Metro haters and Microsoft haters in general

Hi,

I'm starting this tread for all the people on Neowin who hate the direction Microsoft is going with Metro and for all the people who generally dislike Microsoft.

Can you guys just all come and hang out here for the future and stay away from all the other MS related treads

Specially if you got nothing better to say then

It's ugly, it's not user friendly, it's a step back,....

MS is this, MS is that,....

I know forums are for sharing your thoughts but it's just getting silly

Every post you read about Win 8 the same people are back saying the same old thing again

It's getting tiring

If you have nothing nice to stay, just stay away. You don't find me sh*tting all over your Android and Apple treads.

I'm sure other people here on Neowin would appreciate it too

Cheers

• Like 4

I actually really like MS as a company and I've been a user of their product for over 15 years. That been said I think the whole Metro thing is a huge mistake and I'm sure there's plenty of MS fanboys who would agree with me

If you have nothing nice to stay, just stay away. You don't find me sh*tting all over your Android and Apple treads.

And guess what, Windows/Microsoft fanatics keep trolling Apple/Android/Linux threads all the time and have been for years as Apple/Linux/Android fanatics troll Windows/Microsoft threads.

Of course you haven't been here to see it or just happen to ignore it.

Edit:

Also I happen to dislike Metro but guess what? I don't have to use it. Choice is great.

And guess what, Windows/Microsoft fanatics keep trolling Apple/Android/Linux threads all the time and have been for years as Apple/Linux/Android fanatics troll Windows/Microsoft threads.

Of course you haven't been here to see it or just happen to ignore it.

I just can't believe people want to spend this amount of energy and time to talk about something they don't like.

That's why you won't find me on any of these treads, and if i would post it would be questions to educate myself

I just can't believe people want to spend this amount of energy and time to talk about something they don't like.

Don't confuse valid criticism with trolling - I've seen a lot of decent posts that point out the flaws in Metro that are shrugged off as "You're just hatin'!".

I'm a long time (very long time) Microsoft user, think they do a lot of good products, been a Microsoft MVP etc. but I really hate metro and think it is ugly.

That's all good and well, and I respect your opinion, but why do the same people keep repeating the same opinion/"facts" about Win8 over and over again.

Why would you even feel like putting the energy in to reply the same thing every time.

There is nothing you could do over the internet.. you can not stop them from bashing over the products to the members on the forums or elsewhere. If he/she do not like Metro, then he/she can move on and find something else that is useful or he/she can wait until the tricks/mods/hacks will be out and this stuff will be useful than the default Metro.

If he/she bashes something to you, then just ignore and move on.

If I was you, I do not care what they think about the items that they have said to you. All I do is check the product out and see if I like it or not, if not, then I can take it back and get something else, or replace something on it.

Microsoft didn't realize that a PC isn't a touchscreen device, Windows 8 looks rather like like a 'tablet exclusive' OS with those poorly colored fancy tiles, seems they tried to mimic WIndows 3.11. They'll surely lose a lot of PC users with such a move to Metro UI. Regular PC users don't need touch screen features on PCs.

Don't confuse valid criticism with trolling - I've seen a lot of decent posts that point out the flaws in Metro that are shrugged off as "You're just hatin'!".

But how can you just say there are flaws if other people think about the same feature an a benefit?

At that point it's just your opinion and not a flaw.

All to often people here post their opinion here but state it as a fact

Microsoft didn't realize that a PC isn't a touchscreen device, Windows 8 looks rather like like a 'tablet exclusive' OS with those poorly colored fancy tiles, seems they tried to mimic WIndows 3.11. They'll surely lose a lot of PC users with such a move to Metro UI. Regular PC users don't need touch screen features on PCs.

See you are doing it again, that is your opinion, it's not a fact

I'm trying to be really optimistic. Maybe by the grace of god metro won?t be as bad as I imagine. I really hope that in the final release the HUGE metro screen doesn?t appear every time you hit start. I shudder to think what will happen the first time I setup a Windows 8 machine for a user and they boot the computer for the first time.

I?m anticipating a deer in the headlights look. So then what? I?m going to teach them everything there is to know about metro before I leave? If I don?t they will be lost. Most of them are so stupid if you tell them ?Click start in the bottom left? they are confused. They just learned how to use XP and were totally confused with the UI Change of Windows 7. I?m just really worried about how confused my customers will be that?s all.

