[UK] Any CrashPlan Users in UK?

Well, after the recent balls up that was Backify and their offering of 512GB of free online cloud storage I've decided to look elsewhere. I don't mind paying for a good online solution and I am thinking about CrashPlan. They offer unlimited online, offsite, and onsite backup for a reasonable fee. As the service is US-based I am wondering what it is like to use as a UK'er.

When I search CrashPlan in the UK I come across this which looks like some kind of reseller offering CrashPlan services but it just doesn't look as legit as the CrashPlan US site.

What you guys think and more importantly what do you think of CrashPlan as a service?

:D

I think that site you mentioned is just their enterprise solution with uk based servers. No UK based home crash plan.

I'm currently using their 30 day free trial and it works great. Backed up 60gb of data at between 1mbit - 2mbit varying upload. Took a week but I just left in running on my server so no biggy.

The other one to look at is backblaze but after trying both I much prefer the way crash plan allows you to select folders.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We run the site you mention, as we are a partner with Code42 in America that writes the CrashPlan software, we deal with them on a daily basis.

The version we use is a custom version of the enterprise edition of CrashPlan PROe and we host it here in the UK on our own servers. We can take business or home users if you need any help just ask.

Thanks.

Craig

CeeJay Software Limited

www.ceejay.net