Popular Android apps $0.10 in Android Market

Is Advanced task killer and perfect app lock pro coming to this promotion sale? Anyone?

I don't think anyone knows which apps are coming except Google. Most likely though it will be any app that has been the editors choice.

I don't think anyone knows which apps are coming except Google. Most likely though it will be any app that has been the editors choice.

Thanks and yeah i know that but there was news yesterday that adlauncher is coming at a discount soon....

http://androidcommun...count-20111206/

so just was wondering if there were any news about the above mentioned apps..

picked up beautiful widgets today... not thrilled about the lack of widgets available... although plenty of ugly skins...

I was disappointed that the Mobile data toggle didnt work.... i bought it just for that...

Can you verify if it works for you?

An app won't show up if it's author has made it so in the manifest (tricks like version, screen size, manual exclusion).

Your "droid you were looking for" probably supports everything anyway, don't worry :p

As for apps actually working or not: everything has at least an equal probability to crash and burn regardless of being supported until it doesn't. Hard way? (Read this in the Emperor's voice) It is unavoidable. It is your destiny.

Haha, thanks for the advice. SwiftKeyX was the only one that didn't work right, and that's because the tablet and phone versions are two separate apps (makes sense--had to optimise the look of it differently for the different sizes) and of course, the phone version is the one that was so cheap. Tablet one is $4.99. Ah well, only ten cents wasted, was worth the try. I've dropped more change than that at a time and not bothered picking it up. :laugh:

I was disappointed that the Mobile data toggle didnt work.... i bought it just for that...

Can you verify if it works for you?

I just checked it... big warning message that it will not work on a CDMA device which i believe mine is because I am using a Droid Bionic. I didnt even try to disable as it gave a warning about renaming the access point which I think is kind of sketchy.

Haha, thanks for the advice. SwiftKeyX was the only one that didn't work right, and that's because the tablet and phone versions are two separate apps (makes sense--had to optimise the look of it differently for the different sizes) and of course, the phone version is the one that was so cheap. Tablet one is $4.99. Ah well, only ten cents wasted, was worth the try. I've dropped more change than that at a time and not bothered picking it up. :laugh:

In case you run in a similar situation with a full-priced app - Market provides a 15 minute refund window.

Open Market, find the app in question and there should be Refund button that will uninstall the app and give back your monies.

In case you run in a similar situation with a full-priced app - Market provides a 15 minute refund window.

Open Market, find the app in question and there should be Refund button that will uninstall the app and give back your monies.

Ah, well, I didn't even get a chance to try it within 15 minutes, I was downloading them here to use on my device later. No worries, just ten cents :)

Ah, well, I didn't even get a chance to try it within 15 minutes, I was downloading them here to use on my device later. No worries, just ten cents :)

Yeah, it's not really an issue with a 10c/p app, but 15 minutes is annoyingly short. I grabbed Reckless Racer, but it took a couple of hours to download the 'additional content' the game requires to actually run. Initial attempts just timed out probably because the authors servers were overloaded because the game was popular. If the game didn't work or I didn't like it, there is no way I would have had the chance to retract and get my money back.

Yeah, it's not really an issue with a 10c/p app, but 15 minutes is annoyingly short. I grabbed Reckless Racer, but it took a couple of hours to download the 'additional content' the game requires to actually run. Initial attempts just timed out probably because the authors servers were overloaded because the game was popular. If the game didn't work or I didn't like it, there is no way I would have had the chance to retract and get my money back.

True. I kind of see why they do it, though. Maybe in a situation like that, if it were a more expensive app and you had a good reason (like the incompatibility with the device in my case, and no clear mention of that made in the description I read before buying it), you could plead your case.

I don't have time to post a nice list to each one of them with links here like the other posters had, but here's today's apps that have been found so far:

http://www.reddit.co...apps_for_dec_8/

awwww yeah, Tetris!

Well, that's another 50p spent. :)

Can't have Tetris, neither my HTC Desire or HP Touchpad are apparently compatible. Plus looking at recent reviews it seems that EA don't exactly play fair when it comes to reinstalling.

Well, that's another 50p spent. :)

Can't have Tetris, neither my HTC Desire or HP Touchpad are apparently compatible. Plus looking at recent reviews it seems that EA don't exactly play fair when it comes to reinstalling.

You bought 5 apps??? i didnt find anything useful today except AWD.. Most were games and i dont do a lot of games on my phone...

I play loads of games on my phone and tablet, so it was easy to buy them for 10p each.

I have Cyanogenmod on both my devices so not sure if there is any point in ADW Launcher EX, is there any real difference between the normal one and the EX one?

It's almost 11am EST and the page still has not refreshed with today's apps on my phone or computer. What in the world Google!?

I have a tablet too, so I got a couple of the games as well as the ADW and the live wallpaper. I don't typically like live wallpapers, but I do like sky scenes, and the reviews seem to indicate this one is minimalistic, changes with the day and night (which is cool) without being too busy or process-intensive. Gonna play with it soon, but so far, VERY pretty :)

I just got adw two days ago :/ crap

the rest of the apps are crap, they should reduce the price of some productivity software, something useful.

adw ex launcher jumps up to 12p when purchasing :(

Foreign tax most likely, some apps do add a couple of pence on when attempting to buy.