Also, is there any reason for the total crap in game server browser. Who thought it was a good idea to not let you filterby server names, only server tags that no one uses...

+1 for sure. I was trying to find the server a neowin member is running and its damn near impossible to find.

My main problem is with the whole concept of buying guns in the first place as it's logically faulty.

If you're looking for realism, Counter-Strike probably isn't the game for you. :p

the fact the winners always get the upper hand is a side point.

To be fair, the difference between winning and losing the round is about $500, which is about 20% the cost of the FAMAS. And it's not a massive disadvantage for the losing team, it just means that most of the time the losing team might have to wait an extra round to grab the AWPs, which I actually find interesting because it forces different tactics, rather than just a boring sniper battle.

Also, is there any reason for the total crap in game server browser. Who thought it was a good idea to not let you filter by server names, only server tags that no one uses...

This, I agree with. It's been over 10 years now, and the steam server browser still sucks. Valve really need to get it together on that one. It still looks like the version from steam 5 years ago too. An in-game version of the BF3 server browser would be sweet.

• Like 1

I haven't played Counter-Strike really the past two days. Been really busy and also going into my work schedule. I'll probably make some time for it this Friday and Sunday. How is everything going on the PS3 and PC part? Xbox seems to getting better players or all the really bad ones have stopped playing.

As I stated before (I think), my biggest concern is on the console versions, will the population stay high or will it die down because of big name games coming out in a few months? I know that Counter-Strike: CZ that came out on the Xbox was a very popular came on the Xbox Live Top 10 list back before the Xbox 360 came and even after until those servers got shut down. I hope it remains the same as this game, for me personally, is meant to be played on the Xbox.

In other terms, I've moved to playing more Casual gameplay and not so much Arms Race. I've been playing with friends and I've noticed people are dropping in and out like flies so that scares me. Also, if your team is winning or looks like a stacked team everyone is waiting for you to choose CT or T to join you. That's a bit annoying. Still holding about a 2.5 K/D in Casual and a good 1.7 K/D in Arms Race, I believe. :)

I have not checked out any GO on the PS3 in well over a week, so I fired it up tonight, and needless to say, I sucked. But what was truly, truly stupid was how people on both teams were trying to kick people because they were not good enough for them. It was not just one guy either, it was multiple people. If players were not the Top 2 on either team, the idiots in the Top 2 spots were trying to get them kicked because obviously those other players were not L33t enough to be playing with them.

Really so incredibly annoying, and it made me remember why I more often than not hate MP gaming on the consoles.

I have not checked out any GO on the PS3 in well over a week, so I fired it up tonight, and needless to say, I sucked. But what was truly, truly stupid was how people on both teams were trying to kick people because they were not good enough for them. It was not just one guy either, it was multiple people. If players were not the Top 2 on either team, the idiots in the Top 2 spots were trying to get them kicked because obviously those other players were not L33t enough to be playing with them.

Really so incredibly annoying, and it made me remember why I more often than not hate MP gaming on the consoles.

This has been going on the Xbox as well.

I also noticed that I'm starting to become host of matches? Actually, on my Xbox I never get made into the host of the match. However, my friend on my old Elite Xbox gets made host almost all the time. Something is funky.

This has been going on the Xbox as well.

I also noticed that I'm starting to become host of matches? Actually, on my Xbox I never get made into the host of the match. However, my friend on my old Elite Xbox gets made host almost all the time. Something is funky.

I figured as much that it would be the same on Live, and it really is unfortunate. Luckily since it was the same 2 guys nominating to kick people, no one actually got kicked in these matches, but the other few times I saw it, people were getting kicked, for no good reason. I am all for making it more like the PC experience, which kicking players originates from, but with that said, that is also part of a community that definitely seems to have a bit more maturity overall.

Oh well, hopefully it was just the matches I happened to be in and it is not an ongoing issue.

Sorry, but kicking for not being awesome happens all the time on the pc unless you're on a noob server.

Did valve not integrate he Xbox live and PSN skill meters thingies for the matchmaking in their games ?

Sorry, but kicking for not being awesome happens all the time on the pc unless you're on a noob server.

I have never once been kicked or seen anybody kicked out of a server for "not being awesome" on CS, CS:S, or CS:GO.

• Like 1

1.5 > 1.6

1.5 > CS:Source

1.5 > CS:GO

:p

But other than Won shutting down their servers, I have to admit next in kin would be 1.6 then Source

Did valve not integrate he Xbox live and PSN skill meters thingies for the matchmaking in their games ?

I haven't seen that on the PC :s

Honestly the voting system (for the PC at least) works pretty well. My only annoyance is that people constantly try to change the map to de_dust(2) whenever the map rotates to something that's not dust, but then that's been true of every CS.

Noob servers? Really? Sounds like douchebag servers to me.

The only time I saw people being kicked on the PC was if they were AFK or team killing on purpose. That is literally it. I never once saw someone get kicked because they were a noob or could not hang. Not on 1.6 or Source. So yeah, sounds like you just hang on some servers with idiots.

No, I play on the noob friendly servers since they are friendlier and nicer, at least as long as I don't get booted for being to good

Guess you didn't read my post, since you pretty much turned it upside down.

