Neowin Digital Gallery - Yearly Edition 2012

Here's the latest, these were taken in the wild, I was a bit nervous as the Sow could have been lurking in the woods:

7246230008_6da36cae2a_c.jpg

7246230392_7960d02ff2_c.jpg

Awesome!

awesome how the grass is lite up by the cars.. :)

the perspective looks funky! in a good way.

whats that like 12mm or something?

Thanks! I light the way everything lit up. And it's actually the 18-55.

wow its the 18-55? I guess the tilt in the last photo with that vignette just amplifies the effect :)

Yeah, I wanted a different lens but I can make the 18-55 work well. I love how the tilt looks. Thanks!

All the pictures from last night are with the 18-55

Dane, were those taken on 222 near Ephrata? Nice pictures.

Yep, they were taken on Miley Rd overpass. It's a great spot, only one car passed me. it's a small road.

Thanks!

Just got a new camera + lens (A65, Sony/Carl-Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* 16-80/3.5-4.5), will shoot something new this week :)

Finally buying my first camera tomorrow, Canon 550D with stock 18-55 lens and Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM Lens :D

Finally buying my first camera tomorrow, Canon 550D with stock 18-55 lens and Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM Lens :D

That's quite a contrast in lenses... haha

That's quite a contrast in lenses... haha

There wasn't much difference between 550D body without and with 18-55 lens price. So i grabbed it, plus, i mostly need a telephoto lens, because im going to do lots of portrait shots, i liked the 50mm lens too, but it was kinda out of my budget. b/w Which lens do you recommend for indoor shoots?

Dane, were those taken on 222 near Ephrata? Nice pictures.

Yep, they were taken on Miley Rd overpass. It's a great spot, only one car passed me. it's a small road.

Thanks!

Wait, where? Haha. I live in Ephrata and have no clue where that is. Do you guys know of any good scenic spots around here? I've been wanting to just explore and find something neat...

There wasn't much difference between 550D body without and with 18-55 lens price. So i grabbed it, plus, i mostly need a telephoto lens, because im going to do lots of portrait shots, i liked the 50mm lens too, but it was kinda out of my budget. b/w Which lens do you recommend for indoor shoots?

You can afford a 70-200 f/4L but you can't afford a 100$ 50mm lens? That's a 600$ (?) L lens o.O I'm guessing you're referring to the 50mm f/1.2L, which I'm pretty sure you don't need it. At 100$, the 50mm f/1.8 is Canon's cheapest lens out there, and it's great for portraits.

The 50mm f/1.8 would also work indoors but on a crop body, I'd get something wider, like a 35mm.

Wait, where? Haha. I live in Ephrata and have no clue where that is. Do you guys know of any good scenic spots around here? I've been wanting to just explore and find something neat...

My pictures were taken at the miley rd over pass. I used to go to speedwell but they drained it. Nothing too exciting around here to take pictures of haha.

You can afford a 70-200 f/4L but you can't afford a 100$ 50mm lens? That's a 600$ (?) L lens o.O I'm guessing you're referring to the 50mm f/1.2L, which I'm pretty sure you don't need it. At 100$, the 50mm f/1.8 is Canon's cheapest lens out there, and it's great for portraits.

The 50mm f/1.8 would also work indoors but on a crop body, I'd get something wider, like a 35mm.

Well, im getting the camera and lenses on installments, and if i get the 50mm lens, i wont be able to pay the money, im already working day night to pay the money for camera and the lenses i mentioned above. But after clearing up EMI, i will buy 50mm for sure :)

I like to go down to the Susquehanna. Tons of interesting things along the river.