Need a DSLR bag

I am getting Canon T2i 18mm-55 very soon and looking for a carrying bag or a backpack for it. Was gonna get Canon T1i but only about $40 different for T2i.

what type/brand would anyone recommend?

Which would you prefer? Carrying bag or backpack? (I personally prefer backpack). What is your budget? What are you planning on carrying in the bag besides the camera? How much do you plan to expand your equipment in the future? Any special considerations?

Which would you prefer? Carrying bag or backpack? (I personally prefer backpack). What is your budget? What are you planning on carrying in the bag besides the camera? How much do you plan to expand your equipment in the future? Any special considerations?

i think i prefer backpack more. My budget for the bag is around $50 but pretty flexible.

I plan to expand more lens in the future but for now i would like a backpack that can carry my camera and some other stuff for travel and not heavy.

i think i prefer backpack more. My budget for the bag is around $50 but pretty flexible.

I plan to expand more lens in the future but for now i would like a backpack that can carry my camera and some other stuff for travel and not heavy.

CaseLogic makes some decent backpacks at that price. I had one as my main bag until I switched to a huge LowePro Trekker bag a few months ago. I still keep the CaseLogic bag around though.

For 50 dollars you will have hard time finding a good and flexible camera bag. Invest more into somehting that will last you a while. If you plan to get more glass later, consider a bag that can carry more than just 1 or 2 lenses.

ThinkTank - quality.

Crumpler - good looking quality camera bags at affordable price.

Well but something like a LowePro slingshot will always be useful even if you later on get a larger bag. Sometimes you just want to carry a few things.

LowePro tend to be the best you can get in most cases, but don't be afraid to try others. It all depends what you're looking for, since I also have a plain bag that looks less like a 'camera bag' than others.

I've actually been looking for a camera backpack that doesn't look like it's a camera bag. Dakine photo packs are closest to what I've come, but I need something smaller - one camera with medium-sized lens + one additional lens and some space for daily stuff.

Anyone?

^ Yeah and look like a geek :p

Crumpler are good, I have one of those and recommended my brother in law to get one too. They're expensive but worth a look.

Don't get something that screams "I HAVE AN EXPENSIVE CAMERA" - you're a target for robbers. Get a less well known bag to carry your gear.

thx guys.

got the canon t2i with free amazon basic backpack and memory card :)

now, I need a tripod. I heard Manfrotto is pretty good but they are expensive...

any other brands that are good and less expensive?

thx guys.

got the canon t2i with free amazon basic backpack and memory card :)

now, I need a tripod. I heard Manfrotto is pretty good but they are expensive...

any other brands that are good and less expensive?

What budget are you looking at? for starters you can get like one of the $25 one to start getting some practice, once you're over that then do go for a nice one.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to highjack this thread, I just didn't think it warrented a new topic to ask a similar thing.

I'm looking for am also bag that will allow me to carry a stock lense, some batterys, and a tri/monopod and obviously the DSLR, but at the same time allow me to have the option to carry a lunch box and my 13inch mac or ipad2.

Not too fussed on the price as long as it below ?100, Also it doesnt need to be a full backpack it could just be a small case that can house everything for my camera that I could just put inside another backpack.

Thanks Matt

I personally have a few bags (Since the amount of stuff I've had has expanded), my main bag now is the Slingshot 202 by LowePro, which is very comfortable and you can easily get your camera out of it.

I also have a Manfrotto Solo II since it doesn't look much like a camera bag, yet it fits my camera reasonably well, it's a bit short on support so I would be reluctant to recommend it.

Kata's bags are also very good.