Report: Samsung to unveil Galaxy S III in February

Stratosphere doesn't count?

It's a Samsung Android phone with a keyboard. Not a variant.

A variant has a slightly different form and it differs slightly from the norm. This is a completely different phone, with a completely different design.

As an example, Dell Venue Pro has a variant, and it is Dell Venue. One has a keyboard, one does not. But other than that, the external and internal design is almost the same.

dell-venue-pro.jpgdell-venue-ofic.jpg

• Like 1

post-401476-0-81283100-1325036488.jpg

My face when reading.

I haven't a web cam were I am at the moment... on vacation but it was similar to yours... :)

I don't know if the cpu is the only problem here.

The screen and antenna draw a lot of juice from the battery. A 4.65" screen can't be that battery-friendly.

And, depending on your location, if signal is bad, the phone trying to keep a good 3G/4G connection will ruin your battery life.

I agree but people automatically seem to think more cores = less battery life

But the Tegra 3 is meant to be more power efficient then the tegra 2, again I have yet to see any real world statistics, which could offset battery consumption

Why everyone assuming it's gonna be Tegra 3?? Samsung have always used their own chipset in the Galaxy S line and it's highly unlikely this will change. If there is evidence it's a Tegra 3 device I'll stand corrected though, till then I'm assuming it'll run on a custom Samsung chipset.

Why everyone assuming it's gonna be Tegra 3?? Samsung have always used their own chipset in the Galaxy S line and it's highly unlikely this will change. If there is evidence it's a Tegra 3 device I'll stand corrected though, till then I'm assuming it'll run on a custom Samsung chipset.

http://pocketnow.com/android/samsung-galaxy-s2-gt-i9103-with-tegra-2-at-fcc

http://www.talkandroid.com/31802-tegra-2-chips-will-power-some-galaxy-s2-devices/

Some of the GSII's used Tegra 2 instead of Sammy's own chips, that's why some people are probably assuming Tergra 3. I personally think that Sammy will use their own chip again however.

• 2 months later...

Galaxy has been a great series, but ffs samsung, stop releasing so many revisions of your devices.

Agreed! i only got my S2 last year, the day it was released in the UK, i aint even had it a year yet and now the S3 is coming....although it is an awesome phone i cannot fault it at all!