I have a bot hack in my facebook account and can't remove it.

For the last week, I've been getting messages from people that I was chatting people on facebook and saying sexual things to them. The problem is that I never said them. When I login to facebook, this bot would start chatting with 20 people over a 10 minute point. I see this happen right in front of me. I change my password 6 times and does not works. I thought I had a spyware on my computer but when I login with a different computer it stills happens. It's driving me and I can't stop it. Sometime, it pop up that it's using AIM Preview but I'm not login into it. I don't want to start over with my facebook account because put a lot of years in Mafia Wars.

Does anyone know what to do about this? Facebook help is useless.

Check your apps and remove any that look suspicious. Also, this may be of some help. I found it on Facebook's help page:

What is the Facebook Bot?

The Facebook Bot (AIM: facebook) will alert your friends of invitations and friend requests that you send to them when using the AIM Instant Messenger Friend Finder. If you wish to stop the Facebook Bot from contacting you in the future, you can type "stop" or "cancel" into an instant message with the Facebook Bot. You can learn more about what the Facebook Bot can do by typing "help" into an instant message with the Facebook Bot.

https://www.facebook...e-Facebook-Bot?

It's possible that your AIM account has been compromised. I don't know how it works with Facebook because I don't use it, but I assume it's possible to chat with Facebook contacts. Change your AIM password and if that doesn't work, remove any Facebook contacts you have on your AIM account.

I already check facebook app. I delete most of the apps. I change the password word on my facebook account on a different computer. AIM is not connected to my facebook account. I switch browsers from Chrome 15 to Firefox 10. I scan my computer with 2 virus protection program. I still have the same issues.

I don't want to start over with my facebook account because put a lot of years in Mafia Wars.

Wow.........

My suggestions is like said: Delete all your applications (ALL), make sure your AIM and FB are NOT linked, and rescan your PC just in case.

I remove all my apps and I reinstall my computer and still have the issues. I just don't know what else I can do.

Turn on txt approval login. check security and terminate all open sessions and recognised devices? <-- have you done this?

If you end all browser sessions after adding your phone number for sms approval logins then I'd contact Facebook directly and get your account locked down - you can unlock it but they'll stop anything nasty happening.

98474663.jpg

install decent antivirus, secure your wireless connection if you have one, make sure you have secured and or disabled any vnc or remote desktop software on your computer, change your passwords to everything from a friends computer.

If reformatting didn't work then either someone has your password or someone's inside your network.

I don't want to start over with my facebook account because put a lot of years in Mafia Wars.

That's one of the reasons that I don't play games on Facebook. I don't trust the apps in Facebook. If I want to play games with friends, I can do that on Xbox or PC (stand-alone) games such as Descent, Doom, Quake, you know?

Change your settings on login system like other posters said. Login approval, approved devices you have, etc.

Run "Spybot Search & Destroy" Im guessing your Anti-Virus is to blame here, or indeed a lack of anti-malware/spyware software on your system. Your AV will only pickup viruse`s in most cases and ignore these kinds of hacks.

I'm wired to my router and it's password protected. :-(

For the last week, I've been getting messages from people that I was chatting people on facebook and saying sexual things to them. The problem is that I never said them. When I login to facebook, this bot would start chatting with 20 people over a 10 minute point. I see this happen right in front of me. I change my password 6 times and does not works. I thought I had a spyware on my computer but when I login with a different computer it stills happens. It's driving me and I can't stop it. Sometime, it pop up that it's using AIM Preview but I'm not login into it. I don't want to start over with my facebook account because put a lot of years in Mafia Wars.

Close your Facebook account. FB is horrible dude.

I've read it's possible to put web links in the Messages, Newsfeeds and other postings. The web link points to a bot. If you read through every single one of the messages, you might find the bot. Delete the bad message and hopefully the bot will disappear.

Please let us know how it goes.

surprised nobody has said the most obvious: turn off the application platform.

basically, not all apps show up on the applications list, not sure why but it's facebook so it's not entirely surprising. if you turn off the application platform in its entirety (Privacy Settings > Apps & Websites > Turn off all apps) that will actually delete all applications you have.

go to account settings and log-out all active sessions, change your password on a clean computer, check to make sure no other session is logged in, and now you can turn application platform back on and add the good apps that you want back in (game progress should be saved nomatter what).

It's driving me and I can't stop it.

Just tell it to pull over and get out. Failing that, remember to tuck your head down, then roll out of the passenger side door.

Worst. Reason. Ever. I could understand if you had a huge friend list or something, but you don't want to start over because of a game?

Close your Facebook account. FB is horrible dude.

Wow. It's Monday morning. Don't bother writing useless posts just yet. Give it until midday at least.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot about thinking of a suggestion.

If it is possible to turn off the application platform like Primexx said then try it. Let us know what happens.

Just tell it to pull over and get out. Failing that, remember to tuck your head down, then roll out of the passenger side door.

Worst. Reason. Ever. I could understand if you had a huge friend list or something, but you don't want to start over because of a game?

Wow. It's Monday morning. Don't bother writing useless posts just yet. Give it until midday at least.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot about thinking of a suggestion.

If it is possible to turn off the application platform like Primexx said then try it. Let us know what happens.

600,000+ compromised account logins every day on Facebook

http://nakedsecurity...account-logins/

http://articles.nyda...ty-active-users

600,000+ compromised account logins every day on Facebook

Ok. Using that logic, ACTIONpack should stop using a computer. Have you seen how many machines get compromised every day?

Ok. Using that logic, ACTIONpack should stop using a computer. Have you seen how many machines get compromised every day?

600,000 FB accounts hacked every day is unacceptable. I no longer have any kind of social network account, but do a search and see how many Google+ accounts are hacked daily. Not even close to Facebook's atrocity.

600,000 FB accounts hacked every day is unacceptable.

I think this pie chart ties in nicely with your statement ;)

tumblr_lxvxm2zE631rnvo4xo1_500.jpg

I think this pie chart ties in nicely with your statement ;)

tumblr_lxvxm2zE631rnvo4xo1_500.jpg

For your information, I NEVER forgot to log out. I cancelled the account because I think it is not safe. Facebook has too many issues and security holes. You want to stay in FB?, that is your choice. As for me, I no longer care for it or any other social network.