VCD iso maker anyone?

can anyone suggest a good vcd iso maker that's compatable with XP? I don't need to re-encode anything, just something that will take the vcd mpeg file and make an iso for it to burn.

Why? I recently got myself dvd player that can play vcds :)

I think Easy CD Creator 5.x will do that, If memory serves me, otherwise you could always try one of the best sites for this type of information on the net, VCD Helper - Convert. It has a wealth of information...

With these guides you can convert(encode) almost any videoclip, AVI, DV, DVD, DivX, ASF, MOV (Quicktime), WMV or RM to VCD, SVCD, DVD, DivX, ASF or RM. If you get problems when converting read the guide and again and last ask on the forum.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by EmuZombie  

vcd not cd-rom,  as in video cd.  cds that some dvd players can play.  :p

I thought that a VCD was just a standard CD with MPG's on... I guess that means that it needs to add some info at the beginning of the CD to recognise it. I did read it correctly but was let down by my poor knowledge.

Oh well... we all have to learn stuff at some point.

-mortensenj

VCD's are quite a neat idea, I actually converted the two final episodes of Voyager - Endgame to a 2 CD set VCD format and I'm impressed with it so far (using the tools on VCDHelper.com).