This version will focus on minor fixes and improvements from the recent 3.0 release, and also includes the ability to easily drag and drop contents onto Apple (via iTunes), Android (directly) and PS3 and XBOX (via USB) for file types that are within the target formats, and a free built-in Player. We've also worked hard to improve performance over 3.0 in almost everything.

Release highlights:

• New: Devices node allows you to add a target device such as an Apple
  • device, and then drag in-format content to that device. The devices node
  • is hideable.
  • New: Free built-in player
  • New: BEP33 (DHT scrape)
  • Change: Disk I/O optimization
  • Fix: Shutdown Hangs
  • Change: Opening >10 torrent folders now asks you "are you sure?" to avoid opening hundreds of windows
  • Fix: downloads now show up in the RSS feed view
  • Change: Speed tab is now shown by default
  • Fix: DHT responses would sometimes be invalid
  • More efficient format for saving resume data will reduce CPU/disk contention
  • UI optimizations make torrent pane update drastically faster for
  • updating many torrents

For users who'd like to remove the Plus information pane, you can hide it by right clicking on the button and selecting "Hide Plus Information." The devices pane can be removed the same way.

Source and full change log: ?Torrent forum

Download: ?Torrent 3.1 stable (build 26591)

Screenshot of the default UI. No, I am not impressed by the 'Upgrade to ?Torrent Plus' banner that's on by default.

Torrent%203.1.png

Screenshot of the default UI. No, I am not impressed by the 'Upgrade to ?Torrent Plus' banner that's on by default.

Turn sidebar off then, or hide it as explained above.

(26593) is latest anyway ;)

Turn sidebar off then.

Not the point. The banner shouldn't be in the default configuration to begin with.

Still on 2.0.4, the UI got worse with every version since then.

2.0.4 is not vulnerable to the DLL Hijacking Exploit, so I see no reason to upgrade to be honest as that version does everything i need.

0ofqo3q4w3puxq6byjaq.jpg

DLL Hijacking Exploit

No such thing exists in Windows, that is dll loading is correct intentional behavior.

Just upgraded from 2.2.1 to this new version. Works really well. I like the small UI changes. And yes, the sidebar is the first thing I turn off when I install uTorrent.

Build 26595 is out. Quick bug-fix release.

I must say that this new version has a LOWER protocol overhead than 2.2.1 (judging by the max download speed). It is about 40KB/s faster than the old version.

When I tried it, it opens all the way up. Ut 2.2.1 opened to the tray.

Under Options->General, you have the "Start Minimized" option.