A Car or the Latest Smart Phone / Tablet?

35 members have voted

1. 1. Car or Latest Smart Phone/Tablet?

• USA - Car
    • USA - Smart Phone/Tablet
    • UK - Car
    • UK - Smart Phone/Tablet
    • CAN / AUS - Car
    • CAN / AUS - Smart Phone/Tablet
    • REST OF WORLD - Car
    • REST OF WORLD - Smart Phone/Tablet

I'd rather have a car.

For one thing, I can actually get to REAL places and meet, uhh, REAL people with my car. Secondly, here in Canada, you can wait in the cold for those 20 minute per bus schedules, transfer 3 buses to go home and take 2 hours, while I jump in my car and go home in 15 minutes. I don't care if you can surf the interwebs while you're on the bus, I'll be at home on my desktop computer :p Thirdly, I'm not sure if you want to take the bus at 11pm when I'm leaving my friend's house on a random Thursday night meetup... and good luck getting anywhere on weekends on a nice cold winter morning.

Anyone who chooses a smartphone over a car must be smoking something pretty good... unfortunately, that's the case nowadays, and considering how many modern automakers are taking the fun out of driving (Soulless cars that are boring and crappy in every way), I can definitely see why. Oh well, it unclogs the road for me :)

(And yes, I do own a smartphone, but I have also have a car.)

• 1 month later...

Public transport here is (very) good, and the amount of money you spend on a car is HUGE, so I'll take the smartphone.

Germany, smartphone!

Why?

-public transport is stellar

-I don't have a license! :laugh:

Glassed Silver:ios

If you're asking whether id rather have a car or a smartphone/tablet, and I don't own any of them already, then I'd rather have a car.

If you're asking whether I'd rather upgrade my existing car to a new model, or my existing smartphone/tablet to a new model..I'd say probably the smartphone/tablet, but only because of price :p

I'm not sure it's possible to get a running car here for the price of a tablet. $500 can buy 4 new tires, but that doesn't help much. :rofl:

Regardless, a car is a necessity in this country. Unless you live in the big city, public transportation doesn't exist. Too much open space here.