Windows 8 news coverage here

Am I the only one that thinks they should use the zune/metro style border for all windows and metrofry all the applications.

You might like looking at clindhartsen portfolio on deviantART, you might also be interested in this concept of a metro explorer.

6.2.8175.winmain.111217-1215

image_136.jpg

Google translate :

Last night, ie, December 29, 2011 it became known that the assembly of a candidate in the official beta version of Microsoft Windows 8 Beta was signing and signed (Sign-Off), and so the official beta version will be assembled: 6.2.8175.winmain.111217 -1215

So once December 12, 2011 we reported on the early stage of signing the Microsoft Windows 8 Beta: "the future beta build will be collected up to Christmas ie until December 24, 2011," that we see what happened December 17, 2011 .. .

It is a device (tablet and mobile phones) with this assembly 6.2.8175.winmain.111217-1215 will be holding a Sinovski Steve (Steven Sinofsky) and Steve Ballmer (Steven Ballmer) at Consumer Electronics Show CES 2012 that will take place from 10 to 13 in January 2012.

Microsoft's partners will receive this assembly at the end of January 2012.

Recall that on January 30, 2012 in the Microsoft internal conference is scheduled, ie, the global corporate seating which will debut a wide range of Microsoft employees and partners of the company official beta version of Microsoft Windows 8 beta: 6.2.8175.winmain.111217-1215

At this point, the assembly: 6.2.8175.winmain.111217-1215 is available for a very limited range of workers (engineers, development teams signatories) from Microsoft, each installation of the signed private key for that reason right now, "accidental release" will not, however, We are not sure that this does not happen on 12-14 January 2012

Be patient and wait for Bill Gates is working on it ...

6.2.8175.winmain.111217-1215

image_136.jpg

Google translate :

Last night, ie, December 29, 2011 it became known that the assembly of a candidate in the official beta version of Microsoft Windows 8 Beta was signing and signed (Sign-Off), and so the official beta version will be assembled: 6.2.8175.winmain.111217 -1215

So once December 12, 2011 we reported on the early stage of signing the Microsoft Windows 8 Beta: "the future beta build will be collected up to Christmas ie until December 24, 2011," that we see what happened December 17, 2011 .. .

It is a device (tablet and mobile phones) with this assembly 6.2.8175.winmain.111217-1215 will be holding a Sinovski Steve (Steven Sinofsky) and Steve Ballmer (Steven Ballmer) at Consumer Electronics Show CES 2012 that will take place from 10 to 13 in January 2012.

Microsoft's partners will receive this assembly at the end of January 2012.

Recall that on January 30, 2012 in the Microsoft internal conference is scheduled, ie, the global corporate seating which will debut a wide range of Microsoft employees and partners of the company official beta version of Microsoft Windows 8 beta: 6.2.8175.winmain.111217-1215

At this point, the assembly: 6.2.8175.winmain.111217-1215 is available for a very limited range of workers (engineers, development teams signatories) from Microsoft, each installation of the signed private key for that reason right now, "accidental release" will not, however, We are not sure that this does not happen on 12-14 January 2012

Be patient and wait for Bill Gates is working on it ...

What I made from that is no public beta?

According to canouna, build 8175 is quite buggy:

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/30295-News-Discussions-on-Windows-8-Beta-(Sources-WinUnleaked-amp-others)/page81?p=524101&viewfull=1#post524101

Some bugs...

1) Win+R, then type msconfig, go in startup tab, and click on "Open Task Manager" and you get a "Task Manager has stopped working"

2) In IE10, go on youtube, open 3 tabs with a video, get a BSOD.

3) Touch Keyboard is crazy, and if you do a fast typing, he crash.

4) Software issue: just launch cpuZ make crash your OS.

Need to continue?

I guess there is still quite of lot of coding/debugging before it reaches official public beta(build 8200,8300? who knows?). :/

Doesn't sound too good now does it :p.

I thought the beta sign off was public beta? Or am I getting confused?

Yeah, MS is really keeping the builds under lock and key this time around. Public beta is scheduled for sometime in February, so I guess they want to give their partners a first look at it before releasing the same build to the public, barring any major issues.

But damn you MS, why must you make me wait two more months? :pinch:

Doesn't sound too good now does it :p.

I thought the beta sign off was public beta? Or am I getting confused?

It's not the public beta, I am not sure about the "sign-off" meant by WZOR, according to a schedule reported by him earlier (page4,post#54); it marks the accomplishment of a important stage, where a build(8175) is picked from some choices as the candidate for the public beta.

According to a MS China employee, the sign-off of the public beta is expected around mid-Feb, and refering to the WZOR schedule, and also MS has officially announced that the beta release is in late-Feb., don't expect any official release until then.

Rumors were flying around that a leak of 8175 is expected soon, well, rumors are rumors, I am not expecting too much. :D

Yeah, MS is really keeping the builds under lock and key this time around. Public beta is scheduled for sometime in February, so I guess they want to give their partners a first look at it before releasing the same build to the public, barring any major issues.

But damn you MS, why must you make me wait two more months? :pinch:

A few days ago there were rumors that DellChina has the "beta escrow"...well, now it seems it could be the 8175. :rolleyes:

It sounds to me like 8175 isn't going to be the beta, not if it's going to be late in Feb, by then we'll probably be up into the 82xx builds I'd bet.

Seems the MS guys had taken a long holiday, from 8175 of Dec. 17 to 8176 of Jan. 3 :laugh:

image_140.jpg

btw, the build shown in the latest build windows 8 blog was 8165.fbl_fun_resp.111205-2000 - interesting system tray icons.

image_141.jpg

Just shows how old 8175 is, Pretty sure they're probably working on 818x builds by today.

Wonder what else is new?!?! They really didn't show us anything with 8175 at CES outside of being able to zoom out and in on the start screen using the mouse or the kb.

^ So we have two Start icons now? :huh:

when you use a touch screen monitor and touch at the right it will bring up the new "charm bar" people that like Windows 7 it will look and act pretty much the same so no worries there.

What is the build number for the upcoming public beta?

Don't know yet but if they're in the 818x builds now and we know the beta will come in late Feb I guess it's safe to say that 8200 could be the beta build.