Windows 8 news coverage here

so i got a question. If you download the ISO. transfer it to a USB. Take it to another computer. Burn it on a CD. Take it on another PC. And Seed it online. After seeding transfers to somebody else. Destroy that computer. Can they trace the TechNet user? :p

If they were ever able to trace the Technet account in the first place, what makes you think transferring it to 100 different machines would help ?

But no, the ISOs on Technet are not account identifiable afaik

transferring to different PCs is just to make sure the guy who leaks and his friend dont get caught by uploading the torrent :p

MS don't monitor peoples torrent connections to catch them, they will grab a leak that is online and identify the owner by its watermark / coding so it doesn't matter if you give it to a million people first, it will still be identified to the original owner

Which is why we don't have Windows 8 leaks anymore

MS don't monitor peoples torrent connections to catch them, they will grab a leak that is online and identify the owner by its watermark / coding so it doesn't matter if you give it to a million people first, it will still be identified to the original owner

There are not as many leaks as there were in 7 but they are out there. I can wait four more days. :)

There are not as many leaks as there were in 7 but they are out there. I can wait four more days. :)

I haven't looked myself, but people are always reporting that leak are fake and/or the DP.

Drama Queen, if the iso have same MD5 as others they cant track you. Then is safe to leak file.

Where was it posted that it would be on technet? Haven't seen anything about that.

it was a rumor that was floating around a few other forums I visit

seems it was just that though since the rumored date was yesterday

Drama Queen, if the iso have same MD5 as others they cant track you. Then is safe to leak file.

But they won't have the same MD5 as any others, that's how he stopped the leaks.

Each ISO being worked on was different to the next, so when one leaked, it was personally identifiable very easily.

Public ISOs like WDP and WCP won't be identifiable but the internal ones are.

Nowhere near as many as 7, I have a draw dedicated to Win 7 leak DVDs :D

I think there was like 4 Windows 8 leaks before people started getting sacked and it stopped

The leas stopped, afaik, after the DP went out. Really though, just wait a few more days, it's not months.

Nokia Exploring Pad Computer With Microsoft

BARCELONA ? It appears to be only a matter of time before Nokia andMicrosoft get into the pad computer business, joining Apple, Samsung and others in the hard-fought segment. Stephen Elop, the Nokia chief executive, said in an interview that the Finnish handset maker was looking closely at the possibility of producing a joint pad computer with Microsoft.

?We look very closely at what is coming out of Microsoft in terms of Windows 8,?? Mr. Elop said at the opening of the Mobile World Congress, the industry?s annual convention. ?We are very, very pleased with the consistency of the user experience that is coming from the Windows phone and moving up onto tablets and slates and PCs as Windows 8. So we look at those things and say, boy, if there?s a family opportunity there, that?s something we?ll look at very carefully.??

Nokia, before it entered its smartphone collaboration with Microsoft, produced an early tablet computer in 2009 called the Nokia Booklet 3G based on its inhouse Symbian operating system, which it is phasing out for Windows.

http://bits.blogs.ny...with-microsoft/

Inokia-booklet-3g.jpg

It was 2 years old. I expect Nokia Booklet 3G get redesign incoming.

Ok its hard to digest new icon everywhere , we are so used to those 4 colors that now it just seems like Aero Diamond or Windows Blue idk what all :p

so no suprise UI update which i was hoping i dont know why :(

nevermind.. gonna enjoy the metro side of it.

Let Raf dig into it some. If there's a new UI buried in the code somewhere he'll be the one to find it! It could just be hidden still, although I would think for a CP, Microsoft would turn it on by default. No use in throwing a last minute curve-ball.

yeah...

looks like no surprise :(

what if.. the UI is a locked UI THEME.. that automatically applies when you enter the Beta key???

i remember a beta key had to be entered for Windows 7. or im just imagining stuff :p

maybe that key will activate the new UI? so that these testers dont see it. And its like a deep secret. Nobody knows expect a rare few working on it. And its like a surprise for everybody. ???? :p o boy!!!