Windows 8 news coverage here

EULA of this "leaked" iso is: Win7_RC.1_En_NRL.EVL_zh-CN

The content of that EULA doesn't fit too with leaked setup screens earlier.

So fake. ;)

So fake. ;)

Any confirmations yet? Any links to the Chinese site? (If that is legal I mean!) :o :o

Sorry, no link allowed here, anyway it's (most) probably fake.

So fake. ;)

The OP said it's a "repack" so I still give it 0.1% hope. :D

RC got some months to go :p

@FaikKee i have a question.

ive seen some shots and videos where the control panel only has the title text and no secondary text.

But at places there is also a secondary text.

Are these 2 different build options being tested or is there some option in control panel to enable disable the secondary text? Any info on this?

RC got some months to go :p

@FaikKee i have a question.

ive seen some shots and videos where the control panel only has the title text and no secondary text.

But at places there is also a secondary text.

Are these 2 different build options being tested or is there some option in control panel to enable disable the secondary text? Any info on this?

Yeah I noticed that too, but the sec text appears on WDP, guess things are changing build-to-build. We'll soon find it out.

btw, the "8250 download" thread has been removed, so back to the big wait. :/

Please - it's going to be amazing on more than just tablets.

From what I have seen, the majority of the hate on the Windows 8 UI is because of features added to the Start menu *since XP*; what really has me ROTFL is that the most hated flavor of Windows to date - specifically, Vista - is responsible for most of them.

How is it that someone that doesn't (and has never) owned a portable computer of any sort (namely me) has fewer issues seeing the Start menu get pruned than those that have multiple devices (from desktops to iPads and Android tablets)? What is the advantage of multiple devices with multiple UIs?

I knew someone would misinterpret that when I typed it. I think Windows 8 will be amazing on all devices but I'm most excited for it on a tablet.

Have they added anything to the boot screen besides the beta fish? I always wanted a fade in effect to happen where the lock screen fades into view as the OS loads instead of just poping up at the very end. I just think it'd be pretty good looking. On the flip side though if you're on a UEFI device with a ssd then the process isn't that long in the end.

Have they added anything to the boot screen besides the beta fish? I always wanted a fade in effect to happen where the lock screen fades into view as the OS loads instead of just poping up at the very end. I just think it'd be pretty good looking. On the flip side though if you're on a UEFI device with a ssd then the process isn't that long in the end.

Right now we can only see the usual animated white dots, hopefully somebody might put up a video.

why not havea blue background? a fish on a black background looks terrible.

But as i remember .. in the Windows 7 Beta days.. we had the Vista loader.. if im not mistakes. The logon animation came later.

Posted on another forum by a user part of the Microsoft team:

oooooooo exciting :-)

There will be something very awesome in the consumer preview that absolutely no one has seen or heard anything about. It'll be very visible, and it's not just a niche feature. Everyone will be very happy about it.

And then:

still hasn't leaked. Color me impressed!

Tom Warren has said the download will come 6 AM PT (9 AM EST) on the 29th. :D

Well I can count on next Wednesday afternoon and evening being completely unproductive. Usually done with class right when the download links go up and then will end up staring at the download meter until it's done, waiting in anticipation. FML.

Well I can count on next Wednesday afternoon and evening being completely unproductive. Usually done with class right when the download links go up and then will end up staring at the download meter until it's done, waiting in anticipation. FML.

Yup. My Wednesday is shot. Thank God I'm off school, I'll be up all day and all night downloading and installing it. I wonder what kind of speeds we'll get on it. :/

Yup. My Wednesday is shot. Thank God I'm off school, I'll be up all day and all night downloading and installing it. I wonder what kind of speeds we'll get on it. :/

:( i haz final exams in march :'(