Ubisoft Blames Piracy for Non-Release of PC Game

Retards.

They blame piracy on PC. What about piracy on consoles?

Yeah I know PC is ahead in these numbers but its still piracy (from their prespective).

I will not buy another game from Ubisoft again. Ever.

Be it Assassins Creed III or anything else.

They are following the exact same course of Rocksteady.

And I wouldn't be too surprised if Assassins Creed III will be out as console exclusive.

And I just found out today that Ghost Recon Future Soldiers isn't gonna be coming out on PC too. ****ing bitches

This again? How many times does Ubisoft have to blame their laziness and lack of talent on "Piracy", they're still making money, just because nobody wants to buy your terrible games, doesn't mean that it's all about piracy.

Retards.

Yeah I know PC is ahead in these numbers but its still piracy (from their prespective).

And I wouldn't be too surprised if Assassins Creed III will be out as console exclusive.

And I just found out today that Ghost Recon Future Soldiers isn't gonna be coming out on PC too. ****ing bitches

This is why I can't see them blaming piracy as a legitimate argument, for instance, the Wii is by far the easiest console to mod, and this opens the door to piracy.

Ubisoft's Wii Games

Also, look at the Nintendo DS, piracy is only a flashcart away.

Ubisoft's Nintendo DS Games

I don't believe for an instant that it's piracy, more like, no talent ass clowns being douche-bags.

• Like 1

Reason for UBISOFT to not release the game on pc, it already looks like a crappy game from 2007. And it will make it look like it's made in 2004 if the ever port it to pc. Don?t worry Ubi I?m supporting pc games even though I don?t play as much game on pc as before, I?m not playing or buying this game EVER.

It doesn't matter if the game is crap or not, what matters is your devotion to a certain platform. Look at DICE with their newest release.

Its not awful.

To me its different.

Um, no, that game looks awful, and I'm a person who enjoys Minecraft, there is a difference between intentional awful, and unintentional awful due to untalented programmers. The graphics look washed out, the hair looks like it's a single textured polygon with alpha transparencies duplicated, plastered, and bent over his head. His backpack looks like it has no physics behind it, just plastered to his back. The fog (intentional, or unintentional) is worse than I've seen in Super Mario 64. Seriously, we're not losing out by them not releasing this game on PC, mainly due to it being a shitastic port of a shitastic looking game.

Meh Ubisodt.

I've got Anno 2070 and to be honest the DRM is a pain, it seems quite a few anti virus software picking the game up as a virus because of the DRM, every day I have to restore the exe that's been cleaned.

The clowns who run these organisations just don't get it. As soon as you make something priced reasonably with a reasonable licence customers will buy the legal version. Office Home and Student edition has undermined piracy and cheap/free alternatives, Apple sells their operating system for $29.95 and instantly downloadable with Apple making a decent swag of money off it etc.

Though it has to be said, it is a bit rich of PC gamers to bitch about price (especially on a game with console release too) when most often, they are cheaper than the console equivalent. And probably if you chose to be a PC gamer, cost isn't really an issue anyway. As for things reasonably priced, as a whole, I sort of get the impression that a game normally cost no more than 60 USD, console or not. And really, bitching about the price and then pirating it basically gives developers more excuses anyway.

Having said that, the most stringent of DRM by developers will face the strongest of backlash. The better the game, the better the sales, the more people are willing to part cash. Ubisoft is often guilty of doing both of that, thus I really have little sympathy for them when they blame the lack of profit. But it is a two way thing, as much as PC gamers will deflect the blame to the other party, just as how Ubisoft blames piracy. Sometimes I feel PC gamers in general is as deluded as the claim developers are in the whole piracy battle.

Console versions also sell several times more than the PC versions, despite "piracy".

If I was at the helm at Ubisoft (or any other game publisher/developer) I wouldn't two <cuss> about PC gaming either, after seeing the number of people sharing-and-caring their games on various torrent sites.

This really annoys me! It all started with Assassins Creed 2.. I purchased that game and then my Internet dropped out during an intense fight and the game paused and wouldn't let me continue until I had internet again, It completely ruined my atmosphere. So annoying! Yet on the flipside people who purchased the game illegally were playing from start to finish just fine!

• Like 1

I have no problem with Ubisoft sticking in as much drm as they want as long as I can still play the game. I've never had a problem with their DRM in the past. I would gladly take DRM over no PC release. In this case, this game doesn't really interest me, so I wouldn't have bought it anyway, but I don't like the direction this is headed. It could mean good games in the future, like the Assassin Creed series, are no longer released on PC.

Yeah, but you represent a small part of their buyers who don't have issues.

I bought a legitimate copy of about 10 of their games.

I can't get HAWX 2 to load due to a dodgy launcher/DRM. I then find a work around buried 20 pages deep in their tech support page, only to have that launcher timer out and throw errors because my latency is too high.. In Australia :\

I paid a couple of hundred dollars for games I can't play. Worse then that, following me asking them what to do to fix it (not give me my money back) they said they wouldn't be able to offer support as it's my problem for living where I live.

I blame overproduction of crudware. Does Skyrim sell? Yes, it does. Does a whole load of... Oh never mind. No sane arguments will ever convince these clowns.

This is also true. To keep my HAWX 2 thing going: HAWX 2 was one of the WORST games I have every played. It was despicable. It had issues with the levels, visuals, sound, crashes and repeated DRM kick outs. The few times I managed to make it work, it took about 5 minutes to launch the game.

it's a complete disgrace.

Even if there is piracy, you'd still make more money releasing it than not.

I'd rather Ubisoft not release their DRM crap anyways. Minecraft doesnt have much DRm if any at all and it sells like crazy.

Minecraft has DRM. It's just neat and seamless. To the point you didn't even notice it :p That's what it should be.

Retards.

