Muslim medical students boycotting lectures on evolution

ya they might as well take out compulsory math courses for highschool and below, we have calculators for that. who the hell needs to learn long division, Pythagorean theorem, algebra, geometry etc... hey, we don't need to understand how it all works, there is someone else doing that.

I'm with you on this one. Why should anyone have to learn anything? Just trust your gut.

Ahahahhahaahahah

*deep breath*

*calms down*

Ahahahahaahahahaha

Why in the world did they sign up for medicine in the first place?

They should not be in Britain in the first place. Totally different religion beliefs... Why don't they come back to their own medical schools to learn the Koran and medical school?

I guess they'll have no understanding whatsoever about viruses and bacteria evolving to become immune to certain types of medicine.

Quite frankly the racist comments in this thread are almost as stupid as (if not more than) the apparent decisions of these Muslim medical students. I'd also question the integrity of an article from the Daily Mail on such a matter.

Having said that, fundamental scientific concepts are taught in the first year of medical schools for a reason. Additionally, personal beliefs shouldn't sacrifice the quality/level of care that a patient receives from a doctor.

You will most likely use that information later on in life. It's generic information. I know that if I hadn't done them at school, I'd be learning the right now.

Really... Explain to me when anyone will do long division for work?

Really... Explain to me when anyone will do long division for work?

I did some Pythagorus theorem work today - and I'm studying for my Private Pilot's License.

They should get special treatment. Just like I should get special treatment since my religion dictates that I must take other people's money without giving anything in return.

No class? No pass. I don't care what you believe. If the course content doesn't suit you, don't do the course.

Sick of these minority muslims thinking the world should bend over for them, here's an idea, **** off.

Doctors are people of science, science are not doctors.

Researchers and bioanalysts are the people behind the cures who really need to understand the evolution of microorganisms.

So you directly become a researcher without knowing basic prerequisites? You play ball with out knowing how to hold the bat?

The problem is these religious nut jobs are all so ****ed, because the world doesn't accept their views, but when we have our own views they won't accept it. It's a two way street. We have to put up with it all the time (ones who are not religious). If they have studied genealogy (??), they would know that human's DNA pretty much is 98% shared with almost every creature found on Earth. If Humans didn't evolve from apes, or whatever we evolved from. I guess dogs didn't evolve from wolves, butterflies didn't evolve from caterpillars, toads/frogs didn't evolve from tadpoles, etc.. I'm just saying, how can they deny the study from life and claim DNA is wrong, if it's been proven, yet Allah, God, Jesus Christ, etc. has yet to be proven? I guess, they believe that life doesn't exist on other planets and universes, when there is more stars in the heavens than there is grains of sand on Earth? Do they realise that humans were created by supernovas? We are simply composed of atoms, which Stars create inside of their core, and when they go into a Supernova the energy is then released outwards at insane speeds and hits other planets and whatnot. It's ignorant to say there is no life on other planets as it would be impossible to prove as there are too many stars in the sky to even count in the human brain. Let me invent my own "Bible" and contradict everything in the Koran and the Holy Bible. I guess, that will make it real too. Hell, almost every religion is just a knock off of the story of Gilgamesh. Which it's story was written more than 2,000 years before the Holy Bible was created.

IMHO, this world has gotten more stupid as more religious is spread everywhere. This world (Earth) would be a better place, if religious wasn't "invented".

I'm not really big on religion, but at college one of my lectures was about religion (i studies computer science but at a katholic college) and there was no way for me to skip this class if i wanted to pass. No for my studies, this class wasn't even necesary. I was not going to be a better or worse computer programmer by going or skipping this course.

In medicine on the other hand, evolution theory is pretty important to function as a knowlegable doctor.

So if they won't accept this theory how can they become propper doctors?

Speaking of code, where does code come from?Does the computer just know what to do ( evolve) or does someone have to be program the code ( create) ...humm think about it

Speaking of code, where does code come from?Does the computer just know what to do ( evolve) or does someone have to be program the code ( create) ...humm think about it

Was this an attempt to argue for creationism?

that is by far the worse comparison ever.

While true in it's core I personally believe the Old Testament of the Bible to be a collection of stories, prophecy and testimonials which over time were created to explain and teach the basics of the origin of the Jewish believe system and in the case of Genesis the origins of creation. I do believe God is at the beginning of everything but I also believe things did not happen overnight. Genesis 1 describes creation in days, but it does not say, nor imply that this is a day as we know it being a 24hour period.

Believing in God and supporting evolution do not exclude each other IMO. The mystery and wonder of creation goes hand in hand with Nature's ability to adapt and evolve as required.

Just my 2 cts..

P

• Like 2

So you directly become a researcher without knowing basic prerequisites? You play ball with out knowing how to hold the bat?

Abject nonsense - so you are taught how to eat and drink?

Dont contact a doctor next time.

So you go to the doctor for a simple cold. Glad that I don't waste my doctor's time.