Final Fantasy XIII-2 Demo Coming To The PSN And Xbox LIVE

hFcmn.jpg

Update: Square Enix has officially announced that a demo is indeed comimg. It will be available on both the PSN and Xbox LIVE.

The Xbox LIVE version is out worldwide from January 11th, while the PSN version is out January 10th in North America and January 11th in Europe. Awesome!

Final Fantasy demos are pretty rare but according to the latest podcast from the PlayStation Blog, one could be coming soon for Final Fantasy XIII-2.

This is from the North American PlayStation Blog and according to them, we should see a demo for the game from January 10th. No other information was provided about the demo. If it is true, let?s hope the demo is out for PAL gamers too and that it?s available for free not just for PlayStation Plus subscribers only?

One has to think how long the demo might be and what sort of gameplay we might get to see in the demo.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is scheduled for release January 31st in North America and February 3rd in Europe for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/01/06/final-fantasy-xiii-2-demo-coming-to-the-psn/

Already pre-ordered the big limited edition. I'm one of the few who enjoyed FFXIII and judging by the reviews and opinions on the game, they've fixed a lot and finally bought back side quests and hub worlds!

I might give the demo a miss just because it will just be a tease and drive me mad for a few weeks till i actually get the game.

Cool! I didn't get 13 because loads of people said it was a bit tedious and I kinda had a feeling I would be rubbish at it.

But as there's a demo I'll definitely give it a go.

Looking forward to try out the demo and see if it's worth picking up day 1 for me since I got other games that I'm planning to preorder soon.

Ordered the Crystal Edition, comes with the full soundtrack, a limited t-shirt, artbook and if I'm lucky a metal hardcover. So hyped since I loved FFXIII, and XIII-2 has a much more open world, more things to do and digs deeper into the mythology. I really hope XIII-2 has the same off the chart production values like XIII did, but based on the early good reviews it seems likely.

Wow, just did some of the demo. Complete garbage.

Honestly, I agree, sadly. :(

XIII was so terrible, and they made a sequel to it, of all of them.

The demo has just reassured my disinterest. In my opinion, Final Fantasy has just been on a downward spiral, and that makes me truly sad, as it was my favorite game franchise for the longest time. :/

Honestly, I agree, sadly. :(

The demo has just reassured my disinterest. In my opinion, Final Fantasy has just been on a downward spiral, and that makes me truly sad, as it was my favorite game franchise for the longest time. :/

not to mention the fact that they are not Final Fantasy anymore they are Final Sci Fi

not to mention the fact that they are not Final Fantasy anymore they are Final Sci Fi

7 and 8 were Sci Fi and regarded as some of the best in the series.

Honestly, I enjoyed FF13 despite some of it's problems. The main problem people mention is the linearity. Who ****ing cares? It's a goddamn RPG and a Japanese one at that. What do you expect?

From the demo, it seems FF13-2 has fixed pretty much everything wrong with FF13. The battle system has been tweaked and you can now switch characters during battle. The Monster Rancher feature is actually really cool and will give the battle system more depth. The Crystarium has been improved. The game is almost as non-linear as they come for Japanese RPGs and gives the player a whole lot of freedom via the time portals and alternate dialogue.

The only things I see as problems right now are some of the cheesy lines and the iffy soundtrack.

For all those bitching, it would help if you actually stated why instead of "it's garbage".

13 was fine, more or less. If you want to see a FF game that fits the "so terrible" description you should play 12. Then you'd know terrible.