British men don't like to change underwear

IT IS a dirty truth which reveals that the brief encounter of the average British male can sometimes last a little longer than is strictly hygienic. :huh:

According to a new survey, nearly a quarter of men see no need to don fresh underwear each morning, preferring instead to pull on the same pair worn the day before.

The unsavoury revelation that a mere 78 per cent of men slip into clean smalls on a daily basis compares badly against the resounding 95 per cent of women who don clean undies every day.

In all, the research of just how fastidious we are when it comes to the loathsome tasks of washing and ironing suggests gender inequality remains rife, with men failing to carry out their fair share of household chores.

The survey, by market analyst Mintel, found that in general, most people favour clean undergarments, with 87 per cent of all adults changing their pants and socks on a daily basis.

Divisions, however, emerged when comparing the responses of singletons and married people, with those outside of a relationship less likely (82 per cent) to sport fresh underwear than those in a union (88 per cent).

When it comes to keeping on top of the laundry, 42 per cent of households put on a wash between two and three times a week, while nearly four in ten (38 per cent) put on four or more loads a week.

While a large proportion of clothes are washed when they are not visibly dirty, with more than half (52 per cent) of adults wearing shirts and tops only once before putting them in the laundry basket, 16 per cent wait for these items to look visibly dirty before washing.

Richard Caines, senior consumer analyst at Mintel, said: ?There is a distinct whiff of laziness among men in the UK today when it comes to underwear.?

more

Oh geez, that's disgusting >.<

I never even thought about putting on a previously-worn, unwashed pair, that's just gross. Changing underwear is just part of getting dressed, the daily routine.. isn't it? O_o

If I have a shower in the morning, see there is only one left or none, I will give it a sniff and if it's OK, it will do. I don't think it would be a problem unless you were out running, didn't wipe good enough or wet yourself.

If I have a shower in the morning, see there is only one left or none, I will give it a sniff and if it's OK, it will do. I don't think it would be a problem unless you were out running, didn't wipe good enough or wet yourself.

:|

If I have a shower in the morning, see there is only one left or none, I will give it a sniff and if it's OK, it will do.

Pretty much this unless I went to the gym the day before :p

gross, on so many levels. Why bother even showering if you are going to put on dirty underwear. Boxers, T-Shirts and socks NEVER go back on once I take them off - jeans is about the only thing I will wear without washing right away.

as I was my ass after #2 every time and take a shower every afternoon and I only wear underwear when going out or at work but never at home, I would wear the pair on the second day ...

if i exercise or do more strenuous work, then goes straight in the laundry basket ....

I fail to see how keeping clean for 8h would make the underwear so dirty and stinky rabid crusty that is so despicably dirty it needs to be washed ... do you have a body condition that bad?

I'm ashamed of my fellow Brits! I put new kegs on every day, and if I run out (sometimes it happens, because chores like washing my clothes bore me) I'll simply go commando. How people can put on the same underwear is beyond me, I mean, have they ever smelled a pair after they've taken them off in the morning? :x

pfft i change mine sometimes 3 times a day just cause i like to be clean im surprised Americans can comment didn't know they could afford underwear let alone know what it was :o lol

im surprised Americans can comment didn't know they could afford underwear let alone know what it was :o lol

...seriously? You forgot the part about them all being illiterate rednecks who don't bathe, either.

All depends on how long you wear your underwear per day i think.

I work in the dive industry and spend a lot of my time in the water. So I might only wear my underwear only 2 or 3 hours a day.

In that case i don't mind wearing it for 2 days. And nobody should have an issue with that i guess? Most people who work a whole day spend at least 10 or more hours in the same underwear

What do you people do to your underpants that requires such frequent replacement my single use friends? I'm not sure when such germophobia or whatnot entered the Zeitgeist but I find that modern requirement to be quite silly.

• Like 2

What do you people do to your underpants that requires such frequent replacement my single use friends?

Thats what i thought. Its understandable for women though.

Thats what i thought. Its understandable for women though.

I was going to say the same thing. Personally, I only change my underwear after I shower and that's once a day (90% of the time).

I usually shower / change my underwear once every 2-3 days. I mean unless you are ****ing yourself, or ****ting yourself. I see no reason to do it daily. I mean in the summer time when I walk at night come home soaking wet, then sure, i'll shower and change undwear, but I don't see any reason to do it daily.

What do you people do to your underpants that requires such frequent replacement my single use friends? I'm not sure when such germophobia or whatnot entered the Zeitgeist but I find that modern requirement to be quite silly.

i agree. some people are to obsessive when it comes to that stuff as people taking 2 showers a day often seems completely unnecessary as i could understand if you sweat a lot but if your going to do that it would just make more sense to sweat etc first then get in the shower.

personally unless your sweating a lot or something else... you could go AT LEAST 2 days (and i am talking 48hours-ish straight) with same clothes/underwear (although i change my socks everyday since those get more sweaty vs the rest of me) because in all reality you can't get THAT dirty in a couple days span especially if your not sweating all that much etc. because your overall body don't really start to feel noticeably dirty in general til about the third day mark. so even conservatively, you could just shower then change underwear once every couple of days and still be perfectly within clean-ish limits.

p.s. although i might be a little obessive when it comes to washing my hands though as that i do many times a day. pretty much nearly always before i eat and periodcially throughout the day. maybe once every hour or two as i think going longer without washing hands is easily worse than not changing clothes underwear for a couple of days as if you did not wash your hands in that in a day or two they would obviously be quite nasty vs the rest of your body.

I usually shower / change my underwear once every 2-3 days. I mean unless you are ****ing yourself, or ****ting yourself. I see no reason to do it daily. I mean in the summer time when I walk at night come home soaking wet, then sure, i'll shower and change undwear, but I don't see any reason to do it daily

100percent agreed! (that sounds like the sweet spot to me as your not obsessive about it but not nasty either ;) )

i would say unless i sweat a lot, which is not to often, i can typically go 3 days in general as by the 3 day mark you can START to FEEL your getting a little dirty where as a shower then would be a good idea (which if i get in the shower i am obviously going to put in clean underwear) if you want to be safe. but ill admit sometimes i can go more, but 4 days is pretty much the max otherwise it starts to get nasty quickly especially in the summer when you tend to perspire more vs when it's cold out but even when it's cold i typically don't go more than 4 days although 3 is probably a safer bet.

bottom line... either way, going up to 3 days without changing underwear/shower is not THAT bad (assuming your not sweating to much) although i don't recommend going more than 3 days for a shower/changing underwear. (but like i say i do wash my hands quite often though as going to long without doing that is nasty as i would say everyone should wash their hands AT LEAST 3-4 times a day (generally before meals at the least) but i am sure looking at myself i am well over that amount on a average day.)