I jumped on this band wagon a long time ago. I literally never look at the ubisoft packs on Steam when they are on sale.

I pay for all my games now. I just don't think that following my move from piracy to legitimacy, I should have that bull**** thrust down my throat like an unwelcome penis :\

I said this in another thread and got called an internet tough guy, but I won't pay for the right to be called a pirate and then have my system get clogged up with stupid bull****. I will resort to piracy before this.

To tac on one more thing. People don't care about price, but they care about being ripped off. Australians regularly get an extra $20-50 "Australia charge" tacked on for games.. Even on steam where there are no increased distribution costs. That's why Australia has such a huge piracy rate for content :\

• Like 2

Good game, effortless DRM, good price, support, community etc. You should at least make your investment back and then some. For Ubisoft they obviously fail at the basics. Piracy is not an excuse for them, bad games, bad DRM, bad support, an example no inverted controls for more than one game, Splinter Cell recently got patched but after how long, a long time. Beyond Good and Evil even after an HD revamp, never seen the light of day. The reasons are clear to see but Ubisoft haven't got a clue, it's frankly embarrassing and more than a few need to look in the mirror and maybe fire themselves.

?We?ve heard loud and clear that PC gamers are bitching about there being no version for them,? Mettra told incgamers.

Way to pi** off your fans! (Y)

By calling them "bitchers" you truly unlocked the achievement there.

Meh, if it weren't for some reaaally good games I'd adore to see Ubisoft and their high nose attitude sink into oblivion (oh the irony!)

Glassed Silver:win

Clearly if we are to use Ubisoft logic here then as there are Console gamers that are racist, all Console gamers are racist; thus Consoles are actually recruiting tools for groups like the KKK.

Ergo, Ubisoft support racial discrimination and slavery. :rolleyes:

Considering Valve's financial success and consumer support (equals more financial success), you'd think when people like Gabe Newell shout from the rooftops about how Piracy is a service problem and how taking the right approach largely solves said problem; companies like Ubisoft would catch on quickfast.

I guess not only do they not care about the consumer, but they don't care about profit either. That or they're just momumentally retarded.

• Like 2

I have no problem with Ubisoft sticking in as much drm as they want as long as I can still play the game. I've never had a problem with their DRM in the past. I would gladly take DRM over no PC release.

Oh, you mean like that DRM that messes up your DVD drive by changing the region setting? You know, the one that can only be changed 5 times or whatever?

Clearly if we are to use Ubisoft logic here then as there are Console gamers that are racist, all Console gamers are racist; thus Consoles are actually recruiting tools for groups like the KKK.

Ergo, Ubisoft support racial discrimination and slavery. :rolleyes:

Considering Valve's financial success and consumer support (equals more financial success), you'd think when people like Gabe Newell shout from the rooftops about how Piracy is a service problem and how taking the right approach largely solves said problem; companies like Ubisoft would catch on quickfast.

I guess not only do they not care about the consumer, but they don't care about profit either. That or they're just momumentally retarded.

Noteworthy post, this should go directly to Ubisoft!

Glassed Silver:win

...and piracy isnt rampant on consoles too? O......K......

haha there is a lot of piracy on consoles but on the ps3 you would have to have close friends to be able to pirate and only 4 could sponge ..

yes you could move the file but you would need to edit the code and know the decryption keys to do so and so on.. PC its just copy and paste done :3

ubisoft can eat a d!ick, first all only game I ever bought from them was splinter cell and assassin creed yes I used word "bought " only game worth my money the rest of the games they made was crap and overwhelm with DRM. Ubisoft, don't let the door hit you on your way out a$$hole..

• Like 1

Lets face it, PC gaming need something to attract people to buy games. Right now there are quite a few good and cheap games on the pc people play and the more expensive games really need to be good. Minecraft, TF2, Portal, Skyrim and so on are the sort of games that are designed for the PC and their doing well last time I checked.

When you get games being released on the consoles and PC most people will prefer the consoles unless the game is better on the PC, that's why the PC gaming industry isn't as big as it use to be.

For console ports, try selling them for cheaper on the PC personally I think ?20-30 would be good considering most average console games are ?30-40 and the premium PC games like Skyrim the same price as the consoles.

Lets face it, PC gaming need something to attract people to buy games. Right now there are quite a few good and cheap games on the pc people play and the more expensive games really need to be good. Minecraft, TF2, Portal, Skyrim and so on are the sort of games that are designed for the PC and their doing well last time I checked.

When you get games being released on the consoles and PC most people will prefer the consoles unless the game is better on the PC, that's why the PC gaming industry isn't as big as it use to be.

For console ports, try selling them for cheaper on the PC personally I think ?20-30 would be good considering most average console games are ?30-40 and the premium PC games like Skyrim the same price as the consoles.

Actually, PC gaming is much bigger than it was in the past. Of course, it could be bigger but its growth was limited by console gaming. The main issues with PC gaming right now is quality and DRM. Here's an interesting interview with the CEO of CD Projekt (developers of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings): http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/29/interview-cd-projekts-ceo-on-witcher-2-piracy-why-drms-still-not-worth-it/

That's why I love Valve, Ubisoft games on the PC are atrocious and unplayable, there's nothing worse than buying a game only to have to pirate it just to play it, **** Ubisoft.

Haha, ain't that the truth!

The only reason is because it's not that great a game and it's already been released on consoled means that not many people will buy it. They know perfectly well that they would still make plenty if it was a great game. Not to mention the game was originally designed for PC meaning the port back would be almost effortless. I say who cares. I still hate them from when they released starforce and because it couldn't recognize my dvd drive every time i wanted to play i had to physically open my computer and unplug it from the mobo and use a crack. A statement like this from them is barely surprising and only goes to enforce their reputation as a ****ty company with retarded management.