:: New Computer :: Problem :: Need Help ::

ok i just got my new computer... specs will be at the bottom of the post but now for my problem..i believe it has an empty hard-drive however when i start the comp. up it says windows 98 and has the start up screen for it for like 5 seconds then goes to dos mode...anyways it then says some **** and ends up with c: and that's it...i was hoping it would boot automatically from my win xp cd but nothing happened....i tried typing win or boot...but nothing started up the computer or did anything...lastly i tried going d:setup.exe well it said it can't be run in msdos...anyways what should i do...i just need to install xp...clean install...so pleas help me out guys...so either how to get into win98 and install from there or how to boot from cd...cuz i can't right now...maybe it's disabled or something...anyways heres my specs below thanx in advance for your help guys....

AMD ATHLON XP 1600+

ASUS A7V/133 VIA ATX

768MB PC133 SDRAM

PLEXTOR CD-R/RW 16x 8x 40x

MAXTOR 60GN IDE ATA 100 7200 RPM

ASUS V7100 MX400 GEFORCE2 64MG /TV OUT

PANASONIC 3.5' (1.44MB)

SOUNDBLASTER DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 OEM

FAX MODEM 56K VOICE PCI

P4 MED. TOWER CASE w/300W POWERSUPPLY

LOGITECH INTERNET NAVIGATOR KEYBOARD

LOGITECH WHEEL MOUSE OPTICAL

go into bios setup and look for an option to change boot devices. set your primary as cd-rom. and ur hd is not empty, it has some low-level dos only win98 on it.

yeah it went to see the files on c: using dir...and it has like 20kbs on it of **** msdos and stuff...anyways how do i get to bios setup is it the DEL to get setup thing at the beginning...and how do i set my boot device from the setup....well reply plz thanx!

i got it to work...thanx for you help anyways even though i didn't need it...and don't say i am stupid not to figure out how to install it until now (took me half an hour) cuz i am only 13...anyways i went into the bios setup...changed the primary master to cdrom and then it booted...after it copied files over...i chnaged it back to automatic...and then it went into windows xp and finished the configuration...thanx anyways! bye!