Any.DO

Silencer

I am pretty new in the mobile app field as I only recently got myself the Samsung Galaxy S2. Nonetheless, I was hungry enough to try out the thousands of apps on the Android Marketplace. One of the first few apps which I downloaded happened to be a task management or To-Do list app called Any.DO, which I so desperately need.

Simply said, Any.DO, allows you to add tasks that you wish to accomplish by a specific day or time. One can easily add a task by typing it in the field or by using Android?s speech recognition software.

Furthermore, you can easily synchronize your tasks with your Google or Gmail account which is beneficial for those who work on both a computer and on their mobile devices. To add on, if you?re into white or if your phone has a white exterior you can match it up with the white theme available for the app. However, I still prefer the sleek black theme.

Screenshot-1-343x550.jpg

The only drawback so far with this version, or maybe I have yet to discover it, there isn?t an option to automatically synchronize it with your Google/Gmail account every hour or so. So I hope the team behind Any.DO will cater to my feature request.

The review of the Any.DO app can be found here

BetaAddict

Tried it a while back and found it to have a very sleek WP7 Metro-like feel to it and the black theme really shows how black the SGS2 screen can go, which is impressive. Lack of syncing function or deskop/webapp function kind of limits it's usefulness for now, but it is a very well designed to-do list for people who have a ton of little things to keep track of everyday. For the rest of us, something like Evernote has a broad enough feature set to suffice.

• Like 1
Silencer

Tried it a while back and found it to have a very sleek WP7 Metro-like feel to it and the black theme really shows how black the SGS2 screen can go, which is impressive. Lack of syncing function or deskop/webapp function kind of limits it's usefulness for now, but it is a very well designed to-do list for people who have a ton of little things to keep track of everyday. For the rest of us, something like Evernote has a broad enough feature set to suffice.

Yeah, I am pretty disappointed with the auto synchronization of the app. One has to manually to do it from time to time. I'll have to give Evernote a shot pretty soon! I guess I'll put it down on my "To-Do" list ;)

Sir Topham Hatt

Can't remember if I bought this free from Amazon's app of the day but seemed nice.

Shame I don't really have a use for it though :/

rancid-lemon

Doesn't do exchange tasks :s . I do have it installed though, purely for the pretty missed call popup that it has.

Can anyone tell me how I can get a widget to display my exchange tasks?!

Doesn't seem to be possible using the built in exchange connection (not using any app like touchdown to connect).

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rich Woods
      Google rolls out minor update for Android 12 developer preview
      by Rich Woods

Just like it did last year, and almost to the day, Google is releasing a minor update for its Android 12 developer preview, calling it developer preview 1.1. And just like last time, it's packed with fixes instead of features, but if you're running the Android 12 preview, you're probably going to want to install it.

Here's the full list of fixes:

As for what's coming in Android 12 on the front-facing end of things, there's not a whole lot right now. Notifications are changing, and they're going to get faster, and there are some subtle visual changes in apps like Settings. What's more interesting is the stuff that's hidden, such as a conversation widget, wallpaper-based theming, and more.

If you're already on the Android 12 developer preview, you're going to get this update as an OTA. If not, you can check out our guide to get started.

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Samsung Galaxy A32 is now available to purchase in India for ₹21,999
      by Jay Bonggolto

The launch of the Galaxy A12 in India last month marked the arrival of the first Galaxy A handset in the country this year, packing a MediaTek Helio P35 SoC, a 6.5-inch HD+ Infinity-V display, and more. Today, Samsung India announced the launch of another device from that lineup.

Samsung introduced today the Galaxy A32 in India following the global debut of its 5G version earlier this year. The device is powered by an octa-core Mediatek Helio G80 SoC paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It also sports a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate that should make your gaming experience smooth.

The front camera is a 20MP sensor housed in a waterdrop notch, while its quad-camera setup on the back comprises a 64MP main sensor, 8MP ultra-wide shooter, 5MP macro sensor, and a 5MP depth sensor. Other camera features include hyperlapse, night mode, slow-mo, panorama and pro mode.

