New mini-site design, what da ya think?

Question

14 answers to this question

Very nice. I actually right clicked to see if it was flash!

If you're going for a business card effect, perhaps an improvement could be to use a flip effect (flipping the business card over) when viewing details? Not that I'm saying you should change it, but perhaps something worth considering :)

BTW your screenies aren't showing.

I like it, metro-ish :D

Nice use of jquery, I would only make the contact links like facebook etc more clear at 1 line instead of 2, it made me confused at first since 'usr' is also a file location on linux system and made me thought you were pointing to a server location...

Overall it's nice but could use some minor improvement ^^

If you're going for a business card effect, perhaps an improvement could be to use a flip effect (flipping the business card over) when viewing details? Not that I'm saying you should change it, but perhaps something worth considering :)

hmm interesting idea. i just assumed that wasn't possible but a quick googling says it's do-able. i'll try it out and see how it looks.

Nice use of jquery, I would only make the contact links like facebook etc more clear at 1 line instead of 2, it made me confused at first since 'usr' is also a file location on linux system and made me thought you were pointing to a server location...

it's actually all CSS :p for the contact thing do you mean to have the label on the same line as the information?

hmm interesting idea. i just assumed that wasn't possible but a quick googling says it's do-able. i'll try it out and see how it looks.

it's actually all CSS :p for the contact thing do you mean to have the label on the same line as the information?

Using css3 transitions is nice but it doesn't work quite good under older browsers like IE6/7/8/9, so I suggest using jQuery animations though, they aren't that hard to make ;)

And with 1 line I mean: you write facebook and put /usr under it instead of next to it :p

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Using css3 transitions is nice but it doesn't work quite good under older browsers like IE6/7/8/9, so I suggest using jQuery animations though, they aren't that hard to make ;)

And with 1 line I mean: you write facebook and put /usr under it instead of next to it :p

yea, i'm always conflicted between backward compat and making it work the best in modern browsers. I figured that since it's being served as xhtml the ones that can't understand CSS3 aren't going to be able to load the page anyways :p

I'll try a couple of other things for the contact info column. it does look a little squeezed right now... then again it might be ok when i replace it with an actual username.

Not bad. If you are going for a metro style look, then don't forget to cut at least part of your title off.

haha XD it actually does cut off if you re-size the width small enough :p because i can't figure out how to make it look good with a line break at that size. Not intentionally trying to go for a metro look, but it's hard not to mimick that clean look

yea, sorry, i switched hosts, it's live now on the root domain. didn't think anyone still looked at this thread so i didn't bump it to correct it :p

why do you write about yourself in third person?

because apparently it sounds better, so i tried it out, and it seems just a bit more professional than "I", so i stuck with it. It seems weird to me either way...