Muslim medical students boycotting lectures on evolution

I am going to be anti-intellectual d**k here and say that you do not need understanding of abiogenesis to have a good grip on evolution.

Now you are just being silly, we all know that God has always been there, no need to create him :D

It's about as likely as a big Bang randomly happening and for Earth to randomly happen and then for that "spark" that hit the primordial ooze to kick start evolution randomly mutating till we have Homo Sapiens

You're still not listening.

His entire post was explaining to you why professionals in the medical field need to know about evolution and its effects, yet you don't even acknowledge a single thing he said, much less offer a rebuttal, and continue to repeat your flawed opinions as your main premise as though you can turn nonsense into fact if you chant it again and again enough times.

Okay. So who created the someone who created the first thing that evolved, then?

What came first the chicken or the egg?

AHA an easy one, the chicken ofcourse, otherwise there is nothing to lay the egg.

But hold on where did that chicken come from, from an egg, so the egg must have been first

AAARRRGGGG :wacko:

Do you have a straight answer for your question?

After all, this is one of the central tenets of your religion. It surely has a better explanation than just meaningless mumbo jumbo, right?

An overview of chicken or the egg, including scientific and theologian viewpoints: http://en.wikipedia....cken_or_the_egg

Quick summary of the science: it depends how you define a (modern) chicken. The first modern chicken would have come from the first modern chicken egg, meaning the egg came first, because it wasn't a 'modern' chicken that laid it (it was a kind of proto-modern chicken).

Anyway, this subject is somewhat off topic.

They are demonstrating that they will prioritize their personal beliefs over the needs of their future patients.

Exactly, anyone who does that doesn't deserve the responsibility of looking after others.

And I think they'll be aware of this fact and won't choose it because it contradicts their beliefs.

I don't see the problem here.

And they, in no way, should fail.

I know they are upset and all and aren't doing the right thing, at least in my opinion, but it doesn't mean they won't make good doctors

It's like studying to become an aeronautic engineer but refusing classes that deal with gravity as it contradicts your religious beliefs. Now, I don't know about you, but would you want to fly in an aircraft designed by that person?

It's like studying to become an aeronautic engineer but refusing classes that deal with gravity as it contradicts your religious beliefs. Now, I don't know about you, but would you want to fly in an aircraft designed by that person?

Medical isn't designed by any human.

And no, there is no connection whatsoever between the two.

You're right, there isn't a direct connection between the two of them.

However, why should someone get a degree when they haven't completed a required part of it?

I expect that they'll all get given their degree on religious grounds though!!!

Just seems like an attempt to get out of doing some work TBH.

Now you lost me. What do you mean by Medical isn't designed by any Human???

All he was saying is that you can't be an aeronautic engineer if you don't understand gravity, just like you can't be a doctor if you don't understand evolution theory

Makes sense to me

And what of surgery and development of medicine? Are they not designed / developed / performed by humans?

I think he needs to go see the EVOLUTION of Medicine exhibit at the Science Museum in London!!!

All fracking religions clash with evolution.... Except evolutionism!

The Muslim student should go run a halaal butchers or something more befitting with his/her beliefs.

I think they should take it, BUT, what does evolution have to do with healing a patient?

It has everything to do with it, how would you diagnose someone with a genetic disease?

Or how about the evolution of medicine and how treatments have changed?

And what of surgery and development of medicine? Are they not designed / developed / performed by humans?

I was reffering to the post made prior to me and in that sense, medicine isn't designed by humans.

No one is talking about developing and performing it. Only a blind man would say such a thing

However, why should someone get a degree when they haven't completed a required part of it?

I expect that they'll all get given their degree on religious grounds though!!!

Just seems like an attempt to get out of doing some work TBH.

I agree with you partially and disagree partially.

In my opinion, and as much as I hate to say it, they should at least take the lectures.

I don't think evolution has anything to do with their professional career.

True, that studying it would give you a better historical, in the eye of science, view and thats just it there' nothing more to it than just history

Now don't be stupid. No one can get a degree on religious basis. Infact, this religion tells you to explore this universe and the elements in it and what are its constituents e.t.c e.t.c

And I don't think they are just doing this to get out of work. No they aren't

Now you lost me. What do you mean by Medical isn't designed by any Human???

All he was saying is that you can't be an aeronautic engineer if you don't understand gravity, just like you can't be a doctor if you don't understand evolution theory

Makes sense to me

Doesn't to me.

I was reffering to the post made prior to me and in that sense, medicine isn't designed by humans.

"Medicine ISN'T designed by humans". Really?

True, that studying it would give you a better historical, in the eye of science, view and thats just it there' nothing more to it than just history

What do you mean, historical? Antibiotic resistance is a fact. How can you be a good doctor if you actively refute such basic things as antibiotic resistance appearing to be a result of the constant evolution of organisms, though as that conflicts with my beliefs I best ignore it.

I agree with you partially and disagree partially.

In my opinion, and as much as I hate to say it, they should at least take the lectures.

I don't think evolution has anything to do with their professional career.

Now don't be stupid. No one can get a degree on religious basis. Infact, this religion tells you to explore this universe and the elements in it and what are its constituents e.t.c e.t.c

And I don't think they are just doing this to get out of work. No they aren't

Evolution has everything to do with their professional careers. How about the evolution of medicine and medical practices and that is a BIG part of becoming a doctor. How would I know, because my sister is a qualified doctor and she had to study every part of medicine, yes, even the parts she disagreed with.

You wrote "Infact, this religion tells you to explore this universe and the elements in it and what are its constituents", if that's the case then why aren't they willing to explore evolution then?

You wrote "Infact, this religion tells you to explore this universe and the elements in it and what are its constituents", if that's the case then why aren't they willing to explore evolution then?

Have said this before, it might very well be the case. God might have let it happen Himself. We just don't have the info.

You can only explore to the point the book isn't contradicted of course ;)

Can someone, with medical history, please tell me weather or not Evolution has influence in the proffessional career?

Because if it is only for the history' sake, then it should be compulsory, at least for theists

Totally agree.

You can only explore to the point the book isn't contradicted of course ;)

Of course, but if they want to become doctors then they have to explore things they might not like.