• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Downloading PLUS! now :)

Gmarthin    0

Can't wait to try this out, but I'm on an ISDN line so it'll be a while :) The download of PLUS! is 168.42 MB's. Has anyone installed this... If so can you share your experiences with it?

ElGato    0

164MB seems a bit light, I got the .ISO yesterday and that was 350MB. Installed OK not really tried to much of it yet, but its Plus! so just alot of fancy stuff you dont really need that MS can charge extra for.

Gmarthin    0

uh oh... that doesn't sound too good... The files I'm getting are compressed though... Hope it extracts to the size you mentioned when I'm done :)

mortensen    0

I have seen the ISO and it's 350mb. Often people put up junk just to annoy people...

Also, you are downloading it b4 it's released therefore it's warez, and therefore illegal. Please don't promote that you are getting warez. And seeing as how WinXP has not been released, unless you are a beta tester you R using THAT illegally. Try not to be so dumb posting here in the future.

-mortensenj

Gmarthin    0

I am running an officially obtained copy of RC1 through the previewprogram... send me a mail if you want to accuse me of something, and try not to be so "dumb" as to call other people dumb in the future. Calling people dumb without knowing anything, and I do mean anything about them is a very derogatory way of showing your perceptions... And I definately see what you think of yourself. Have a nice day mr. mortensen. I could have sent this to you directly, but since you were so eloquently towards me "publicly" I felt I had to respond the same way. The question I asked remains though, if anyone has this pack installed, I would like their views on it. Thank you.

Gmarthin

ElGato    0

Wow this mortensen guy, has really got a bug up his Ass about something. Most of his posts seem to be agressive and at best mis-leading.

Gmarthin    0

know what you mean, scanned through some of his posts after his sweet reply to mine :)

Steven P.    13,599

Mortensen is alright. he is also correct that you should not be promoting your warez downloads here. So I will be keeping an eye on your posts ok!

Gmarthin    0

That's quite ok NeoBond, but I don't think there's any reason to get uncivil about it. Will "proofread" my posts from now on so it doesn't happen again. Just hope someone will share their experiences with the PLUS! added functionalities.

ElGato    0

Point taken, but nobody suggested warez at all, it just seemd a little accusing thats all, and without all the facts.

my appologies if I have offended anyone, I didn't want ot get into a tiff about this so I'll be quiet now.

Sorry Neobond

stevember    138
Originally posted by ElGato

Wow this mortensen guy, has really got a bug up his Ass about something. Most of his posts seem to be agressive and at best mis-leading.

I agree with you. Fair enough if you want to make your point you don't have to be so blatantly rude with it. As he never heard of the saying "don't judge a book by its cover ".

mortensen    0

I said it was LIKELY that you were using WinXP illegally, and I was clearly wrong about that. It was a THEORY as MANY people have downloaded WinXP illegally.

R U a Plus! beta tester though? That was MY main complaint. And IF you are a XP Plus! beta tester then why did you get your WinXP through the preview program instead of the beta route, and why only RC1???

I will always appologise if I am wrong so if you are a beta tester [for XP Plus!] then will you please send me a screenshot of the download screen for WinXP Plus! ? If I am wrong I will appologise.

-mortensenj

Gmarthin    0

thought I'd cleared it up in my last post but ok... I'm not looking for an apology mortensen, rather that you as well as I moderate our language towards eachother. Can you agree with me on that? I hope so, let's just continue browsing these great pages here at NeoWin and just be civil towards each other. I Don't want anything else that that.

Gmarthin

mortensen    0

Sorry, I don't consider "dumb" to be rude... but I will try and be more friendly to you people [:) - I really thought I was quite friendly MOST of the time] and I'll try extra hard to make Neowin.net even friendlier to new users.

-mortensenj

Redmak    353

ahhhh peace at last. ;)

mortensen    0

lol - nice sig Redmak

-mortensenj

Dcrad    0

anyhow - Plus! is a PILE OF OLD SWEATY OVER USED PANTS anyhow, so i dont know why your aguring hehehe.

As for Neobonds comments, i agree, its hard to keep a web page up about MS stuff without them jumping on your every move, so I watch what i say cos i wouldnt want this site to go down like so many others ive seen go, this sites to good do go :o)

so Chill out people, and have fun :o)

Dcrad

Redmak    353

@mortensen

Yeah one of the many bushisms :)