Windows Phone Choosing Help.

I want to choose a windows phone, used or in mint condition, but Im in Canada so my Selection is seriously limted to about 5 devices, sadly. Any help on making my decision would be very helpful.

I too would like some clarification. What distinguishes one phone from another. Obviously people here will have different opinions about the hardware manufacturers. I would like some REAL points here like The Lumia 900 has a Carl Zeiss lens, dual flash and LTE.

I want to choose a windows phone, used or in mint condition, but Im in Canada so my Selection is seriously limted to about 5 devices, sadly. Any help on making my decision would be very helpful.

What about Omnia 7, or Surround or HD7?

Also, you can get the new one, if you have the money, the mid-range one Lumia 710

LG Optimus 7 (LG-E900h) it's great. The battery life if very good and it has real buttons for BACK, WINDOWS and SEARCH which I like.

It is somewhat heavy but feels very good in your hands. For me, it was the one that felt more "premium" from the first generation of Windows Phone devices. It's been one year and is still working really well.

If you can, trying saving a little a go for one of the "Mango" devices like the Nokia Lumia 710 or the Samsung Focus Flash that are in the mid-range categories. Of course, I would recommend the Lumia 800 or the Lumia 900 but they are expensive and may not fit your budget.

Looks arent everything yah know... I'd rather have a few hours extra battery life then a good looking phone that needs charged all the time LOL...

Flash Focus id say.

Not so sure about the battery though. I got Omnia 7 and the battery sucks :(

if you want battery go with the new HTC phones. They seem to hold up. Else Nokia Lumia 900 (BIGGGGGGG BATTERY)

its really crappy :(

gotten worse..

i get around 4 5 hours with heavy usage.. HEAVY meaning .. using PULSE and playing a game for a bit and rest in messaging using the built in messaging app

ouch that sucks... mine was 14 hours with GPS on (using google maps navigation to take me to the doc from my location {3.5 hours one way 2.8 the way back} [HUGE drainer!!]and playing music and playing angry birds occassionally! this was the lowest I've had on it (but it's a droid tho LG Optimus S) but still an LG example...

my usual with pretty heavy usage is around 22 hours and about 3 or 4 days of light usage.

how about when you have GPS on and using it to navigate?

with light usage i can squeeze around 8 to 10 hours.. and with very very light usage i can get around 23 hours.. that tops!!..

But i noticed something the other day. I have windowbroken my phone. So i have the battery app which shows me a graph showing how the usage went down. I noticed one night i slept and after 8 hours only 2 percent battery dropped. But i noticed that i got no mail or msg or any other push notification. So if the phone sleeps.. it is real good. But if i get a message or something and the phone lights up.. i lose about 15 to 20% battery when i get up. Pretty weird. Ive reconditioned it aswell. but no good.

Mayb its winter thats why. Ive read in winters batteries get a lil weaker. . .

GPS?? my GPS is off.. if i use GPS it drains a lil faster. But i noticed.. turning off WiFi doesnt make much different...

I suspect my battery is just dying. Because i noticed its showing me the sign where if i have 30% battery.. i turn off my phone and turn on and it has dropped to 5%.. you know what i mean? the battery dying signs.....

my battery life with any phone was worse in the summer.

good... (with the gps thing)

wifi doesnt make a difference with mine either I just leave it on...

yes i only use GPS when i am actually in gMaps..

and i only have 3 apps allowed for push..

facebook

network dashboard (wifi on off status app)

appsdeals

battery status.

thats it.

And i have only one email account and it checks for once every 15minutes. i tried 30 minutes doesnt make much of a difference.

Do you think i need a new battery?

when i got this phone i used to get like 6 7 hours with heavy usage.. and that was average.. 4 5 is just too low.

i got this phone because it was the only AMOLED windows phone at that time.

for next time ill make sure i get one with great battery.... and i know my next phone will be WP8. so im just looking forward to that. But if u wana get samsung phone please make sure to know how the battery is.

Ive heard good things about Focus S, HTC Titan and Lumia 800 (for those without battery bug)

but i havent heard much about the smaller phones like the flash focus and lumia 710 or htc radar (actually according to one review RADAR got a pretty impressive battery time) I just cant stand the display. Metro on a backlight bleeding LCD looks horrible.

sounds like you need a new battery! I have:

facebook

accuweather

windows live hotmail

messenger

for push and it doesn't drain it that much

but if I had twitter it would drain it a bit more.

I just really freaking hate how we have to be so tight with our phones becuase of crappy batteries! wish we'd have infinite power [or at least damn good batteries] allready LOL

yups....

the problem is here we have alot of those CHINA made fake battery selling as original.

so i doubt ill find the one that comes with the phone.

but the battery is the same as the galaxy S battery so i think i might find it somewhere.

If i get a new battery ill post to tell if it really fixed the problem.

yah i would buy from only good stores....

hell when I got my new UPS I got an APC rather then a Cyberpower unit becuase the batteries from APC are better and easier to find as well. APC supports them longer

my Cyberpower UPS was discontinued too quick and I coudn't find any batteries so I bought a new APC UPS LOL.

Do you think i need a new battery?

What background tasks do you have running? Maybe you need to uninstall some apps that are constantly running but not used that often or just stop some apps running in the background and update them manually.

• 1 month later...