If Nokia had gone with Android?

213 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a Nokia Android Phone?

• Yes, I would buy a Nokia Android Phone
    • No, I would NOT buy a Nokia Android Phone
    • I hate Nokia, I dont care about the OS
    • I love Nokia, I dont care about the OS
    • I like WP7/Nokia.

No. They would have gotten lost in Android's mess, and succumed to being "just another phone" in an ever increasing market.

People recognise the Nokia brand as reliable sturdy phone.

And people don't associate Android as reliable.

There is a message here somewhere, but its late and I need some sleep. :|

People recognise the Nokia brand as reliable sturdy phone.

And people don't associate Android as reliable.

There is a message here somewhere, but its late and I need some sleep. :|

People now recognize Nokia brand as dying brand.

And people now associate Android as exponential growing platform.

There is a message here somewhere too, :|

• Like 3

There are are too many android device makers..... they would have no chance. Look at Sony-Erikson they are well below the top tier Android cell phone makers.

Depends on what you mean by "well below." They produce the only Android devices which support WebGL, way before AOSP will. Likewise, they invest heavily into modifying Android to make it do what they want it to do, compared just to porting AOSP to their phone and releasing it. IMO, Sony Ericsson is one of the best Android makers out there in terms of quality.

• Like 1

Depends on what you mean by "well below." They produce the only Android devices which support WebGL, way before AOSP will. Likewise, they invest heavily into modifying Android to make it do what they want it to do, compared just to porting AOSP to their phone and releasing it. IMO, Sony Ericsson is one of the best Android makers out there in terms of quality.

He probably meant well below in terms of sales, not quality.

Do you think that Nokia would have had better sales with Android?

Would you buy an Android Nokia phone? or would you rather stick with WP7/Nokia?

People now recognize Nokia brand as dying brand.

And people now associate Android as exponential growing platform.

There is a message here somewhere too, :|

Why ask questions when you act like you already know?

• Like 2

Why ask questions when you act like you already know?

The answer i know is my opinion. I want to know others opinion. Is that really hard to understand?

The answer i know is my opinion. I want to know others opinion. Is that really hard to understand?

You don't state it like an opinion. If you had an opinion, then you should have stated your opinion upfront in your first post instead of waiting for others to tell you theirs. It just looks like all you want to do is argue with others about their opinions because you have your mind set on Android anyway.

"Is that really hard to understand?"

This thread is nothing but troll thread starting from a troll OP by another troll. (Sounded like Tropic Thunder :D)

You don't state it like an opinion. If you had an opinion, then you should have stated your opinion upfront in your first post instead of waiting for others to tell you theirs. It just looks like all you want to do is argue with others because you have your mind set on Android anyway.

"Is that really hard to understand?"

This thread is nothing but troll thread starting from a troll OP by another troll. (Sounded like Tropic Thunder :D)

I stated my opinion by voting on the poll. we should remove most of the poll in Neowin then if everyone feel like the way u feel...

I made this thread to see what people feel about Nokia with Android.... If you feel that way keep it with u... I will see what others have to say.

I see someone is butt hurt..

Don't take this the wrong way, but from what you've written, you don't seem to thrilled with other's opinion.

Truth be told, Android phones have a reputation for being... well, in poor quality, and all of my friend who own Android's have had multiple phones. More times than not, something is always broken on them, and they almost never hold up in the long run. Then you get into the mess that is the OS itself... Again, Android feels cheaply made and is definitely poorly maintained. It's a literal race to the bottom of the barrel with it.

Quite frankly, Nokia was right not to go with Android. Nokia isn't a bottom-of-the-barrel OEM. Had they gone with Android, the ship would have sunk for good. Now they have a nice OS to work with, and with their hardware, have a chance to become a real third place contender in the smartphone market.

Don't take this the wrong way, but from what you've written, you don't seem to thrilled with other's opinion.

Truth be told, Android phones have a reputation for being... well, in poor quality, and all of my friend who own Android's have had multiple phones. More times than not, something is always broken on them. Then you get into the mess that is the OS itself... It's a literal race to the bottom of the barrel with it. Quite frankly, Nokia was right not to go with Android.

Question to you! was my statement wrong? No it wasnt... at the same time the statement I replied to was also true... I was just pointing out the fact about both sided....

If anyone take that as argument its not my fault... I was trying to make a healthy conversation but now it seems like a debate...

Again, I am not here to argue....

I don't know why is Nokia known to be reliable. My friends and sister's nokia slider phone's screen keep spoilt in the past while my Sony Ericsson W850i works fine.

No it wouldn't.

Look at HTC and what they've became. I mean, literally, no innovative designs in the recent history? ALL are the same, except for the internals, of course.

Nokia couldn't have done better

• Like 3

They'd do way better with Android, and anyone saying else wise is kidding themselves.

Sony-Ericsson's phones do bad because they have awful skin on top of Android that is slow and has problems, but the hardware is actually good.

Samsung is doing very well with Android, and I think Nokia could be doing the same very easily. If they had better software (IE: more default Android, less touchwiz) they could very well even do better than Samsung.

• Like 2

No it wouldn't.

Look at HTC and what they've became. I mean, literally, no innovative designs in the recent history? ALL are the same, except for the internals, of course.

Nokia couldn't have done better

You mean become a VERY successful company? Earning billions? Hmmm yeah they are skating on thin ice with thier phones. Looks like no one wants them..