?u?op ?p?sdn ?? p?u?n? ??n? ?????d no? ??u?s '?sod ?? p??? ?,up?p no? ss?nb

poob o? bu??q ?o? p??ooq ??b ?,uop ? s? buo? s? ?s??? ?? '????u pu? ????pu???? ??? ???? ??u?s s?????s ??pu???? qoou ??? uo ???d ? 'ou

:p

LOL. Bored?

Yes a bit, last hours of work :p

But I enjoy this game. Like it more on pc than ps3, but its still a good fps for the consoles. I love the keyboard/mouse support on ps3. But only had an hour to play it :(

• Like 1

No, I play on the noob friendly servers since they are friendlier and nicer, at least as long as I don't get booted for being to good

Guess you didn't read my post, since you pretty much turned it upside down.

Actually I interpreted your post about the only way I believe I could, and quite frankly I am still not sure what you are even trying to say? And honestly despite what your point may be, I stand by my opinion that it is a stupid, immature thing to kick people based on their "skill level" as determined by someone else. I believe it comes down to the simple fact of who gives any one the right to determine if someone else should be kicked off of the server because they do not live up to that persons "standards." I do not even see how that can be a discussion if that is somehow an okay thing to do. And as I said, the only reasons I have ever seen people kicked on the PC were valid, so I am not saying the option to kick people from the server is not one that should be there, but I am saying people who use it for this reason are pretty much idiots as far as I can tell.

I brought my server down because GameServers customer support is ****ing atrocious. Excuse the language, but that is the best way I knew to put it.

I met a pretty cool guy though on the GamerServers forums. He got me in touch with the owner of http://eoreality.net/ and the guy gave me a great deal on a server. And best of all, they are going to set it up for me exactly how I want it, which is huge for me cause I hated editing my server. Other than adding maps, I won't have to do much else.

I love meeting nice people like this on the net.

Anyway, my new server will be round based gungame, with knife fight, and custom sounds, music, and map. I will post it here and in my signature once everything is up and running, and hope to see you guys there.

(Knife fight is probably my favorite mod. Basically it is gungame, but if you die, you are dead for the round, the last two people standing on each team can opt-in for a knife fight, which beacons you, plays awesome music that I will set, and you go at it with knives. :p)

Also, custom gun rotation.

Actually I interpreted your post about the only way I believe I could, and quite frankly I am still not sure what you are even trying to say? And honestly despite what your point may be, I stand by my opinion that it is a stupid, immature thing to kick people based on their "skill level" as determined by someone else. I believe it comes down to the simple fact of who gives any one the right to determine if someone else should be kicked off of the server because they do not live up to that persons "standards." I do not even see how that can be a discussion if that is somehow an okay thing to do. And as I said, the only reasons I have ever seen people kicked on the PC were valid, so I am not saying the option to kick people from the server is not one that should be there, but I am saying people who use it for this reason are pretty much idiots as far as I can tell.

Yes I agree that kicking players who aren't good enough by some invisible standard is stupid. BUT that doesn't change the fact I see it happen ever time I play the game, except when I'm on a noob friendly server, which I've only really found one of thanks to the **** server browser, it tends to generally be much friendlier atmosphere to.

Yes I agree that kicking players who aren't good enough by some invisible standard is stupid. BUT that doesn't change the fact I see it happen ever time I play the game, except when I'm on a noob friendly server, which I've only really found one of thanks to the **** server browser, it tends to generally be much friendlier atmosphere to.

O_o From what I can tell. From all these posts. Console version of the game is terrible.... This is why PC gaming is better, sorry to say, less dick *******s. But that is how it seems to be. Mature audience>PC Gaming. Lesser Mature Audience/Mostly Kids>Console Gaming. That is how it is, and that is why I stay away from it.

Also, Hawkman, I don't mean to judge, but you, among your posts, fall into the immature gaming audience. I'm not trying to be rude, but you fall into the crowd most mature adults don't want to play with.

So I see you have no concept of who I am, but I can certainly assure you I am not one of those. It's also why I generally always seek out mature server when I play games, in MMO's that means the RP servers, in CS:GO it's a lot harder especially with the crap server browser, but the newbie servers are fairly mature, and in general by newbie friendly they actually seem to translate to "Non elitist, friendly mature players", not newbie, which is why I play there. and unlike other server when newbie players do drop in, they don't get yelled at for being bad or kicked, they're left alone or told how to improve.

As for maturity, PC and console is pretty much neck and neck. it's just that on PC, unlike Xbox, every 14 year old brat don't have a mic so he can only yell at himself and bash in his own keyboard.

So I see you have no concept of who I am, but I can certainly assure you I am not one of those. It's also why I generally always seek out mature server when I play games, in MMO's that means the RP servers, in CS:GO it's a lot harder especially with the crap server browser, but the newbie servers are fairly mature, and in general by newbie friendly they actually seem to translate to "Non elitist, friendly mature players", not newbie, which is why I play there. and unlike other server when newbie players do drop in, they don't get yelled at for being bad or kicked, they're left alone or told how to improve.

As for maturity, PC and console is pretty much neck and neck. it's just that on PC, unlike Xbox, every 14 year old brat don't have a mic so he can only yell at himself and bash in his own keyboard.

I completely don't understand the problem here, I can count easily on one hand how many times ive been kicked, so far none. Just choose a server with low ping and play! Think you are reading waaay too much into this "problem".