NEW PHILADELPHIA ? There?ll be no ?Sex? in the county courthouse, or any other county building for that matter.

Tuscarawas County commissioners this week decided that two posters advertising the Little Theatre comedy ?No Sex Please, We?re British? had to be taken down after they received a complaint about the word ?sex? in the title.

?Somebody was offended by the title and didn?t think it was appropriate to be in a public building,? Commissioner Chris Abbuhl said Thursday.

Non-profit groups have historically been allowed to put up posters in the courthouse, including the Little Theatre, Abbuhl said.

?We always try to support things in the community,? he said. ?But if we have people complain about it, we review it. We decided to err on the side of caution, so we just agreed to remove the posters.?

Abbuhl said this is the only time he can recall that county officials have had an issue with one of the theater?s posters.

Lee Elliott, the play?s director, defended the advertisements.

?They?re not dirty posters,? she said. ?They?re just bright and shiny with a pair of women?s legs.?

more

Would that be considered ironic? To have a production about how uptight British people are about Sex, and then have the adverts taken down because of how uptight Brits are about the word Sex in public buildings... the two are correlated somehow... irony? I'm not sure.

Would that be considered ironic? To have a production about how uptight British people are about Sex, and then have the adverts taken down because of how uptight Brits are about the word Sex in public buildings... the two are correlated somehow... irony? I'm not sure.

It happened in America, not in the UK.

learn to read.

amish are big there, not suprised in the least.... I lived close to that area. stopped there to look at some model homes from a builder and there were other people there touring the homes and the people in that area creep me the hell out.

Not just Amish. I have relatives in a town North of there. New Philly evolved from a village named Schoenbrunn, which was founded by the Moravian Church. Either way religious folks, they are, and distributed throughout the US Midwest.

Rumspringa = a time in late adolescence when there is tolerance for Amish kids who break with tradition, or leave home, and generally experience the world and its vices before committing to the plain life. Non-tradition dress, driving cars, recreational drugs, sex....whatever. Some of them get pretty wild before settling down.

As a teenager I spent time visiting with Amish and Mennonite relatives, so encountering young ladies in the midst of rumspringa wasn't hard to do.

Rumspringa = a time in late adolescence when there is tolerance for Amish kids who break with tradition, or leave home, and generally experience the world and its vices before committing to the plain life. Non-tradition dress, driving cars, recreational drugs, sex....whatever. Some of them get pretty wild before settling down.
We know all about it.
As a teenager I spent time visiting with Amish and Mennonite relatives, so encountering young ladies in the midst of rumspringa wasn't hard to do.
So you are saying that you porked young Amish ladies gone wild? How crazy was it? Details FOR SCIENCE!

?Somebody was offended by the title and didn?t think it was appropriate to be in a public building,? Commissioner Chris Abbuhl said Thursday.

I am offended by the judge's nose being too big.

Does that mean he gets taken down? :p

This is the kind of nonsense that gives us here in America the image of being prudish. A handful of people complain about something, so things that the majority had no problem with get taken down. It seems that government is so scared of offending the minority these days that anything and everything that even a single person complains about (if they complain loud or often enough) gets restricted.