hit kerry wood this 2nd time around

home run trot nixon, red sox win! what do you think about derek lowe now chico?

He had a good game, i'm not gonna make excuses like everyone else in this forum seems to do.

But the red sox won't move on. They don't have enough pitching. Like I said in my first post.

I'm pulling for the Cubs vs the Red Sox, but I don't think the Sox'll get past the A's. The Marlins could go pretty far now that they got rid of the Giants.

He had a good game, i'm not gonna make excuses like everyone else in this forum seems to do.

But the red sox won't move on. They don't have enough pitching. Like I said in my first post.

Well you'd know this if you had paid any attention to the Sox/A's games, but their pitching hasn't been the problem. It's their batting that has killed them.

The big 4...Nomar, Mueller, Ramirez, and Millar have gone a combined 11-52, ZERO RBI, and 27 runners left on base. That's a .211 Batting average. If you take out Nomar's stats, which are so-so, it gets worse...6-40, ZERO RBI, and 22 left on base, with a .150 batting average. That is terrible! Sorry, but Boston's pitching hasn't lost this series, it's Boston's big hitters that will cost them the series. With Boston's 7 runs per game average on offense, their pitchers have more then done their part.

weee braves and sox both won.. maybe my world series prediction can still happen.. cant wait for game 5 tomorrow.. hopefully we will be able to hit kerry wood this 2nd time around

Heh, we will have to see. You didnt do so well with him the first time around. However, your outburst of hitting yesterday has me somewhat worried. Also, when Sosa hit that ball and did his hop, didnt you almost **** your pants? I did lol.

Anyway, Im very happy for the Sox. They are my favorite AL team. A Cubs v. Sox World Series is still what I am hoping for, but right now we still have to get past Atlanta and the super-hot Florida Marlins.