This ****es me off!

Question

Take a peek at my site (www.shanerichards.com) in my sig, and then take a look at http://www.ilcalzolaio.com.

Grrrr... :angry:

I recently gave my site a very small facelift (changed some images and a few links), but it used to look even more similar to that other site. Why can't people just do things for themselves? I understand that stealing or copying happens all the time and it's hard to stop, but it just ticks me off sometimes.

I think this dude will get a little email soon.

Better mail a bunch of skin authors bout this site... It looks like one big rip. And I think the bottom bar of the StylesXP section is partly KoL's Studio28 design. Not to mention all the themes up for download, some modified... I wonder whether this person got permissions or not from the authors.

Better mail a bunch of skin authors bout this site... It looks like one big rip. And I think the bottom bar of the StylesXP section is partly KoL's Studio28 design. Not to mention all the themes up for download, some modified... I wonder whether this person got permissions or not from the authors.

Yup. It's makes me wanna .... :x

maybe it's just coindence... perhaps you guys have similar thoughts on web design. :D

hey maybe you two can be good friends! :)

seriously, email him and see what he says..

(me wondering if he's a neowinian as well... :shifty: )

at first I was like "wow...they are similar" but going through them I realised they really weren't...I wouldn't fret over it personally...I've had worse happen to me. (always label your name on wallpapers, ect. you post on the net)

at first I was like "wow...they are similar" but going through them I realised they really weren't...I wouldn't fret over it personally...I've had worse happen to me. (always label your name on wallpapers, ect. you post on the net)

Are you kidding me? All the graphics have been ripped from me. I have since changed the header, footer and links on my site a little, that is why they are different. But all the colours are the same, the fonts, the layout, the way the downloads are presented and even the header and footer images are a direct rip from my old design. So it shows that this site has been up for a little while. I only changed my site design around a couple of weeks ago. It has nothing to do with the wallpapers. And I always put my site on my wallpapers. If you know what you're doing though, it's not hard to remove text from wallpapers.

btw, this has happened to me before. The last time this happened, it was someone from neowin and they agreed to change the site.

Such a shame. It's one thing for someone to be influenced by a design; immitating it in style and layout, but it's a whole other thing when they blatantly rip your hard work like this.

www.pirated-sites.com ;)

maybe it's just coindence... perhaps you guys have similar thoughts on web design. :D

hey maybe you two can be good friends! :)

seriously, email him and see what he says..

(me wondering if he's a neowinian as well... :shifty: )

no way....

:no: :no: :no:

contact his host or ISP and alert them of the problem, they will make him change it and if not, they will drop him, they are always more understanding and mature about the situation than hte offender.