'I don't have a job, read between the lines' - Man says to cops

CRESTVIEW ? A 24-year-old man was arrested Dec. 18 on charges of cocaine distribution, smuggling contraband into a detention facility and misdemeanor narcotic equipment possession.

Adrian Lamar Warren was pulled over after running a red light at McCaskill Street and East James Lee Boulevard, according to his Okaloosa County Sheriff's arrest report.

The deputy who pulled Warren over recognized him for having been arrested for cocaine distribution so after warning him about his traffic infraction he asked permission to search Warren's vehicle.

Warren complied and during the search a scale was found in the glove compartment with the remnants of cocaine. Two "street rolls" of cash were also found in his pocket, totaling $1,595.

During an interview, Warren was asked why he had such a large amount of cash and he responded saying, "I don't have a job, read between the lines."

Warren is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 7.

Source

Edited by SHoTTa35
Edited subject for the cut off.

$1500 isn't what I call "large" but yeah it's a good chunk of change. I had about $2,300 in my pocket last week. LOL If he had $10K then ok, fine, that's crazy. I've actually had more on me but those were checks so I don't count that but the most was about 35K in checks in my pocket.

He had scales with cocaine on it, and large sums of cash on his person. Yes, it wouldn't be very hard to infer in court that he is probably a drug dealer. At least a good lawyer would hopefully be able to get his charges lessoned due to his honestly.

$1500 isn't what I call "large" but yeah it's a good chunk of change. I had about $2,300 in my pocket last week. LOL If he had $10K then ok, fine, that's crazy. I've actually had more on me but those were checks so I don't count that but the most was about 35K in checks in my pocket.

what? why do you even have so much cash?? The only cash i have in my wallet is $1 which is there for couple of weeks now.

I need cash just for the vending machine and I have few dollar on my desk for that. If you get mugged you lose all of that and its not safe..

Well, I bet you had a good reason for having 2.3k in your pockets last week.

Like when I had a good reason to have 600 Euros in mine a week ago.

Having 1.5k for no good reason is suspicious as hell. :)

Well yeah, i don't normally have that much money on me, maybe $100 at most. I'm just wondering what the cops would have thought then. LOL I have had banks rob me so sometimes I don't trust em (well the bank had someone rob them internally and froze a few accounts, mine included and took few months for me to get all my money back). It was a pain in the butt but got no choice but to use something. I switched over to credit unions which is basically the same. I don't like credit/debit cards since then as well as they just got me in trouble with spending too much :D I like cold hard cash!

I know who I'm mugging next... :shiftyninja:

I suppose prostitution infers a lesser penalty then cocaine distribution...

you cant actually be tried for prostitution unless they catch you in the act via sting .... once its done its done ... like over here you cant be arrested for having used drugs ... only taking/possessing (e.g. they have to catch you half way through a joint)

I know who I'm mugging next... :shiftyninja:

I know who I'm mugging after you mug him :shiftyninja:.

*then I flee so no one can mug me!*

you cant actually be tried for prostitution unless they catch you in the act via sting .... once its done its done ... like over here you cant be arrested for having used drugs ... only taking/possessing (e.g. they have to catch you half way through a joint)

Well hot dog! That's pretty handy.

Yeah well, just keep in mind that it's not necessarily the same in other countries, in Israel you can be arrested for virtually any amount of any drug.

Just recently a dude was arrested for having 0.32 grams of weed in his car.

I know who I'm mugging after you mug him :shiftyninja:.

*then I flee so no one can mug me!*

damn... I did not cover my bases. Foiled again!