Inside, the phone has a 5,000mAh battery that Samsung claims can keep it running for up to 20 hours of video, 93 hours of music playback, and 19 hours of internet usage. The battery also supports 15W adaptive fast charging. It runs One UI 3.1 based on Android 11.

If you're wary about your privacy, the Galaxy A32 features AltZLife that allows you to double-pressing the power button in order to swap between normal and private mode. This feature also recommends storing your private content in the secure folder right on your device.

You can purchase the handset in India via Samsung's online storefront, other online stores, and retail shops in India from today for ₹21,999 (~$302) in four color variants: Awesome Black, Awesome White, Awesome Blue, and Awesome Violet.

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Twitter brings its Clubhouse rival Spaces to Android in beta
      by Jay Bonggolto

Clubhouse disrupted the social media space after some of the most renowned names in technology like Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Tesla's Elon Musk were featured in interviews on the audio chat platform. The service's rise to fame prompted Twitter to launch an experimental voice-based chat room called Spaces in December, although it was only available on iOS.

Today, Twitter announced that it's expanding Spaces to Android devices. The audio chat feature is available in beta on Android starting today with some limitations. Unlike its iOS version where you can both host and join Spaces, the Android beta test allows you to only participate and talk in any voice chat room. There's no mention, however, of when you will be able to create Spaces, with Twitter only saying this capability is coming soon.

Twitter isn't the only social media platform that's invested in audio group chats. Last month, Facebook was reported to be building an early version of its own Clubhouse rival, although details of its rumored service were scarce.

This isn't the first time that the micro-blogging site made forays into voice-based features. In June of last year, the company started testing a feature on iOS that would allow you to make a voice recording and attach it to your tweet.

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft Outlook is getting a new calendar look
      by Rich Woods

Today, Microsoft announced some new features coming to Outlook at its spring Ignite conference. For Outlook on the web, you're going to get what's called Outlook calendar board. It's more of a free-form view of your calendar, rather than the grid view that you're used to.

It's going to be more customizable, so you have more control over how you see your calendars, files, and more. Under the views dropdown, you can try it out by selecting "Board". It's available now on Outlook on the web.

The other new feature is suggested times, which is coming to iOS and Android. The feature is all about suggesting times for you to organize your meetings. It uses what Microsoft calls AI to figure out what time you're available, and what time attendees are available to give you the best available slot. It will give the best suggestion for everyone involved, even if it's not perfect for everyone.

You can learn more about the Board view for Outlook on the web here, and it's out now. Suggested times is going to be rolling out for mobile users this month.

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft job listing hints at 5G and a better camera in the next Surface Duo
      by Rich Woods

Microsoft first announced the Surface Duo in October 2019, showing a video where something in a bag rang, and immediately the crowd knew that the long-awaited Surface phone had arrived. While it was planned to launch in the holiday 2020 season, it arrived over the summer, but it definitely had some shortcomings.

It included a Snapdragon 855 chipset, which was last-gen even then. However, it's entirely possible that the reason was because a Snapdragon 865 would require 5G and reworked antennas. The camera also wasn't impressive, packing a low-end 11MP f/2.0 sensor, and being that the device itself is so thin, there's only so much z-depth that the camera can possibly offer.

According to a job listing that was spotted by Windows Latest, both 5G and a better camera should be coming in the next model. OF course, none of this is surprising, as the new Snapdragon 888 comes with an integrated 5G modem and a separate 5G modem is a requirement for the Snapdragon 865, 865+, and 870. The job listing calls for someone with experience with 3GPP standards and 5G radio technologies.

And then there are the camera improvements, where apparently, Microsoft will be using machine learning and artificial intelligence for better image processing. While this will certainly help with a camera that's mediocre even in broad daylight settings, there's only so much that image processing can do to overcome the barriers set by entry-level hardware.

Other than that, there's not much to say. Again, this stuff isn't surprising, but it's nice to see that Microsoft is working on solving the weaker points of the Surface Duo's hardware.