You obviously didn't try it ...
  • Like 1

I'm trying to be really optimistic. Maybe by the grace of god metro won?t be as bad as I imagine. I really hope that in the final release the HUGE metro screen doesn?t appear every time you hit start. I shudder to think what will happen the first time I setup a Windows 8 machine for a user and they boot the computer for the first time.

I?m anticipating a deer in the headlights look. So then what? I?m going to teach them everything there is to know about metro before I leave? If I don?t they will be lost. Most of them are so stupid if you tell them ?Click start in the bottom left? they are confused. They just learned how to use XP and were totally confused with the UI Change of Windows 7. I?m just really worried about how confused my customers will be that?s all.

See, you have a valid concern and that's fine.

I think that your problems with your customers will be pretty alright, by the time Win8 arrives most people will have had a tablet in there hands and played around with it.

Don't forget that it's MS hope that most people will not leave the Metro side of Windows. And that would be absolutely possible one there are enough apps.

You can always keep installing Win7 for your customers, until they are all happy dealing with a tablet OS

You obviously didn't try it ...

I did, in fact everything about Developer Preview is awesome but the Metro UI is really the ugly thing on a PC, I have nothing against it but touch features should be kept for tablets or touchscreens imo. The default Start Menu works be far better and is much more usable.

I think a lot people hate change... Whether you like or not we going massive changes in the computer industry. I don't really have opinion on Metro and windows 8. I need to see the beta and really high quality apps to give me better sense if I like it or not. I do think windows 8 is going spur better and more innovative hardware on the PC side....And that's good thing.

I love Windows 8 and i dont care what others have to say about win 8... I like it so i am going to buy and use 8 when it comes out.

And people who hate the design/feature is their opinion.. They have the same right as the one who like a design/feature...

the real problem is when some one like a feature and other dont. You cant make everyone happy.

I think a lot people hate change... Whether you like or not we going massive changes in the computer industry. I don't really have opinion on Metro and windows 8. I need to see the beta and really high quality apps to give me better sense if I like it or not. I do think windows 8 is going spur better and more innovative hardware on the PC side....And that's good thing.

I believe you are right, a lot of people hate change, so i could expect some of the comments from the average user, but the people on these forums are all IT enthusiasts and should embrace change and have an open mind. A lot of the replies don't show either of those trades

I love metro and I am optimistic about Windows 8. I really love the "chromeless" IE10 for browsing on a regular i.e. non-touch laptop. Having said that, the UI in DP is all over the place. e.g. Switching tabs or between apps is painful or shut down/restart is a chore.

I guess we will have to wait for beta for what they have done to improve mouse-KB tasks.

but the people on these forums are all IT enthusiasts and should embrace change and have an open mind. A lot of the replies don't show either of those trades

Many of us are also industry vets who've seen things change many times over the years and not for the better much of the time.

Don't mistake criticism on the part of many of the posters here for resisting change for the sake of it but rather them seeing it as not improving the usability of the OS in question.

I did, in fact everything about Developer Preview is awesome but the Metro UI is really the ugly thing on a PC, I have nothing against it but touch features should be kept for tablets or touchscreens imo. The default Start Menu works be far better and is much more usable.

You're saying that it's ugly but on the DP you can't customise it. The final product will allows you to customise a lot more as you like it.

Also, how is the old start menu "far better and is much more usable" ? The menu brings more search results per page, you don't have to press the windows key to start the apps search and finally they allows you to search for file OR appz OR settings, and it's not mixed which is really confusing and slower to bring a result in the current Windows version.

I love Windows 8 and i dont care what others have to say about win 8... I like it so i am going to buy and use 8 when it comes out.

And people who hate the design/feature is their opinion.. They have the same right as the one who like a design/feature...

the real problem is when some one like a feature and other dont.

Still1 - a lot of those that hate Metro apparently like the idea of different operating systems for different devices (as opposed to merely different user interfaces). There has been pushback against the even semi-unification of OS X and iOS on Apple hardware - let alone the greater unification planned on Android with Ice Cream Sandwich and Metro on Windows.

I, on the other hand, find the transition between different operating systems/user interfaces jarring, not to mention frustrating.

Forks are for eating with (in my humble opinion) - not for software.

Can't say I've experienced it outside of the design test Zune and the 360 dashboard, the former was a nice experience, dislike the 360 one but won't go into that.

It's hard not to comment on something just from looking at it but I can sort of understand how a tablet focus on a PC desktop would be a bit off putting but I've not used it yet and some people have. It's a risky bet but I don't think Microsoft have been better than they are now. Lets wait and see how it turns out.