VMware Fusion 4.1.1

What's new in VMware Fusion 4.1.1

• Corrects an omission from the Fusion 4.1.0 release that affects running Mac OS X in a virtual machine. (Removes the ability to use Leopard and Snow Leopard virtual machines.)

What's new in VMware Fusion 4.1

VMware Fusion 4.1 is a free upgrade for current users of VMware Fusion 4. It is recommended for all users. VMware Fusion 4.1 includes new features and improvements including:

• Smart Full Screen. Builds on Lion full screen to deliver a great experience no matter how many displays you have. New Lion full screen button and keyboard shortcut, and updated full screen menu.
  • Optionally start your favorite virtual machines when VMware Fusion starts.
  • Improved performance when starting virtual machines, resizing virtual machine windows and snappier animations.
  • Graphics performance and compatibility improvements for Internet Explorer 9 and SolidWorks 2012.
  • Support for FileVault 2 in Mac OS X 10.7.2 virtual machines.
  • Many additional minor improvements and bug fixes

Download: via the built-in updater or from the VMware Fusion website

Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for a point release before thinking about upgrading because I heard about way too many bugs with the initial release. Let's hope this is better.

Still no OpenGL support for OS X Lion and Linux hosts? :/

Thank God for finally implementing proper full-screen though (see pic). Gotta love the forcing power of the internet these days.

Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for a point release before thinking about upgrading because I heard about way too many bugs with the initial release. Let's hope this is better.

Yeah, I needed to get back to you on that. While I initially reported I experienced no stability issues with VMware Fusion 4.0.2, random crashes in Windows 7 started piling up over time. Really hoping they fixed that.

post-128385-0-11111900-1321797537.png

Ah, I see. Thanks, I hope so too. I don't have the time to upgrade just yet but if I am going to do it then I need to do it by year's end because the pricing promo ends at that time.

Also, I already was indirectly accomplishing my own version of "full-screen mode" in Fusion 3 by making the application run in full screen in its own dedicated space. This also allowed me to set up the space on the external monitor to be used by Fusion as well (using the option "use all displays in full screen"), so I had a two-monitor VM. I hope this is still possible with v4.

Update to 4.1.1 released:

• Corrects an omission from the Fusion 4.1.0 release that affects running Mac OS X in a virtual machine. (Removes the ability to use Leopard and Snow Leopard virtual machines.)

?

Update to 4.1.1 released:

?

Someone received a call from Apple I see.