aDIMU.jpg

Hard to believe Destructoid game this game a 5.0. Although it s also hard to believe it is a 10 from Games Radar.

^No surprise about destructoid. They gave it to that guy called Jim Sterling to review. Who, from the couple times i've bothered with destructoid, often likes to bash nintendo in various ways in the stuff he posts. Not going to get a legitimate review out of someone like that.

I was looking forward to it, but then I read about how the game is still pretty much luck-based. Aka, in 1st place the whole time and then get hit with 3 blue shells and then get 8th. I wish they'd let you choose which items you want to play with.

I can't wait for this game. It looks like it's everything the Wii version was with different tracks and powerups. 8 player multiplayer too!

Mario Kart has always been kind of luck based, but does require some skill. A bullet Bill only gets you so far and your lead will only last so long if you're terrible. I think it makes the game fun. One dumb mistake won't always cost you the race.

What happens if you are younger than 7 and enable 3D mode? does your head explode or you get addicted to drugs?

Yes I know the real reason, its just funny to see it written like that on the packaging

What happens if you are younger than 7 and enable 3D mode? does your head explode or you get addicted to drugs?

No duh. They start doing mushrooms ;)

Anyone with a 3DS want to exchange friend codes in preparation for the game. The Wi-Fi races will be brilliant!

If enough people around here are picking it up, someone could probably set up a neowin 'community' in game.

^ Just added you, dude.

3179-6241-9390 -- compl3x

I will be picking this game up soon. Either in a few hours, if i can be bothered going out, or tomorrow. Feel free to add me

^ Just added you, dude.

I will be picking this game up soon. Either in a few hours, if i can be bothered going out, or tomorrow. Feel free to add me

I might just have to wait till Christmas for this game if i go through my server/faction change in wow.

5069-3921-0404 though I am not sure when I will be getting the game. sooner is my tag on the 3ds.

^ Just added you, dude.

Just added you both,

4124-5331-0496 is mine. I should be getting MK7 soonish.

I dont know if this is actually supposed to happen, but it appears that all the miis of players you play online with in mk7 appear in the streetpass mii plaza. And you can't use them for find mii or puzzle swap, so all they seem to do is just take up space for no reason.

mk7miiflood.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The game is great, i got a 3DS over the holidays and picked up Mario Kart 7 shortly after. The game plays really well with good graphics. I haven't played Mario Kart since the SNES version so I'm still learning the maps and the drift feature as well as the other short cuts in the game.

I have added the above including the neowin community, my friend code is

1289-8679-7637

i'll have to post my code later - i have yet to play online races, only single player.

the drift feature in the game is frustrating - either that or i'm just not good at it yet. otherwise i'm loving the game. some of the maps are insane!